What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Tez

Juniors
Used to watch the boat races down at Tom Ugly's bridge.
On Saturday afternoon. Do you remember the Civic Centre dance in Hurstville Sunday nights...Live band,
Mostly the "illusions"played
Great band,in the late 60'?

Reactions: jak

BBTB

Juniors
Ahh! The Allusions at the Rivoli. I used to play in a local rock band and we idolised them, going there every week in the 60's to watch them. They had a hit, "Gypsy Woman".
Yes,that was them...Big hit "Gypsy Woman "1966.

BBTB

Juniors
Ahh! The Allusions at the Rivoli. I used to play in a local rock band and we idolised them, going there every week in the 60's to watch them. They had a hit, "Gypsy Woman".
Ever play at the Vacant Lot
Beverley hills?

DamoV

Juniors
Apparently Reece Robson being shopped around by Cowboys in their anticipation of getting Brandon Smith. Obviously they’re not favourites to get him, but would/should we chase Robson if that’s the case? Always thought he was a goodie that we shouldn’t have let go. I guess depends on the young kid we’re bringing through development at the moment.

Rod Coil

Juniors
Apparently Reece Robson being shopped around by Cowboys in their anticipation of getting Brandon Smith. Obviously they’re not favourites to get him, but would/should we chase Robson if that’s the case? Always thought he was a goodie that we shouldn’t have let go. I guess depends on the young kid we’re bringing through development at the moment.
Yes please. In a heartbeat for me.

I remember a DragonsTV puff piece where Milward was singling him out & saying he was a 10 year 'special' player........then McFlop shops him off

DamoV

Juniors
Yes please. In a heartbeat for me.

I remember a DragonsTV puff piece where Milward was singling him out & saying he was a 10 year 'special' player........then McFlop shops him off
Yeah I remember the same commentary about him. We’ve had a few junior kangaroos at homer who haven’t kicked on (Cameron King).

Robson seems perfectly suited to current faster game. Not too dissimilar to Harry Grant.

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
between the pub and the theatre that were down the road a tad from the station ?
No that was a pitza hut.
The other way pub,fish shop,Chinese restaurant, around the corner across the street & into the vacant lot.

BBTB

Juniors
now im with you. my parents owned the paragon cake shop opposite the the theatre about 1950 to mid to late sixties
Oh ,my auntie used to work as a usherette in that theatre. Her first job.My grandfather owned the milk run ,before bottle milk. Billy cans....😅😅😅

Reactions: jak

Old Timer

Coach
Used to watch the boat races down at Tom Ugly's bridge.
On Saturday afternoon. Do you remember the Civic Centre dance in Hurstville Sunday nights...Live band,
Mostly the "illusions"played
Great band,in the late 60'?
The St George Motor Boat Club was for the elite of the district and the plebs like us had to make do with the public park just alongside the club.

Watched plenty of boat races there and the local hero was a bloke called Allan Boucher who lived along the highway just North of the Seabreeze.
The big boats there were Apache (several of them), Hi Fi, FF Sure

The Civic Centre was my eldest brothers haunt so I gave that a miss but loved a beer at the Bennelong, game of kelly's and a bash on the Bally machines over at the pool hall and a hamburger at Jimmy's do you remember Sorrento's Pizza place on Forrest Road just up from the top pub, Jim Mitchell's sports store, the Coles cafeteria beside the arcade, the building of the "underground" railway station?

denis preston

First Grade
The Pondarosa Pizza's were great. Bennelong front bar with big Jim out the front and pub drunk Rocky inside. Boin came from a very bad science teacher at St Ursula's to a millionaire chemist owner. The widening of King Georges rd took a decade but gave great parking which resulting in a spurge of restaurants opening up.

BBTB

Juniors
The St George Motor Boat Club was for the elite of the district and the plebs like us had to make do with the public park just alongside the club.

Watched plenty of boat races there and the local hero was a bloke called Allan Boucher who lived along the highway just North of the Seabreeze.
The big boats there were Apache (several of them), Hi Fi, FF Sure

The Civic Centre was my eldest brothers haunt so I gave that a miss but loved a beer at the Bennelong, game of kelly's and a bash on the Bally machines over at the pool hall and a hamburger at Jimmy's do you remember Sorrento's Pizza place on Forrest Road just up from the top pub, Jim Mitchell's sports store, the Coles cafeteria beside the arcade, the building of the "underground" railway station?
Yes,great day's.....

Latest posts