What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

T-Boon

Coach
Without kicking a hornets nest yes.

Shit stadium aside the demographics of the St George area have changed dramatically over the years.

The East Asian community has pretty much taken over the St George area these days.
that is only a bad thing for NRL clubs (in this case St George) because they are too lazy to try to get new fans. The "Dragons" would be the perfect club to try to get a chinese following. Dragons are very meaningful in Chinese culture. Sharks are not.

flippikat

Bench
New Christchurch stadium looking likely

Looking great, Christchurch - and a targeted opening date of no later than 30 June 2025 puts it well into contention when the NRL weighs up team 18.

New build, 30k seats, covered, city centre, open just 2.5 years (at most) after the Dolphins debut... ticks a lot of boxes from a VENUE perspective.

Another article here: https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/457141/preliminary-designs-revealed-for-christchurch-stadium

grozzy

Juniors
One of the problems ATM with Kogarah at present is that its oval shaped. Which has lead to a less than ideal stand although it is not too old. Also the corner posts are way too close to the fence. Does anyone know if it's used for oval sports?

T-Boon

Coach
One of the problems ATM with Kogarah at present is that its oval shaped. Which has lead to a less than ideal stand although it is not too old. Also the corner posts are way too close to the fence. Does anyone know if it's used for oval sports?
Good question. I have often wondered as well. why not get a few tractors and push the hill closer to the sideline (rectangularise it). They should do that at multiple grounds.

Croz Au

Juniors
It should be the other way around or Cronulla be relocated elsewhere and Dragons take over from Kograh to Gong. It is less than ideal to have a team in the comp like Cronulla whose fans will not travel 10minutes to support their team when they need the support.
Hate to break it for you… again.

a lot of Sydney team fans don’t travel, not just sharks fans.
So get rid of the hate for sharks; it won’t help your cause

T-Boon

Coach
Hate to break it for you… again.

a lot of Sydney team fans don’t travel, not just sharks fans.
So get rid of the hate for sharks; it won’t help your cause

Cronulla and Manly are easily the worst at travelling. Cronulla fans last year should go down in infamy for not caring enough to travel to kogorah to support their team when the move was for the benefit of the club. That will take some living down.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
that is only a bad thing for NRL clubs (in this case St George) because they are too lazy to try to get new fans. The "Dragons" would be the perfect club to try to get a chinese following. Dragons are very meaningful in Chinese culture. Sharks are not.
That community has been there since for as long as far back as the 80's and they haven't shown one jot of interest since why would they now?

I've been around that community since I was a kid and none of them follow league, if they followed sport it was football.

Are you and GZ troll accounts?

The both of you are professional shit stirrers.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
Cronulla and Manly are easily the worst at travelling. Cronulla fans last year should go down in infamy for not caring enough to travel to kogorah to support their team when the move was for the benefit of the club. That will take some living down.
Are you seriously mentally challenged or just stupid?

I went to Kogarah for a home game against Canberra in March in the pissing down rain when I was in town to visit family and it didn't feel like a home game.

Just ask old Balmain fans pre merger how they felt having to travel to the old Parramatta Stadium for home games when they stupidly abandoned Leichhardt Oval.

Croz Au

Juniors
Actually that’s roosters, followed by manly, Canberra.
sharks are around the middle

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Yep that other thing that happened wasn’t part of it either.

MugaB

Coach
Are you seriously mentally challenged or just stupid?

I went to Kogarah for a home game against Canberra in March in the pissing down rain when I was in town to visit family and it didn't feel like a home game.

Just ask old Balmain fans pre merger how they felt having to travel to the old Parramatta Stadium for home games when they stupidly abandoned Leichhardt Oval.
T-B is a bit of a moron, loves to stir up hate, probably the reason for the cronulla riots too... also hates Manly, Cronulla and Penrith
Not sure why, they are all travelling pretty well in most departments right now, especially with regarding stadium funding, rosters and juniors influx

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
T-B is a bit of a moron, loves to stir up hate, probably the reason for the cronulla riots too... also hates Manly, Cronulla and Penrith
Not sure why, they are all travelling pretty well in most departments right now, especially with regarding stadium funding, rosters and juniors influx
I'm convinced the bloke is a special needs case.

I've never seen someone spin as much shit as TB does.

Actually that’s roosters, followed by manly, Canberra.
sharks are around the middle
hahaha

sharks fans are at the bottom

Raiders fans outnumbered sharks fans at kogarah , for the sharks 2 " home " games against us in 2020 & 2021.
3 hours for us , 15 minutes for sharks fans.
there were around 20K Roosters fans at the 2013 away game to souths at homebush which drew a record crowd in Sydney of nearly 60K, a one off maybe but hey , they went.
Have 20K Sharks fans turned up to an away club game ever in their history, hell have 10K ? ... yea.. nah

Perth Red

Post Whore
but but but 70k found a way to get to ANZ for the Gf lol. It sucks that Sydney fans wont travel. It could boost attendances by 25% overnight

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
hahaha

sharks fans are at the bottom

Raiders fans outnumbered sharks fans at kogarah , for the sharks 2 " home " games against us in 2020 & 2021.
3 hours for us , 15 minutes for sharks fans.
there were around 20K Roosters fans at the 2013 away game to souths at homebush which drew a record crowd in Sydney of nearly 60K, a one off maybe but hey , they went.
Have 20K Sharks fans turned up to an away club game ever in their history, hell have 10K ? ... yea.. nah
Do you share the solitary brain cell you have with TB?

That Souths vs Roosters game in 2013 was the last round of the regular season to decide a minor premiership.

I was at that game at Kogarah this year and it was during the period where large parts of Sydney were underwater and the conditions were absolutely dreadful that day and imbeciles like you expect 20K to turn up to a game against an out of town club in those conditions?

How many Faders fans turned up when it snowed against Wests? I believe it was 7000.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
but but but 70k found a way to get to ANZ for the Gf lol. It sucks that Sydney fans wont travel. It could boost attendances by 25% overnight
You must share the same brain cell as Boon and BP. That's Australian sports fans in general. They all come out of the woodwork for a Grand Final.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Stop arguing. We don’t travel cos everywhere else is shit.
If everyone else can throw out total crap comments in here I might aswell just do the same.

Latest posts