What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
This certainly is a possibility. But we’ve heard all departing players have pledged their commitment to 22 in eels colours and attempt to break the drought. Also, I’d say it would cost us more to bring in sims and release one of our departing forwards early. Do we have cap the space?
You are right. Which would indicate it's a bullshit story.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If there's one word I would use to describe the Sims brothers, it would be "underwhelming".... For every "coming of age" or "breakout" performance you get from Tariq, he's pretty average for a dozen or so other games IMO
I wonder how he’d enjoy front loading his bald areas and chasing the collision???

Ive put the eels conundrum out onto the tigers lu forum and hoping our best and brightest will be quick with a 2022-2023 appraisal.

My love and respect for Ba’s 2021 season is noted.

Of all NRL coaches… and given the cattle at his disposal, new rules, the horror of it all, I think he had a vintage year. He may well get closer next year and beyond.

I will report back my findings for you all to smother and complain about.

Certainly Mary is a very interesting choice to assist. An intense fellow.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ive put the eels conundrum out onto the tigers lu forum and hoping our best and brightest will be quick with a 2022-2023 appraisal.

My love and respect for Ba’s 2021 season is noted.

Of all NRL coaches… and given the cattle at his disposal, new rules, the horror of it all, I think he had a vintage year. He may well get closer next year and beyond.

I will report back my findings for you all to smother and complain about.

Certainly Mary is a very interesting choice to assist. An intense fellow.
As an outsider, how did you rate our squad this year? Top eight? Top six? Higher?

Gronk

Staff member
Transfer news: Parramatta Eels interested in signing Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson for 2023

Interest between the Eels and Hodgson is genuine although no deal has yet been struck.

Well-placed sources claim Hodgson, 32, is Parramatta’s priority choice at hooker although the Eels are also considering Roosters hooker Sam Verrills, who is expected to leave Bondi after the club signed Melbourne’s Brandon Smith.

Hodgson has one-year remaining at Canberra and he and the club – at this stage - want that commitment fulfilled.

He will earn north of $800,000 for 2021 but will have to accept a heavy pay cut from 2023, possibly agreeing to a new deal worth about $400,000 a year. Parramatta’s offer would be expected to span two seasons.

Hodgson will be 33 years old during the 2023 season but is highly regarded by Parramatta’s coaching staff.

Verrills has a contract with the Roosters for next season and is expected to honour that deal. But with Smith arriving the following season, Verrills will consider moving on with several NRL clubs having already expressed an interest.

Parramatta also considered Api Koroisau before the Panthers grand final star last week signed with Wests Tigers from 2023.

The Eels are also looking at Canberra’s Bailey Simonsson as another signing. Simonsson, 23, has a contract for 2022 but could be granted an early release if both clubs can secure a financial resolution.

Exciting young hooker Sam Verrills is expected to leave the Roosters following Brandon Smith’s signing. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images

Exciting young hooker Sam Verrills is expected to leave the Roosters following Brandon Smith’s signing. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images
Canberra won’t allow Simonsson to leave unless the club can lure Nick Cotric back from Canterbury.

Cotric is being shopped around by the Bulldogs and will likely end up at either Canberra or Wests Tigers.

Parramatta, meanwhile, continue to talk with forwards Junior Paulo and Ryan Matterson, both off contract after next season.

Paulo is a priority although the club is also desperately hoping to retain Matterson. An incumbent NSW State of Origin prop, Paulo is also a target for NRL newcomers, the Dolphins.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bahaahahahahahaha Hodgson, he’s totally busted and well past it. We don’t keep our 23 year old future skipper but offer an old past it fossil a two year deal and in around 18 months time. f**k this club seriously, at least @Joshuatheeel will be happy.

Gronk

Staff member
Bahaahahahahahaha Hodgson, he’s totally busted and well past it. We don’t keep our 23 year old future skipper but offer an old past it fossil a two year deal and in around 18 months time. f**k this club seriously, at least @Joshuatheeel will be happy.
If true, he might have passed a medical and be healed.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Taking Hodgson over Verrills would be madness IMO. Hodgson is on the back 9 in his career while the best of Verrills is yet to come.
Potentially but it probably depends on how highly they rate the 3 rookies in the squad. If they think 1 of them is up to the NRL, Hodgson doesn’t block their path where as Verrills wouId.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What if we have an 18yo Cam Smith doing pre-season right now ? Wow ! If, true.
Lol what if we have the next Matt Keating??

Verrils and Robson are both pretty good and plenty of their best footy in front of them. Not Rheed good but decent replacements non the less, but Hodgson?? Is it 2019 again?? I hope this is BS I really do because if this has legs it just shows the people in charge have absolutely NFI at all.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If true, he might have passed a medical and be healed.
He’ll be f**king 33 when he gets here, are the Raiders going to wind back his speedometer before they hand him over??

You need speed from dummy half in the new game, we chase a bloke who’s completely passed it and has lost his legs. Lol.

He’ll be f**king 33 when he gets here, are the Raiders going to wind back his speedometer before they hand him over??

You need speed from dummy half in the new game, we chase a bloke who’s completely passed it and has lost his legs. Lol.

He was the hooker for the team that came 2nd in 2020, under the new rules. The bigger risk is injury.

EDIT: No forget that, I've got the wrong year. He's dead.

Latest posts