What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
Back to stadiums, has there been any indication when NSW govt will give a definitive decision on what its spending the money on?

Back to stadiums, has there been any indication when NSW govt will give a definitive decision on what its spending the money on?
Wouldn't it make more sense to build more trainlines and busways to the SFS, Parramatta Stadium and Stadium Australia?

If they can shave 20 minutes or more of travel time from the commute then that will do more to get people to games than throwing a coat of paint on suburban grounds that are a pain to access.

High speed rail and a subway is what Sydney and its outskirts need.

MugaB

Coach
Wouldn't it make more sense to build more trainlines and busways to the SFS, Parramatta Stadium and Stadium Australia?

If they can shave 20 minutes or more of travel time from the commute then that will do more to get people to games than throwing a coat of paint on suburban grounds that are a pain to access.

Geez you can talk shit, when was the last time you caught public transport in sydney? Nothing wrong with the transport here, easy to get to all stadiums barr Brookvale,

High speed railway is needed... please

horrie hastings

First Grade

The SFS is the easy one already, all trains lead to Central then jump on the light rail and its only 5 mins to the SFS and SCG and they also have the express buses running from Central also.

Geez you can talk shit, when was the last time you caught public transport in sydney? Nothing wrong with the transport here, easy to get to all stadiums barr Brookvale,

High speed railway is needed... please
I wish you lot would make up your mind!

All I ever hear from Sydney RL fans is that the reason crowds for RL games in Sydney are shit is because it's hard to get to games. They say it's much easier to get to Lang Park and Melbourne Rectangular Arena. For this reason we need a heap of clubs and stadiums throughout the city.

Your post confirms that the reasons given by Sydney RL fans for games in Sydney drawing shit crowds have no basis in reality. Thank you for proving that Sydney RL fans are liars with an agenda. I guess we don't need a new stadium in Penrith or an upgrade to Leichhardt, Brookvale, Endeavor, Kogarah or any other ground. Just have all teams play out of the SFS and Parramatta Stadium as it's so easy for people to get to them. Remember, you said so!

I guess there's no reason to have nine clubs throughout Sydney since it's so easy to get from Blacktown to the SFS, yeah?

Since we don't need nine teams in Sydney, due to it having such wonderful transport that makes it easy to get from Penrith to Parramatta Stadium, let's revoke some licences so we can get teams in Adelaide and Perth!

😛

Last edited:
The SFS is the easy one already, all trains lead to Central then jump on the light rail and its only 5 mins to the SFS and SCG and they also have the express buses running from Central also.
I just had a look at commuting times on Google Maps.

Hurstville to SFS is 48 min.

Manly to SFS is 1hr 12 min.

Cronulla to SFS 1hr 33 min.

Canterbury to SFS in 54 min.

Campbelltown to SFS in 1 hr 30 min.

North Sydney to SFS in 36 min.

Penrith to SFS in 2hr 21 min.

Parramatta to SFS in 1 hr 8 min.

So why aren't more teams based out of the SFS?

Manly, Roosters, Souths, Cronulla and St George could use the SFS as their home ground and their fans can get to games faster than a person travelling from Redcliffe to Lang Park, which takes 2 hr 6 min according to Google Maps.

Last edited:

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
I just had a look at commuting times on Google Maps.

Hurstville to SFS is 48 min.

Manly to SFS is 1hr 12 min.

Cronulla to SFS 1hr 33 min.

Canterbury to SFS in 54 min.

Campbelltown to SFS in 1 hr 30 min.

North Sydney to SFS in 36 min.

Penrith to SFS in 2hr 21 min.

Parramatta to SFS in 1 hr 8 min.

So why aren't more teams based out of the SFS?

Manly, Roosters, Souths Cronulla and St George could use the SFS as their home ground and get to games faster than a person travelling from Redcliffe to Lang Park, which takes 2 hr 6 min according to Google Maps.
The travel times anywhere in Sydney was one of a few reasons I've never regretted moving away.

If I went to a night game either league, union or AFL up there when I still lived at home, I wouldn't get back to the Shire until midnight.