What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Never been as happy to see
Norman leave the club...
A total fraud,never gave us the courteousy of a full effort, not once. A proper bludger.
I am very surprised that Hook gave Norman strong support and continued to select him even though he was a bludger and could not care a damn about the team or the club.

The Word

Juniors
Do we still have one spot left in our roster?

If so, do we have any salary cap left?

And if we do which position needs strengthening. I was thinking about this the other day. I feel like we have strength and depth. across the park, and I'm pretty happy with our likely 17.

thebigredv

First Grade

There's no denying we have a brilliant defensive hooker but the creativity and spark required to really compete is not there. It's only a matter of time until it becomes the elephant in the room.

When you consider how keen the current head of house were to move McIness on and also persist with broken players like Norman it's a cause for concern. Then we go and sign Mbye who won't set any one's world on fire and ignore the likes of Smith, Hodgson and Mahoney for the present or future...leaves me a bit bitter. Unless there's some plan for Sullivan or Amone or dare I say it, Hunt, to head to 9 I think it we will be heavily dented in our go forward like much of last year.

Good to keep a spot free in the squad these days with all the mid season movement that goes on.

possm

Coach
I'm of the opinion that starting with McCullough would take care of a lot of the heavy defensive work early on. Then move Hunt to 9 and bring on Sullivan at 7. In any game when this is not working out, switch Hunt and Sullivan.

We need to keep one eye on the current season and the other on future seasons, blooding Sloan, Amonne, and Sullivan has to be a top priority in 2022.

Mojo

Bench
I'm of the opinion that starting with McCullough would take care of a lot of the heavy defensive work early on. Then move Hunt to 9 and bring on Sullivan at 7. In any game when this is not working out, switch Hunt and Sullivan.

We need to keep one eye on the current season and the other on future seasons, blooding Sloan, Amonne, and Sullivan has to be a top priority in 2022.
Yes, I’m hearing you … we have to be realistic but this is the Saint George Rugby League club … how much longer are we going to be ‘rebuilding‘ instead of our top priority being winning the competition? We should be the best - every year - rather than hopeful this year that maybe we‘ll be competitive next year.

PS: re Hooker: I believe Connor Mulheisen is a talent. I’m hoping Hook is running with Macca to give Mulheisen a good plan to build for first grade. Hoping … because, if that’s not the plan, then I think we’re exposed in that position. Even if it is the plan there‘s still a big dose of hope involved.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Changing your spine mid game is Mary-era genius. It's hard enough forming combinations, let alone switching that up during a game.

Hunt either starts at halfback and stays there (almost a certainty) or starts at hooker and stays there. None of this chopping and changing
We need to have players playing in their rightful positions - a hooker plays hooker, a centre plays centre, a prop plays prop, etc and no chopping and changing. Stick to players in positions that they are best in and if injured, put some one in that has similar skills as the injured player.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
We need to have players playing in their rightful positions - a hooker plays hooker, a centre plays centre, a prop plays prop, etc and no chopping and changing. Stick to players in positions that they are best in and if injured, put some one in that has similar skills as the injured player.
Sorry DD, your post makes far too much sense for a St George Illawarra team! 😄

possm

Coach
I suppose it all depends on your point of view:
Is McCullough quick enough at dummy half?
Do we need a quicker dummy half?
Will Sullivan be happy playing reserve grade for most of 2022?
Will Hunt manage the game well each week?

Crush

Coach
I can confirm that this rumour is indeed true.
BTW Miller, is Hynes really a half?
I feel like he’s a fullback. You might have a problem with trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole I reckon there.
Another BTW, I saw MCInnes the other day at the Taren Point butcher, he looks immense!!! Bigger than Gallen was, similar build.

Latest posts