What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

ReddFelon

Juniors
SFS is coming along nicely. 42,000 capacity seems about right. Top of the line facilities, hoping South Sydney move there in 2024. Then it'll have Waratahs, Easts, Souths and Sydney FC as tenants which should keep it in a good state of use and repair as it'll be bringing in money.

After that it's the new Penrith stadium and I'm assuming upgrades to Brookvale and Kogarah. Then Rugby League will finally have predominantly top tier stadiums across the competition.

Hartwood

Juniors
SFS is coming along nicely. 42,000 capacity seems about right. Top of the line facilities, hoping South Sydney move there in 2024. Then it'll have Waratahs, Easts, Souths and Sydney FC as tenants which should keep it in a good state of use and repair as it'll be bringing in money.

After that it's the new Penrith stadium and I'm assuming upgrades to Brookvale and Kogarah. Then Rugby League will finally have predominantly top tier stadiums across the competition.
Hopefully a Tigers-Bulldogs stadium in Liverpool🤞 🤞

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
In a few years we could have a super Saturday with packed out new sfs, Parra and Penrith stadiums back to back to back. Weird to think about.

Jamberoo

Juniors
8000?

try 4000
they've drawn more then 8000 in Sydney about 5 times in 10 years & the same in Canberra
Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. GWS average is around 11k in both Sydney and Canberra (Manuka only holds 13k and most games there are sell outs). So the majority of their games have drawn over 8000 - probably 70+ games. Disappointing for the AFL I am sure, as they have not grown at all since year one (Canberra crowds growing, Sydney crowds falling), but around the same level as smaller Sydney RL clubs. Not good, but not a disaster.

ARL 97 was basically a second tier competition. Most of the game's best players signed with Super League. The 95 and 97 Origin squads were a second-string XIII without their regular stars, who were with Super League.
Peter Fitzsimons getting punched by the French guy is right up there
That was a very good moment. The bloke who belted him was an RL junior, so a statue should definitely be made in his image.
One of my favourite SFS moments.

I enjoy seeing the Broncos get beat. Thank you for posting, sir.

Just need to have NRL to be allowed to schedule games at right time, right teams, right place!
The only way I can see the SFS, Parramatta Stadium and Penrith Football Stadium packed out on the same night is if Foxtel uses a computer program to fill in the empty seats, which will probably take up at least 50 to 70% of the ground.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The only way I can see the SFS, Parramatta Stadium and Penrith Football Stadium packed out on the same night is if Foxtel uses a computer program to fill in the empty seats, which will probably take up at least 50 to 70% of the ground.
Be good to just concentrate on filling SFS occasionally. Smith when the original stadium deal was being negotiated tried to convince clubs to give up home games so the NRL could schedule and market blockbusters and double headers 's in the best time slots at a new SFS. Sadly the unambitious clubs couldn't see the opportunity and dug their heels in, but but but tribalism as they draw 12k crowds.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. GWS average is around 11k in both Sydney and Canberra (Manuka only holds 13k and most games there are sell outs). So the majority of their games have drawn over 8000 - probably 70+ games. Disappointing for the AFL I am sure, as they have not grown at all since year one (Canberra crowds growing, Sydney crowds falling), but around the same level as smaller Sydney RL clubs. Not good, but not a disaster.
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

what they claim their average to be & what it actually is , are planets apart.
They are the biggest crowd fudgers in not just Australian , but world sport. I live 5 minutes from Manuka oval , It holds 15K not 13
& I maintain my claim , my eyes are functional .. they'd barely average 4K in Sydney & not much more In Canberra

anyone who claims anything else needs to pop along to OPSM

Perth Red

Post Whore
Central Coast Stadium under review last year. losing up to $1.4mill a year. No news on what the review decided other than the council have put out to tender Stadium management and naming rights.

The report states the council’s aim is for the stadium to be recognised as a ‘Tier 2’ venue, with a capacity of between 20,000 and 40,000, improved corporate facilities and the ability to be the home ground for national sporting teams. The council has also set a target of hosting 40 major events per year and is keen to work with Destination NSW to help attract events.

The report identified a number of challenges for the stadium including limited food and beverage facilities, limited size of function space and a lack of parking.

Improvements identified for the stadium include refurbished corporate spaces, commercial kitchen facilities, a larger conference facility, new food and drink options, merchandise outlet, improved stadium Wi-Fi and new signage.

Last edited:

Rod Coil

Juniors
The 1987 GF was my favourite moment at SFS. I was there for both that & the Origin kick by O'Connor. Both great games & finishes.

Latest posts