What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
I said 50, dip shit!
You certainly don’t make the top million in literacy.

So my literacy is poor. That's been established on here already.
I can build a house, fix a car, grow my own food,cook. I learned other skills that others do not have

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
26th January will always exist. Landmark dates don’t have to commemorate historical events. Surely we’re all better served acknowledging the event and using the day to rebuild relations.

some people prefer division just because

I can imagine if it was decided to scrap it to hold it on another day, there would be an uproar from the right and no one will be able to agree on what other day to celebrate

its something that will never be agreed on imo

hindy111

Post Whore
26th January will always exist. Landmark dates don’t have to commemorate historical events. Surely we’re all better served acknowledging the event and using the day to rebuild relations.

some people prefer division just because

I can imagine if it was decided to scrap it to hold it on another day, there would be an uproar from the right and no one will be able to agree on what other day to celebrate

its something that will never be agreed on imo

I never celebrated it to begin with growing up. Was just a day off. Since the Cronula riots it felt to me like Aus day become more celebrated.

If it makes people happy to move it I understand that and also understand why it does upset many.

So why use it then? Pick another date that doesn't just happen to coincide with begining of grand larceny. You can acknowledge the January 26th/28th event without making it Australia Day. It's a bit rich having a bunch of non-indigenous people telling them how they should feel about this (granted, there are indigenous people who'd prefer that we stick with the date now). The fact that people say 'happy Australia day' tells you what you need to know about the amount of respect that many have for what went on.

Incorrect

Coach
Putting the date debate aside, I must say I love the Aboriginal flag... The simplicity of it yet the volumes it speaks about the land we inhabit is remarkable...

Latest posts