What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Wizardman

First Grade
But the club has gone from strength to strength under his management, he isn’t there for his footy smarts?
He was smart enough to hire Sheens for club recruitment and management, which so far has been good.
Off the field, we have been good....which is why Im cutting blokes a bit of slack. As you know, it is a frustrating business to follow our football club. Even growth signs are good enough for me at the moment.

But the club has gone from strength to strength under his management, he isn’t there for his footy smarts?
He was smart enough to hire Sheens for club recruitment and management, which so far has been good.
Surely the aim of any sporting organisation is to win games, he has failed at the major task. He hasn't built a culture or environment where players will succeed. Why do all the decent players see their future elsewhere. I cant forgive him for signing off on Mbye,Packer and Reynolds contracts. It cost us 5 seasons, and his ineptitude cost us a 700k cap fine.

stryker

First Grade
That was fun Phantom.
I called it last night that your big reveal was going to be nothing short of a big bag of dicks.
I win I guess…

BrotherJim05

Bench
I never have, and I don't think I ever will, understand how in the sweet f**k anyone can blame Pascoe for our on-field performances. If you look at everything he has done off-field then just that in itself is enough to warrant he is doing his job. At the end of the day, he is a businessman, not a footy expert. Appointing Sheens as our Head of Football was probably the best decision he has made so far in trying to resolve our on-field issues, and getting the COE built definitely won't hurt either.

That was fun Phantom.
I called it last night that your big reveal was going to be nothing short of a big bag of dicks.
I win I guess…

All you managed to achieve was verification of another grumpy start to the year.

If the LU goes subscriber, you’ve put your content price down to 15 cents a season.

Like the kid at the park who gets caught out and then takes his bat home so the other kids can’t play. I predicted that so brought a spare.

I like to think we are an inclusive and pretty friendly forum. Compared to others I visit, i can say that for certain. Misery loves company!

Besides, we’ve all indulged in commenting on broader observations of club issues flowing from bj statements. Even yourself!

Speaking of which, the truth about Hartigan’s sacking has never come to light. That’s pretty shadowy. I don’t have any insights as all into that. Like you said, it was sudden and unexpected. Make for a good investigation.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Speaking of which, the truth about Hartigan’s sacking has never come to light. That’s pretty shadowy. I don’t have any insights as all into that. Like you said, it was sudden and unexpected. Make for a good investigation.
I assumed he resigned, because they put Sheens above his position, which made it untenable for him to stay?
Are you suggesting something more sinister happened?

I assumed he resigned, because they put Sheens above his position, which made it untenable for him to stay?
Are you suggesting something more sinister happened?

Yes.

But I don’t have any evidence or insights.

Ironically, it was brother @stryker that raised my eyebrow as he emphasised the immediacy of the departure. It was one of his brighter observations, a biannual event, but I was drawn to its profoundness.

Tim’s role is different, Harto would have known about it months before his exit.

I don’t even know if Harto resigned, I think he was pushed.

The announcement was made straight after the decision of the Madge Royal Commission.

I think there is a connection.

But unlike the guessing game, I don’t have a reliable or even semi reliable inside source to rely upon.

And on the old ledger, as you know, I was very pro-Harto. He want perfect, but he was identifying and recruiting some bloody good players for cheap.

The failure of Madge and co to bring out optimum performances cannot be his fault. He delivered the meat and Madge had to cook it. It was still raw and underdone on game days and sometimes they forget to serve us with anything approaching edibility.

So if Harto was going ok why tap him on the shoulder?

Somethings rotten in the state of concord!

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
All you managed to achieve was verification of another grumpy start to the year.

If the LU goes subscriber, you’ve put your content price down to 15 cents a season.

Like the kid at the park who gets caught out and then takes his bat home so the other kids can’t play. I predicted that so brought a spare.

I like to think we are an inclusive and pretty friendly forum. Compared to others I visit, i can say that for certain. Misery loves company!

Besides, we’ve all indulged in commenting on broader observations of club issues flowing from bj statements. Even yourself!

LOL.
Mate, I don’t like guessing games.
The resultant info was boring.
Pretty much a non event.

He wasnt going ok. He had f**ked up a lot of signings recently.
He conducted a kangaroo court on Madge and somewhere within it, Maguire has out-manoeuvered him.
He was sacked, make no mistake about it.

The proposition that Harto conducted the Inquiry into Madge beggars belief.

The hearing was called for by the Board and The Executive.

Madge was given a show cause notice and when he appeared, at some point, garnered the numbers by sheer persuasion, influence and consideration was given to third party supporters.

The sacking of Harto would not have been caused by performance issues. At that time, we had only missed a few targets.

In fact, the deliverance of Hastings, Laurie and Stef et al at beer money rates, added a certain lustre to his standing and hence continued tenure.

The only logical reason he was sacked (to which I am in agreement with you) was on account of a malfeasance or very serious wrongdoing of which we know naught.

A reason bathed in fog and hidden from the masses. Noting that the announcement of his departure did not specify his alleged footy crime.

It was a whitewash and a going on which needs a proper airing.

I’m tired of the club thinking it’s the NRL version of CIA. Some things should be commercial confidence, but our ugly lot wouldn’t disclose what brand of petrol Pascoe puts in his Himalayan Soy Bean coloured Bentley or whatever he drives these days.

Everything relevant has to be leaked by a well meaning fan sympathising staff member. Someone hitting pension age or pissing off to the Dolphins.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
The proposition that Harto conducted the Inquiry into Madge beggars belief.

The hearing was called for by the Board and The Executive.

Madge was given a show cause notice and when he appeared, at some point, garnered the numbers by sheer persuasion, influence and consideration was given to third party supporters.

The sacking of Harto would not have been caused by performance issues. At that time, we had only missed a few targets.

In fact, the deliverance of Hastings, Laurie and Stef et al at beer money rates, added a certain lustre to his standing and hence continued tenure.

The only logical reason he was sacked (to which I am in agreement with you) was on account of a malfeasance or very serious wrongdoing of which we know naught.

A reason bathed in fog and hidden from the masses. Noting that the announcement of his departure did not specify his alleged footy crime.

It was a whitewash and a going on which needs a proper airing.

I’m tired of the club thinking it’s the NRL version of CIA. Some things should be commercial confidence, but our ugly lot wouldn’t disclose what brand of petrol Pascoe puts in his Himalayan Soy Bean coloured Bentley or whatever he drives these days. Anyway….

Why do we need to know?

Yeah I did and it all turned out to be nothing.
f**k Hartigan, we are doing better without him already.

Premature call.

You couldn’t say how far we were along the road with Paps and Api under the Harto regime. It’s not his fault, Madge couldn’t get our players to play football.

Last edited: