What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Fangs

Coach
Assistant coaches can find a way back.

Kearney currently at Melbourne. Kidwell at Parramatta. Both considered failures when taking on a head coaching gig.

Though if I were Ciraldo I too would wait it out. He definately doesn't want the Tigers job right now.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Is Ivan now in the $1 million a year bracket for coaches.

I guess he is.

Is there a cap for the coaching / administration staff , it was talked about, was it actually introduced. I thought it was but I could be wrong.

I guess Ivan staying on for the long term ultimately means no succession plan for Cameron Ciraldo. So he in the immediate future needs to find a gig for himself that will not be a death sentence, such as the Garth Brennan to the Titans. Ciraldo will need to be very smart about his first choice head coach appointment.

I think Cirakdi will do what hopefully Fitz did. Wait and until the right fit and job comes along, He seems to me to be the patient types.

Laurie is contracted for 2023, so there is still a fair bit of time before he hits the open market.

But, my take on him is that he went to the Tigers for the money, and the opportunity to play regular NRL.
But he's realised that playing in a shit team is highly detrimental to his development and future career aspirations. And he doesn't have the talent (or the desire) to drag the Tigers out of their hole on his own, so he's started kicking stones at training, and he's banking on his natural flair, and his existing highlight reel to get him a new gig.

His agent is also probably telling him that Madge will be gone by the end of the season, so let's see who the new coach is before doing anything.
Lots of WT fans want him gone; don’t think he puts in.

TBF; has looked disinterested this year.

Sime_11

Juniors
#5yearplan lol

Laurie should stick with WT - he wont get a starting FB gig elsewhere - should look to Edwards for advice - got dropped, came back a better player and is one of the most consistent FB's of the past couple seasons.

confirmed that Ciraldo not a succession plan - as others have said, does he want to be a FT coach?

Whino

Bench
Is the media release or media generally speculating on a figure of $1.1 million. I assume there are add ons and third parties given his marketability. He certainly deserves to be paid equal to some of the other big earners some of whom arguably deliver far less. David Fifita comes to mind given he is report-ably on $1.2 million which is astonishing.

Media speculation.
It does add though, he has ratchet clauses in his contract to ensure his pay goes up with the salary cap when the NRL finalises its 2023-2027.

Whino

Bench
#5yearplan lol

Laurie should stick with WT - he wont get a starting FB gig elsewhere - should look to Edwards for advice - got dropped, came back a better player and is one of the most consistent FB's of the past couple seasons.

confirmed that Ciraldo not a succession plan - as others have said, does he want to be a FT coach?

Bennett is after Ciraldo. Currently dangling a succession plan.

martielang

Bench
I actually don't think the Tigers job would be a bad one for Ciraldo.

Absolutely no expectation and I'd say he'd be able negotiate himself full control. Likely to take them off the bottom and almost anything would look like an improvement.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
The Roosters benefit...PMSL...of course they will!

That theory, idea what ever you want to call it, is the greatest amount of gobbly goop ever.

In reality isn't quite simple. You give each club who develops their own players, salary cap relief.

Whether it's a percentage or a physical number who cares. Clubs who spend big *like Penrith in developing juniors, should be rewarded for the money spent and the effort.

Latest posts