What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy related discussion

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm currently staring down the barrel of a walker.....(YUK YUK YUK) due to see local witch doctor next Tuesday. Walking these days has become an optional extra (that's getting more unobtainable by the day too. :eek:) I'd love to hear opinions of others about the best types, ones to avoid.......etc.

I am determined that if I have to get one, I will attempt to obtain a hot pink one. 🤣. Probably after seeing the witch doctor it will mean ex rays and scans to see what the right side of by body is attempting to do. Besides not working.....😂

Cuddled up to this is the possiblty of needing an aged care plan....(YUK DOUBLE YUL POO POO) 🤬.

So if I come across as being extra demented from now on, you know why. My kitchen cupboard is like a pharmacy too. 🥶

Now for a coffee and a panadeine forte.

The_Frog

First Grade
My kids have had COVID. None were vaxxed. Symptoms were mild to none. That’s all the proof that I need.
Our youngster had it too, right after Christmas. Made him sleep all afternoon and next day he was fine. We both caught it off him. It was before there was a vax for kids but he's had 2 jabs since.

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm currently staring down the barrel of a walker.....(YUK YUK YUK) due to see local witch doctor next Tuesday. Walking these days has become an optional extra (that's getting more unobtainable by the day too. :eek:) I'd love to hear opinions of others about the best types, ones to avoid.......etc.

I am determined that if I have to get one, I will attempt to obtain a hot pink one. 🤣. Probably after seeing the witch doctor it will mean ex rays and scans to see what the right side of by body is attempting to do. Besides not working.....😂

Cuddled up to this is the possiblty of needing an aged care plan....(YUK DOUBLE YUL POO POO) 🤬.

So if I come across as being extra demented from now on, you know why. My kitchen cupboard is like a pharmacy too. 🥶

I skipped the walker and straight into the chair. Probably should have had one for a few years before the chair, but denial stopped that. I'm a dumb f**k and just put up with occasional face plant into the concrete.

My advice would be to insist on trialing whatever you are considering for a few days minimum. Even if it costs a few bucks to hire it. I've learnt the hard way that a quick try in a showroom or at home doesn't translate to real world use. I would also consider trying a chair as well. As horrible as it was coming to the realisation that it was time, once I did it the weight off my shoulders was immense. It was the best thing I ever did. Of course it depends on how f**ked up you are, just do whatever gives you maximum mobility and the confidence to get out and about.

The_Frog

First Grade

Sounds really nasty. And you're not even all that old. Hopefully they can help you out.

Sorry to hear that Alice; sounds painful and very limiting. Best of luck with getting something that helps to keep you mobile.

ACTPanthers

Bench

Ahhh bugger - Sorry to hear about the pain - I understand completely how that can be.

All the best.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I skipped the walker and straight into the chair. Probably should have had one for a few years before the chair, but denial stopped that. I'm a dumb f**k and just put up with occasional face plant into the concrete.

My advice would be to insist on trialing whatever you are considering for a few days minimum. Even if it costs a few bucks to hire it. I've learnt the hard way that a quick try in a showroom or at home doesn't translate to real world use. I would also consider trying a chair as well. As horrible as it was coming to the realisation that it was time, once I did it the weight off my shoulders was immense. It was the best thing I ever did. Of course it depends on how f**ked up you are, just do whatever gives you maximum mobility and the confidence to get out and about.

Thanks for the advice. Because my issues are arthritis I'm (at this stage) better off with a walker....Yep I so agree that vanity (for me) is a big thing.

My thoughts were to hire a rolling walker (one with wheels) whilst I sort out the other stuff.

Am going to have a big chat with the witch doctor.

Just generally pissed off.....LOL 😂 But I'll get over it.....😂

BossleyPanther

Juniors

Try borax.

soc123_au

Staff member
Thanks for the advice. Because my issues are arthritis I'm (at this stage) better off with a walker....Yep I so agree that vanity (for me) is a big thing.

My thoughts were to hire a rolling walker (one with wheels) whilst I sort out the other stuff.

Am going to have a big chat with the witch doctor.

Just generally pissed off.....LOL 😂 But I'll get over it.....😂
NDIS or self funded?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Thanks for the advice everyone about Walkers. I've hired one which I have named Roger for a month.

If things go to plan, and it remains as helpful as it already is. I will buy a new red walker which I will name Annie.

The advice gave me a real good starting point when looking at walkers.

Jennifer.

Thanks for the advice everyone about Walkers. I've hired one which I have named Roger for a month.

If things go to plan, and it remains as helpful as it already is. I will buy a new red walker which I will name Annie.

Jennifer.
Great to hear Jennifer, glad it is helping.

Why Roger and Annie though? I thought maybe Tevita, because he is always walking.

Kilkenny

Coach

Jennifer.
Far be it from me to tell your business but if you haven’t already you should be going down the NDIS path. You shouldn’t need to pay for walkers etc out of your pension that is what the NDIS is for.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It's an age thing. I am too old for NDIS. I am in the process of getting a my aged care plan.

Kilkenny thanks for your kind suggestion.

BxTom

Bench

Jennifer.
Red? You racy devil you!!