What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett and the Bulldogs

Wizardman

First Grade
I was never in love with most of the buys the Dogs made last year. They basically bought quite a few loose units, a guy who is more of a centre than a 6 as well as one star (the unfortunate thing about him is he plays on the wing and cannot create). The only buy they have made which is actually giving them good value is Paul Vaughen.

That said, that roster should be going a hell of a lot better than they are at the moment. I can't help but feel a better coach would get a lot more out of them. Barrett has the lowest win percentage in the long history of the club. 10 rounds in, they are no better than what they were in round one. They lost to the 16th place team a few days ago. What will it take for them to let Barrett go?

Munky

Coach
How Barrett ever got a first grade gig in the first place is mind boggling, a second unbelievable.

Although he may have assisted in the ascension of Yeoweh. So there is some usefulness.

Dogs Of War

Coach
2 weeks of some of the worst footy I’ve ever seen. He has lost the playing group and just need anyone to take over now ti maybe get something out of this season before he ruins the whole playing group forever. Take Ferris with you. And Dufty

Dogs Of War

Coach
Players knew that he had to round 10 to prove himself and voted with there performances the last 2 weeks. Board will do what they have to. Or else dogs supporters will burn down belmore.

2 weeks of some of the worst footy I’ve ever seen. He has lost the playing group and just need anyone to take over now ti maybe get something out of this season before he ruins the whole playing group forever. Take Ferris with you. And Dufty

Are reports on Fox Sports that both Dufty and Vaughan will be off to the UK Super League at season's end.

Game_Breaker

Coach
5 wins from 34 games
What an atrocious record

Barrett isn’t a first grade coach. The team has gone backwards under him even with an improved roster
Dean Pay has a better record with a worse team