What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Wb1234

Referee
I think prioritising RL growth in WA is more important than allowing old Bears fans to indulge in their nostalgia. Reviving RL on the North Shore could have been done by not allowing the current situation to occur. The Bears should have had their territory reallocated to other teams, as was done to Newtown, and Manly, the Roosters, Tigers or whoever else received parts or all of the Bears’ territory would have had 20+ years to grow a following there. That can still be done, reviving RL on North Shore doesn’t require the Bears, it’s what Bears fans would prefer, but Sydney has ample RL resources to cover the North Shore without any involvement from the Bears.
Two birds with one stone

Steel Saints

Juniors
For the Bears it is the only way they will get the brand back in the NRL. There will never be another regional NSW team added and they know it. Now if they think they can start this way then one day move it back is another matter and why they can only ever have a small part of the ownership so they can never have those controlling decisions.
I disagree that its the only way back for the Bears. With Central Coast, you never say never. They could be the 19th or 20th team, or maybe a second division is brought in.

Like i said in my initial post on this thread, it is important that WA and the Bears have dialogue with the NRL about their respective futures either as stand alone or joining up.

Whilst its exciting to see Perth come in and the Bears brand returning all rolled into one, i still prefer they went separately.

If the Bears do get involved with Perth, they will want games at NSO. If you bring in another party to the table, they want something in return. Branding of the Bears is not enough.

Iamback

Coach
MugaB and siv will be very happy with you for finally seeing things from their perspective! 😜

In all seriousness, if this bullshit plan from the WA government goes ahead then they'll kill RL in Perth. It'll be Northern Eagles 2.0, except this time Bears will have the upper hand.

WA government funding this failed broke-arse club that doesn't even have an RL ground despite being around since 1908 won't go down well with Western Australians.

What happens when the idiot running WA is voted out for wasting tax payer's money on a Sydney club?

Will the next government continue to fund a Sydney team that is reluctantly playing 10 games in Perth because it's the only way they'll get in the NRL?

My guess is Western Australian tax payers, especially the ones who love fumbleball, will not have a bar of this and will vote for whoever says they'll can the idea. That will be enough to end the gravy train, which will give the Bears and ARLC a convenient excuse to relocate the club back to North Sydney.

What a load of shit this post is.

They will link with a QLD cup or NSW Cup team.

Iamback

Coach
What do North Sydney bring to any venture?

Nostalgia? And 2/3rds of f**k all

As is the WA govt is funding anything NRL?

The Bears are the Anthony Mundine of Clubs.

a pathway for the fringe/Juniors in Perth to play in a proper competition

Perth Red

Post Whore
a pathway for the fringe/Juniors in Perth to play in a proper competition
we could have that through our own teams and a link up with a nsw cup or qlnd cup team like Storm have done. What it does do is give us a reasonable quality funded one from day one with direct linkage and long term commitment. Its probably the only things this proposal actually offers WA tbf. Oh and floating that idiot Vlandys boat.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well to be fair he’s having to suck up to the bears and vlandys to get one

I’m loving it
I'm loving seeing you do the mother of all backflips from NZ2 being a shoe in and perth no chance a few days ago to this new position lol.

Wb1234

Referee
I'm loving seeing you do the mother of all backflips from NZ2 being a shoe in and perth no chance a few days ago to this new position lol.
If you had read my posts about nz you wouldn’t be saying that

I said it’s nz bid to lose.

Perth just stole it from them

what if all this a ploy to sell origin tickets ?

Iamback

Coach
we could have that through our own teams and a link up with a nsw cup or qlnd cup team like Storm have done. What it does do is give us a reasonable quality funded one from day one with direct linkage and long term commitment. Its probably the only things this proposal actually offers WA tbf. Oh and floating that idiot Vlandys boat.

The Storm run their own SG Ball and Jersey Flegg side
Have 2 x QLD cup teams with the junior sides that go with that

What sides are left to link with though?

That is why I get the Bid team reaching out to Bears. DT have just jumped to it being like a merger and people have swallowed it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you had read my posts about nz you wouldn’t be saying that

I said it’s nz bid to lose.

Perth just stole it from them

what if all this a ploy to sell origin tickets ?
That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest lol. I said a few weeks ago expect to see the usual Perth NRL expansion rumours start up around Origin ticket sale time. Happens whenever there is a game here.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Storm run their own SG Ball and Jersey Flegg side
Have 2 x QLD cup teams with the junior sides that go with that

What sides are left to link with though?

That is why I get the Bid team reaching out to Bears. DT have just jumped to it being like a merger and people have swallowed it.
tbf it doesnt sound like a bid team, it was the WA govt and to best of my knowledge they arent and wont be bidding for an NRL license lol. They might be part of a discussion going on though, I know Puddy has been in discussions for years with both the Bears and WA Govt about being ready to bid.
Sadly this expansion push used to be led by WARL but then the NRL strong armed them and closed them down and we no longer have an independent State body running the game and involved in pulling a bid together. Poor John Sackson has been hamstrung which is a great shame.

From 2018:

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade

Interesting bit was when he admitted that V’Landys pushed WA on to the Bears. Negative was that he was talking up ‘Bear Park’. There can’t be any games at NSO - like Leichhardt it’s just not good enough for top flight competition. Also it’s an oval - fine for Cricket but not for RL

Wb1234

Referee
Interesting bit was when he admitted that V’Landys pushed WA on to the Bears. Negative was that he was talking up ‘Bear Park’. There can’t be any games at NSO - like Leichhardt it’s just not good enough for top flight competition. Also it’s an oval - fine for Cricket but not for RL
If the bears don’t get any games at nso they won’t agree to it. They have to get something out of this proposal. One or two games a year is what they should get as a fair compromise

Manly vs the bears at nso is a must
Then maybe south’s as they would get a sell out too

origin this year is being played at an oval

reanimate

Bench
If the bears don’t get any games at nso they won’t agree to it. They have to get something out of this proposal. One or two games a year is what they should get as a fair compromise

Manly vs the bears at nso is a must
Then maybe south’s as they would get a sell out too

origin this year is being played at an oval
The Bears would get plenty out of this proposal without any home games in Sydney. They get to re-enter the NRL and they get to play in Sydney nearly every second week. That’s a big improvement on their current situation. Beggars can’t be choosers, and as the last 20+ years and multiple failed attempts to re-enter the comp have shown, the Bears are in no position to dictate terms.

If NSO was an oval on par with Optus Oval, then having an oval as their home ground would be fine. As it is, it’s shit as a RL ground from multiple angles- it’s an oval with awful viewing angles and it doesn’t have the facilities of quality ovals like Optus Oval. It’s an awful RL ground, plain and simple.

Wb1234

Referee
The Bears would get plenty out of this proposal without any home games in Sydney. They get to re-enter the NRL and they get to play in Sydney nearly every second week. That’s a big improvement on their current situation. Beggars can’t be choosers, and as the last 20+ years and multiple failed attempts to re-enter the comp have shown, the Bears are in no position to dictate terms.

If NSO was an oval on par with Optus Oval, then having an oval as their home ground would be fine. As it is, it’s shit as a RL ground from multiple angles- it’s an oval with awful viewing angles and it doesn’t have the facilities of quality ovals like Optus Oval. It’s an awful RL ground, plain and simple.
Have you ever been to the scg to watch a league game ?

kogarah is an oval too.

one or two games it’s not like it’s that big a deal. We play loads of nrl games in tiny grounds in Bathurst etc

thing is it’ll be packed and have a great atmosphere

bears vs manly will be amazing especially after what you guys did to them

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
North Sydney absolutely can not get a single home game. If a team wants to take their home game against them there for some cash go for it but there’s absolutely no timeline where people in WA are going to cop a split custody arrangement of any form with the East Coast.

Home game splits in this comp should be made extinct not more prominent. Small time garbage.

reanimate

Bench
Have you ever been to the scg to watch a league game ?

kogarah is an oval too.

one or two games it’s not like it’s that big a deal. We play loads of nrl games in tiny grounds in Bathurst etc

thing is it’ll be packed and have a great atmosphere

bears vs manly will be amazing especially after what you guys did to them
Yes, it’s average and NSO is worse with shit facilities. It deserves zero games. If it’s going to be packed due to the novelty of Manly vs Bears in Sydney, then take it to the SFS.

Wb1234

Referee
Yes, it’s average and NSO is worse with shit facilities. It deserves zero games. If it’s going to be packed due to the novelty of Manly vs Bears in Sydney, then take it to the SFS.
Sure manly can move it from Brookie then lmao

Latest posts