What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Birdy is a fascinating one.

I think he is a good player but not a SOO second rower

He is probably the only player I can remember that has had two full ACL recos and MCL PCL and made a successful return for a season and almost a half now which is amazing actually

The odds of him doing a 3rd ACL and career finishing is super high.......almost all second ACL recos do a third ACL in training

I am guessing that we must have put in a base plus games for the two years plus the third year option otherwise we are carrying a stack of $ that may not ever see the light of day in the future

No one else has jumped at Birdy at all.......not one other club has been mentioned except Tigers and they didnt stump up more $ let alone an offer?

Dragon David

First Grade
Seems to be talk of Flanagan taking over at the Dogs. I don’t know if there is much behind it.

I assume we have an employment contract with him, guessing he may have a get out clause. But would he really want the job with Gus hovering over him?

Anasta has high regard for Gould and while all know what Gould has said in the past is a furphy, he says that what has happened was going to - obvious to many people.

As I said in some previous post several weeks ago, if we were going for Flanno, we would have before extending Hook's contract. Could be announced that Flanno signed soon.

Dragon David

First Grade

He is probably the only player I can remember that has had two full ACL recos and MCL PCL and made a successful return for a season and almost a half now which is amazing actually

The odds of him doing a 3rd ACL and career finishing is super high.......almost all second ACL recos do a third ACL in training

I am guessing that we must have put in a base plus games for the two years plus the third year option otherwise we are carrying a stack of $ that may not ever see the light of day in the future

No one else has jumped at Birdy at all.......not one other club has been mentioned except Tigers and they didnt stump up more $ let alone an offer?
I'd say a good manager for him and us being suckers for further punishment if things go awry.

Bird is a goer no doubt as an edge player and can switch to 5/8th or centre if needed on a day when needed. I would hate to see the day that he would suffer a third acl injury, so here is hoping.

BLM01

First Grade

How cheap can we bring Vaughan back? Lol.

Doubt we will based on his previous behaviour but he would be a great forward off the bench.

Based on Lomax's Instagram posts, it looks like Vaughny still lives in the Gong and hangs out with the boys.
He lives at Shellcove or Shellharbour and hangs out with Dufty from the Dogs. But Zac lives there too as do a few others fom our club so chances they run into each other a bit!

I think he is a good player
Not according to his stats. He is not in the NRL Top 50 for try assists, Top 150 for metres gained, but is in Top 10 for missed tackles (Ben Hunt #1). His only redeeming feature is he just makes the Top 50 for line breaks.
So someone inform me why Griffin gave us three more years of him.

RedVee_8

Juniors
He lives at Shellcove or Shellharbour and hangs out with Dufty from the Dogs. But Zac lives there too as do a few others fom our club so chances they run into each other a bit!

and Barrett. I think that was the talk when Duft & Vaughn were signing to the dogs

mickeylane

Bench

I reckon Bird is a Smokey for origin or at least the training squad

mickeylane

Bench
Baden gone from the Dogs and maybe Hetherington next. Could Hetherington do a job for us ?Baden gone from the Dogs and maybe Hetherington next. Could Hetherington do a job for us ?
What’s the definition of madness ?
A team consisting of Heatheringtom, Rava, McGuire and Fuimaono - the suspension kings.. between them last year over 30 weeks in suspensions.. no thanks

thebigredv

First Grade
Baz would be good to get back to the club now that he is gone from the Dogs. Not as head coach but one to look after skills and juniors as per what he did at Penrith. He would surely be much better than what is there now as the attack is atrocious.

We need to change the way we think.

It's nice idea to have old players but what difference would Barrett make under a coach like Griffin.

There's no salary cap for coaches and success brings money.

Here's what we do:

Go all out for Trent Robinson as head coach so that we can pinch him for the 2024 season if not sooner. Only then will a winning feeling return to this abysmal excuse of a team.