What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WA BEARS

Colk

First Grade
he’s just trolling, or incredibly stupid, take your pick. youd have to be pretty dumb to judge the possible success or failure of a perth club in 2026 on what happened in 1997.

Considering also the population has increased by 40-50%, I fail to see how they wouldn’t be able to find enough support.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The dolphins weren’t brought in to attract people from east of Brisbane lol

nobody wants to support a fire hawk when they can support a dolphin. Redcliffe literally have the best logo in the nrl
it’s a bit sht I think, when I think dolphin I think miami, not Redcliffe lol.

Wb1234

Referee
Sorry but you’re wrong all ends up lol. pre covid year it was $23mill and $27.8mill.
There is no avg clubs get as it’s a variable grant system. If you want to take the avg and split it by number of teams then pre covid year it was $17.4mill avg.

afl is super smart, the reality is they aren’t paying anymore for the expansion clubs thatn if they gave every club $17.4mill.
the other clubs that can afford to receive less in their grants are. That’s some clever management sht right there!
So taking ten million from the west coast eagles to give to gws is a good idea is it ?

did you ever study any economics at all

Perth Red

Post Whore
Considering also the population has increased by 40-50%, I fail to see how they wouldn’t be able to find enough support.
It’s gone up 70% since 1997! 1.3 mill to 2.2 mill. And a lot more to come over next decade.

Colk

First Grade
So taking ten million from the west coast eagles to give to gws is a good idea is it ?

It’s analogous to a progressive tax system which is a fairly significant aspect of modern economics. If you are wealthier, you pay a higher percentage of tax because you can afford it and less if you can’t.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Yeh it’s a great idea for the afl, not so much for the wc eagles lol. But they make a sht load of mOney so don’t really miss the $5mill reduction from the grant avg.

Wb1234

Referee
It’s analogous to a progressive tax system which is a fairly significant aspect of modern economics. If you are wealthier, you pay a higher percentage of tax because you can afford it and less if you can’t.
So you think the eagles getting 9 million whilst the giants and suns get 28 million makes sense ?

the club with fans is keeping the clubs without fans alive. That’s clearly a misallocation of resources

the giants and suns should be allowed to die if they don’t have enough fans to support them not be artificially kept alive by the afl hoping they will work one day

Perth Red

Post Whore
If Dolphins were introduced because Moreton Bay and Sunshine Coast is a growing region with almost 800k people between them then their admission has nothing to do with combating fumbleball.

How are The Dolphins going to combat the Lions when they're based over 40 km away?

Firehawks would have been better placed to send players to schools in eastern Brisbane and Logan to get kids thinking only about rugby league as they have junior clubs in the region. Local juniors could play for their subdistrict Tigers club then represent Easts Juniors, Easts Tigers, Brisbane Tigers and Brisbane Firehawks. Dolphins won't be able to do that, so there's no reason for kids in eastern Brisbane and Logan to choose the Dolphins over fumbleball.

Dolphins are going to struggle to win over mass support in eastern Brisbane, Redlands and Logan as they're not the local team. Easts Tigers represent eastern Brisbane and Logan and, Wynnum Manly represent Redlands.
News ltd didn’t want them even though they were a much better option for a genuine brisbane2 club.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you think the eagles getting 9 million whilst the giants and suns get 28 million makes sense ?

the club with fans is keeping the clubs without fans alive. That’s clearly a misallocation of resources

the giants and suns should be allowed to die if they don’t have enough fans to support them not be artificially kept alive by the afl hoping they will work one day
That’s not how you grow new markets for your business lol. Not sure where your figures are from but pre covid eagles got $12.6mill and giants got $25.5 and suns $27.8mill.
yes I think it’s fricking genius! Clubs that don’t need the money don’t get it and the afl gets to invest in long term new markets at no real cost to them.
at the moment et we give the same to broncos and that goes as profit to the shareholders as we give to Cronulla who are limping along in poor facilities with no money to invest in their growth adn sustainability. I know which system I prefer.
not to mention afl sold the ninth game for $52mill a year. If it doesn’t have those two clubs it doesn’t have a ninth game to sell.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You haven’t heard of the knights ? Or the dragons ? The only major regional area without a team is Gosford
Lol so what point are you arguing when you mention regional nsw? You’ve just made it sound like Perths population should have more than one club lol.

Wb1234

Referee
That’s not how you grow new markets for your business lol. Not sure where your figures are from but pre covid eagles got $12.6mill and giants got $25.5 and suns $27.8mill.
yes I think it’s fricking genius! Clubs that don’t need the money don’t get it and the afl gets to invest in long term new markets at no real cost to them.
at the moment et we give the same to broncos and that goes as profit to the shareholders as we give to Cronulla who are limping along in poor facilities with no money to invest in their growth adn sustainability. I know which system I prefer.
not to mention afl sold the ninth game for $52mill a year. If it doesn’t have those two clubs it doesn’t have a ninth game to sell.
Judging by that logic I think it’s best none of us trust your assurances about a Perth nrl team

you think the broncos would take ten million less from the nrl so Perth could get an extra ten million lmao

jim_57

Staff member
I think there should be a side in the south of Brisbane - I probably would have picked them first due to the idea of a rivalry with the Broncos and to combat the AFL; nevertheless the Dolphins can work.

The logo and marketing for the Easts bid was abysmal though. If they just named themselves the Raptors or the Hawks for instance, they would have been a lot better served

It probably won’t be team 18 but 19 or 20 there is a good chance the NRL will look at SEQ again. In which case South & West are the obvious target areas.

Brisbane Hornets (The Jet variety) - Easts & Ipswich merged bid, Bombers too I guess if they’re still interested.

Wb1234

Referee
Lol so what point are you arguing when you mention regional nsw? You’ve just made it sound like Perths population should have more than one club lol.
Your comparing a rusted on rugby league state with a rusted on afl state that’s the problem

even if Perth population grows to 5 million it will only be able to support one club (at best, fingers crossed)

whereas as beisbane grows it can support more clubs

we all really hope Perth can come up with a financially viable rugby league team

they wouldn’t get support this time for a super league every other club is happy with the arlc

Perth Red

Post Whore
N
Judging by that logic I think it’s best none of us trust your assurances about a Perth nrl team

you think the broncos would take ten million less from the nrl so Perth could get an extra ten million lmao
No not for a minute, but then afl runs it’s game, not the clubs like nrl. Like I said it management genius, expand and get the rich clubs to pay for it so it isn’t really costing you anything. Even Vlandys couldn’t pull that off lol

you didn’t answer the question about the tv content if they didn’t have these clubs.

Latest posts