What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
I'm no expert, but I'm wondering out loud if the Warriors found out that Lodge is not eligible for NZ visa as a tax resident in 2023 because of his criminal record and oops they failed to carry out the appropriate due diligence. Lodge got paid out for this season and next because of a Warriors mea culpa.

Anyway I am not against signing a Sydney based Lodge under the right circumstances. No long term deals so he'll need to back himself and not treat us as a retirement village like he would say at the Dogs or Tigers.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm no expert, but I'm wondering out loud if the Warriors found out that Lodge is not eligible for NZ visa as a tax resident in 2023 because of his criminal record and oops they failed to carry out the appropriate due diligence. Lodge got paid out for this season and next because of a Warriors mea culpa.

Anyway I am not against signing a Sydney based Lodge under the right circumstances. No long term deals so he'll need to back himself and not treat us as a retirement village like he would say at the Dogs or Tigers.

f**k no!
Firstly he’s a 4 letter merkin.
Secondly RCG/Junior are 10 times better.
Thirdly Lodge is a lazy f**k.
Fourthly he’s a merkin.

Gronk

Staff member
Firstly Lodge is a POS merkin who shouldn’t be allowed in the NRL, secondly with the new Rules he’s a bit of a sloth and we are already paying our two starting front rowers big money.
He's been paid out in full for 2023, so there is an opportunity for a team to get him cheap on a two year deal. Agree that I would never pay him $700k, but we need a benchie to replace Oregon and I'm not sure that Emu is that guy.

SneakyEel

Juniors
I don't think we'll regress at all next year. Next year I reckon we'll field a side similar to this
1. Gutherson
2.Sivo
3.Blake
4.Penisini
5.Simonsson/Russell
6.D.Brown
7.Moses
8.RCG
9.Hodgson
10.Paulo
11.Lane
12.Cartwright
13.Matterson
14.N.Brown
15.Makatoka
16.Rodwell
17.Hopgood
Still a pretty good side, should be competing for the 4. These young guys will add some excitement to our pack. Already looking forward to seeing Hopgood play.

hindy111

Post Whore

Don't sell yourself short. I think you could be an expert.