What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 12 vs South Sydney @ Accor Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park

Who will win? Round 12: South Sydney v Wests Tigers

• South Sydney Rabbitohs 13+

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs 1-12

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fordy20

Juniors
Forwards weren't great but it wasn't helped by Sutton. Gonna make sure I add the +13 against the Tigers for any multi whenever a Sutton is reffing us for the rest of the season.

Veracity14

Juniors
That’s how you treat a merged entity with supporters too weak & cowardly to stand against Murdoch, I have no respect for merged, bastardised clubs

WT Unity

Juniors
That’s how you treat a merged entity with supporters too weak & cowardly to stand against Murdoch, I have no respect for merged, bastardised clubs
I hope you're travelling ok too buddy...
Got any kids, any family?
Go hug one of them...Or someone
Good Luck with your life!

gordsy

Juniors
I will say one thing for Madge, I feel sorry for him that the press hate him more than other shit coaches. Hammering him for his we can win every game comment is geniused. What do you expect him to say, we suck donkey balls and will be lucky to win 10 games this year ???

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
It seems like some of the guys leaving have put the que in the rack? Some pleasing signs in the first half, but with limited possession and them basically camped in our half all game, we ran out of steam.
But in the end, we just weren't good enough.

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
The second half was a different game. They were consistently up, in numbers, on top of the first receiver, suspiciously fast. Whereas the tigers were on their heels in defense. You could see the difference in intensity, once they got a roll on their momentum was unstoppable, that forced errors from the tigers out of desperation. Having all our injured players back wouldn’t have changed that but a player like Papalii has the ability to both make and break momentum, as long as the money doesn’t claim his spirit. It’s a shame that the departing Luch has the same potential but seems to have lost the will to even fall on a loose ball near his own line. It was at least good to see most of the team still had their heart in it despite being caught in a landslide.

Tigerm

First Grade
The second half was a different game. They were consistently up, in numbers, on top of the first receiver, suspiciously fast. Whereas the tigers were on their heels in defense. You could see the difference in intensity, once they got a roll on their momentum was unstoppable, that forced errors from the tigers out of desperation. Having all our injured players back wouldn’t have changed that but a player like Papalii has the ability to both make and break momentum, as long as the money doesn’t claim his spirit. It’s a shame that the departing Luch has the same potential but seems to have lost the will to even fall on a loose ball near his own line. It was at least good to see most of the team still had their heart in it despite being caught in a landslide.
It’s funny (not haha funny) when a team gets on top,there forwards look twice as big as the team getting beat?
I think we have some good forwards an certainly some coming, but it seems to me, we are still missing that beast type player, I thought we had one in Musgrove, but not last night?
Anyone think Lodge might be an answer?

Phil Gould

Juniors
It’s funny (not haha funny) when a team gets on top,there forwards look twice as big as the team getting beat?
I think we have some good forwards an certainly some coming, but it seems to me, we are still missing that beast type player, I thought we had one in Musgrove, but not last night?
Tigers are missing a bit of mongrel. I was hoping Joe Leilua was the one for that, such a shame. Tigers need a bit of mongrel but on the other hand I’m glad they aren’t a pack of grubs. The raiders have a good pack without the grub factor.

WA Tiger

Bench
I will say one thing for Madge, I feel sorry for him that the press hate him more than other shit coaches. Hammering him for his we can win every game comment is geniused. What do you expect him to say, we suck donkey balls and will be lucky to win 10 games this year ???
No coz we already knew that.

At least what he did say shows that Madge knows, and now we know, that the minimum KPI for him to keep his job, is to get into the 8. In the past he has never said “we will get into the 8” He would ramble on about how every things going ok, and we just need a bit more time..

Last edited:
The WT don't handle adversity well when things go against them and full credit to Souths for taking their opportunities, but seriously I wonder if the ref and bunker ever come away from a game and thin " I had absolutely no influence on the development or out come of that game".

Tiger Ted

Bench
No coz we already knew that.

At least what he did say shows that Madge knows, and now we know that the minimum KPI for him to keep his job is to get into the 8. In the past he has never said “we will get into the 8” He would ramble on about how every things going ok and we just need a bit more time..
Based on that then Maguire should b cleaning his desk & exiting Concord on sept 5th.He’s extremely lucky to have not been sacked after the bulldogs debacle last yr.Whether u like Madge or not his tenure has been an abject failure.

Fordy20

Juniors

I don’t know if Lodge is the answer, but we certainly need some mongrel, some one who is going to put the hurt on. Madge sees it too, that’s why we were chasing Jack Hetherington.

It seems like some of the guys leaving have put the que in the rack? Some pleasing signs in the first half, but with limited possession and them basically camped in our half all game, we ran out of steam.
But in the end, we just weren't good enough.
Tigers, I’d also add that I think Hastings was not 100% and in turn, Brooks didn’t step up and help him. That’s up until 10 into the 2nd half, good start etc but South’s just looked more likely to me.

I switched it off and watched a bit of the A League and heaven forbids even watched the union, great to see a big crowd at Leichhardt get behind the home team, if only…..

gordsy

Juniors
Madge may have been a failure but does the club really see us turning things around quickly with a new coach? I don't like him but apart from Wolf and Flanno who else is available ?

WA Tiger

Bench
Hopefully we get Flanagan before the bulldogs…The loss of that crucial game against south’s, with a solid team, and the manner of the loss may luckily speed Madges exit, and if the board have courage, it could mean we don’t miss out on Flanagan? Don’t be surprised if things are fast tracked.. The killer for Madge with that game is that we won the first half convincingly, then we got smashed (does that ring a bell?) …That’s mental. That’s the coach..There’s plenty of time over the next 2 weeks with no game, for the board etc to get down and dirty,pull a few strings and make something happen

Last edited:

Latest posts