What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
Deadset, the Panthers boys in the backs, Leota and Leniu up front. Jayd'n Sua, Junior Paulo. They'd go real well.

Unfortunately we'll see Aus and NZ take all the great Samoan players, and then leave them on the bench for the important games. :mad:

This is true. They really need to get payment for the smaller nations

Iamback

Coach
While watching the New York Rangers bury another team. Now in the last 4.

Rangers last won in 1994
Oliers last won in 1990.

Of course us last year
AFL drought broken

NBA and NFL have had new teams winning

Really is a purple patch for underdogs in Sport right now... Long let it continue

I’m not sure why Edwards wasn’t picked for Origin?

Instead they choose a person who makes racial slurs and taunts to strangers.

Someone who said “ don’t you know who I am?”

Join me in death riding this walking piece of human waste and fight the good fight for Dylan

Get behind your local Phantom and let’s give it to this entitled dark monster.

For all the smuggy defects, be proud that racism is not one.

West is Best.

snickers007

Juniors
While watching the New York Rangers bury another team. Now in the last 4.

Rangers last won in 1994
Oliers last won in 1990.

I was a Whalers fan until the moved the franchise to Carolina and became the Hurricanes. Now I'm a long suffering Buffalo Sabres fan - so I can get behind the underdog movement.

But back to the Rangers v Canes - I got a message from a mate at the end of the 2nd period - and it basically said, if there was ever a time to pull the old Mighty Ducks trick and switch uniforms to spur on a comeback it was today. Alas, the whale slept. 😿

Iamback

Coach
I was a Whalers fan until the moved the franchise to Carolina and became the Hurricanes. Now I'm a long suffering Buffalo Sabres fan - so I can get behind the underdog movement.

But back to the Rangers v Canes - I got a message from a mate at the end of the 2nd period - and it basically said, if there was ever a time to pull the old Mighty Ducks trick and switch uniforms to spur on a comeback it was today. Alas, the whale slept. 😿

Took the Bucks 40 years to win. Rams 70 years to win...so it is coming for the Sabres in between 1-30 years

It was good for me. Finally a blow out

soc123_au

Staff member
I’m not sure why Edwards wasn’t picked for Origin?

Instead they choose a person who makes racial slurs and taunts to strangers.

Someone who said “ don’t you know who I am?”

Join me in death riding this walking piece of human waste and fight the good fight for Dylan

Get behind your local Phantom and let’s give it to this entitled dark monster.

For all the smuggy defects, be proud that racism is not one.

West is Best.
I love Edwards, but he will never get picked for NSW.

Teddy is a dickhead, but he will be captain for at least the next 2 or 3 years barring injury.

Kilkenny

Coach
I love Edwards, but he will never get picked for NSW.

Teddy is a dickhead, but he will be captain for at least the next 2 or 3 years barring injury.
I would be interesting if Teddy was unavailable for Game 2 along with Latrell and Tommy T. Who would Freddy opt for?

soc123_au

Staff member
Possibly, Dylan would have to in discussions his form is second to none.
I'd go Dyl over Gutho personally. I'm just saying what would happen. Popular opinion driven by the media plays a part in selections, along with politics. For example if Bozo wasn't swimming in the gravel, Jake Turbo would be in the squad I have no doubt. Fortunately we are now past the period of having plodders from Manly being a walk up start in rep teams. If their players get picked, it will be on merit as it should be.

I'd say we need to wait for Joey to kick off or lose influence to end the mandatory Knights selections.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think there are some concerning issues with the balance of the Blues side. Winning game 1 at home is a must if there are to win the series. The Queensland side to me looks pretty good and I think the series is a 50-50 call.

I think there are some concerning issues with the balance of the Blues side. Winning game 1 at home is a must if there are to win the series. The Queensland side to me looks pretty good and I think the series is a 50-50 call.
If Paulo and Haas can consistently poke their noses through, we win. If they get dominated we lose.

Iamback

Coach

Huge concern.

I was fine with Sims playing due to rookie centres. Then Wighton goes centre

JAC dropped for being short. Pick To'o which is fine with Crichton next to him for kicks... yet play a short centre

The picks Crichton as utility over Hynes

Shocking team

Agree but what changes would you make?
I personally think the team is pretty good. Other than swapping Critta for Jack in the starting side I am happy.
- bench is really good. I have made a case for Spencer (and think he would do a great job) but can’t argue against RCG who is also impactful off the bench and has shown he can play longer minutes. Matterson and Martin are two of the form forwards and can play a combination of anywhere from front row to lock.
- with Critta there, some strike in the centres (particularly with Staggs). Get the right hand side some early ball and let Staggs go to work.
- the wingers are a bit boring but will do the field position job well. The QLD wingers are bigger than Brian, but lots of wingers are and we don’t see a huge amount of tries from bombs over him.
- nothing needs to be said about the halves; compliment each other perfectly and so in sync. Luai in great form; Cleary has been struggling a bit (interesting he did the whole ‘when not in great form, run yourself back into’ thing on Friday. ) But even a 6/10 Nath is a must have for NSW.
- pack is really good. Best two front rowers they could have picked, Yeo is a match winner, and Murray needs to be there somewhere. Sims is playing terribly at the moment so he will need to lift, but if he can bring the aggression he did last year that is 90% of what Freddy wants from him. Is Cook better that Api? Maybe not, but he tackles well, gets out of dummy half when he can and has been there for a while. And Api was never going to be selected after his nocturnal escapades last year.

As I said above, if the front rowers can get on top we win this.

Kilkenny

Coach
If Paulo and Haas can consistently poke their noses through, we win. If they get dominated we lose.
I personally think it will be decided by the halves.

Our combination versus Munster and Cherry Evans. who ever performs better over the three games will win the series.

Kilkenny

Coach
Tedesco
JAC
Staggs
Crichton
To'o
Luai
Cleary
Paulo
Cook
Haas
Murray
Crichton
Yeo

Wighton
RCG
Kolomatangi
Matterson

The balance is right.
Sims is terrible
Wighton isn't a centre
I wouldn’t have Kolomatangi but can’t argue with the rest.

Latest posts