What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More of the same please

We need more retired players not only to join the cops, but other professions like accountants, lawyers and teachers. Professions with influence.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
We need more retired players not only to join the cops, but other professions like accountants, lawyers and teachers. Professions with influence.
Problem is most people who become accountants & lawyers follow the dark side.

I dated a girl from South Africa a decade ago who was into accounting and she was all union.

Which is why we'll never see RL players being accountants, lawyers etc. Most people who get into those professions come from the wealthy set that mainly follows union.
If they start studying why they are playing there is nothing to stop them becoming accountants, lawyers etc, when they finish playing providing they pass their exams

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
The student bar at the University of NSW ( The Roundhouse ) got a good turn-out for SOO 1 and my League mad medicine student son watched it with about a dozen other students on their on-campus residential college TV. He tells me that a lot of them were Queenslanders though.
I`ll swear his love of Rugby League helped get him into that University course which has so many applications that they hold interviews to determine who gets in. When he told the three people interviewing him of his passion for League their eyes lit up and I reckon it was the prospect of having a League loving country kid, so different from most of the types that apply, that got him over the line.
Not sure whether it was a coincidence or not, but his first year placement was at St. George hospital, that`s the club he told them he supports. I told him I just want him to be the Kangaroo team doctor.

Dark Corner

Juniors
If Rugby League was played in inner city schools like London etc I'm sure it be a success or have they ?