What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
It is when every coach is doing this stuff. If you come up against a stronger team and they play their best you will lose. That's just a fact. If they don't play their best you might win but it's just luck whether they play their best or not. You can only control your own performances and ours have been good.
Ok so if we play our best and Penrith/Melbourne play their best what are our chances?

Are we using suprise tactics or the same game plan? See I'd up the risk factors when play these guys. Push a few more offloads.
Against Storm you meed to slow the game right down. They love getting into a fast game. Kick for touch,fake injuries,talk to reff. You don't want them to roll.
Penriths a bit different. They love the grind so the key is to just hang with them aslong as you can. Means playing our normal game but offloads are key against them.

There are also trick plays we could use. Kick early in attacking the line etc.

TheRam

Coach
Do you think Twal would be regularly playing NRL for us when we are full strength? I don't.

Wests are really caning it with our juniors.

Hahaha...

Do you seriously think that Makatoa or Kaufusi are better players then him and would be in front of him in our pecking order?

If you do, then you are even a worse judge of player pedigree then I thought or even, dare I say it, El Plodder-Pou.

TheRam

Coach
Have you considered we just refused to pay him as much as the Tigers? Why else would players go there if not driven by money?

Did you read my whole post. Selectively picking quotes and ignoring the whole context for what is actually being said is typical pou scoring.

We need to be better and all your excuses mean jack sh*t to the reality that we are missing out on many juniors coming through our system to other clubs or not being noticed at all.

We suck as a development club of players in our own nursery.

TheRam

Coach
There isna runour Cirlado is hanging out for Parra job. Make it happen now. We must move soon.

Yeah I just heard them say that on the 9 Sunday footy show. I really hope that this is true. Aslo that Michael Chammas bloke made a great point and said that we should tap BA on the shoulder and offer him to the Tigers if they want him and then we can go for Ciraldo. That would be awesome if we did that. Great outcome for both clubs.

BA's tenure here is numbered if he can't get us to the GF this year.

TheRam

Coach
Are you suggesting that Ciraldo is a lock in to get us to the next level and into a GF?
Cool, do you have next weeks Powerball numbers too?

Yes but you ain't getting them di*k face.

Ciraldo gets them as part of his package deal to coach the mighty blue and gold. No free lunches, especially for oxygen sucking lumps like you.

No exceptions!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Given the manner in which Ciraldo has been talked up as being the next great NRL coach in waiting and that he is holding out for the right opportunity, I think, IMO BA would perceive Ciraldo to be a direct threat to his position. None of the assistants he's had for any length of time have had eyes on the top job or been talked up as future head coaches. The closest we had was when Potter was at the club but he was moved on pretty quickly. McGregor's days as a head coach seem numbered so no threat from him in the current set up. When DA was brought back to the club as head of football or whatever that title was, it's no secret BA and DA's relationship was strained. BA's longest serving asistants have been hobo's like Murphy and Kidwell, bloke's that no other NRL team would promote to a head coaching role in a million years and I think that's the way BA likes it...
You don't want merkins who aren't happy to do the job they've been paid to do.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Did you read my whole post.
Honestly, they're usually too long and not worth the squeeze.
Selectively picking quotes and ignoring the whole context for what is actually being said is typical pou scoring.
In the case of that one context is irrelevant. Losing players to desperate clubs is a fact of life. It's also happened to Penrith. It's not a sign of failure, it's just how the market works. Merkins can leave Parra for Wests or Canterbury and they don't even need to move house.

hindy111

Post Whore
Nah we should sack him now so premiership winner Maguire can take over for the rest of the season.

If BA was smart he would listen to TIGERS. If they come up and offered a 5yr deal then take it.
His days are numbered here mate. Unless he wins the title. And if he goes backwards in 2023 he may be unwanted.
A long deal with Tigers amd he moves on for 2023 and we capture Ciraldo would be perfect.

84 Baby

Referee
Because BA would be nervously terrified of the knife with his name on it.
What makes you think the club, after the way they’ve conducted business for many years, would all of a sudden knife him? He may get tap on shoulder but it’ll be incredibly unlikely his contract is cut short.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The problem is we need at least 3 or 4 of those days on consecutive weekends at the end of the season and he hasn't been able to do it at all.
How do you know he hasn't been able to do it? If you flip a coin two or three times and it comes up heads each time do you say there's something wrong with the coin?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Are we using suprise tactics or the same game plan? See I'd up the risk factors when play these guys. Push a few more offloads.
Against Storm you meed to slow the game right down. They love getting into a fast game. Kick for touch,fake injuries,talk to reff. You don't want them to roll.
Penriths a bit different. They love the grind so the key is to just hang with them aslong as you can. Means playing our normal game but offloads are key against them.

There are also trick plays we could use. Kick early in attacking the line etc.
And bomb that useless Edwards merkin, which always pays off for us. They have the best defence for a reason, so no kind of play is going to reliably score against them. Taking risks is what they want you to do because you'll turn over the ball and then they dominate possession.

Against Penrith you just have to stay in the grind and hope you're ahead on the scoreboard after 80 minutes. We can do it sometimes, which is the best you can ask for. There's no magic cheat code that lets you win every time.