What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

And there are others too. I know Alex Twal doesn't get a look in for most peoples best players teams, but this guy is so good and a stalwart type of player for any team. He makes his customary 100m+ a game and has almost a 100% tackle efficiency rate. Not bad for a man that is in the boiler room and doing the hardest job in the game. Again it wasn't like he wasn't quality in the lower grades, I used to watch him back then and think he was going to be a quality first grader at the very least. But we obviously didn't grade him fast enough or love him enough to stay with his junior club.

Like many experts keep telling us, keeping the best juniors coming through your system is imperative for long term success and the best way to do that is to have the right people in place that show real love and appreciation and mentoring to these kids to the point that they wouldn't dream about leaving their beloved junior club and would stay even if there are some bigger offers around, because they love the club and the people in it and what we stand for. They would also know their value and by knowing that they would also know that the big money will eventually come if they stayed anyway. So there is no need to rush and leave this great system and talented coaching staff that know how to look after them and get them ready for the NRL.

Is it hard keeping all your best juniors? Yeah sure, but it is even harder when you don't have the best people around them to make it easier for the players to tell their managers and family members that they love OUR club and want to stay and play with us and win premierships here, with their childhood mates which would make it all the more sweeter.

Do you think Twal would be regularly playing NRL for us when we are full strength? I don't.

Wests are really caning it with our juniors.

hindy111

Post Whore
We had to go for Turava @TheRam remember when I called this. Could of snapped him up for 250k. Huge future this one.
Since we developed Hayne back in 2006 which is 16yrs ago since we've developed an NRL LEVEL fullback Penrith have produced Edwards,Moylan,Dane Laurie and now Turava. Cirghton would also be a great fullback.

We are not developing enough.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I can understand a powerhouse like Penrith losing some juniors as produce so many and are successful. But we've produced f**k all in 10yrs and still seem to of lost many of the good ones.

How Schuster fell thru the net also amazes me and that Okualatu. Throw in Trey and Stephano and we can see 4 potential stars of the game missed.
But we do have JA wrapped up and Haze Dunster......
We're ahead of all the clubs those players are now at.

hindy111

Post Whore
Would you prefer if the Panthers and Storm beat us instead? These games are outliers. What matters is how many games you win, not who they're against. Then you get into the finals and hope for some luck.

It's all just luck. Tactics,skill, motivation there all the sam3 across al finalists. It's just about luck.

We wait for finals then cross our fingers and prey for luck. Perhaps this will be BAs motivation speech.

emjaycee

Coach
Who knows. But we haven't been consistent under BA for 9yrs now.
Actually, we have been pretty consistent.

2014 - 2021 (8 Seasons)
TeamMade Top 8Missed Top 8Spoon
Storm800
Roosters710
Penrith620
Sharks621
Brisbane621
Souths620
Cowboys440
Manly440
Eels441
Raiders350
Bulldogs351
Dragons260
Knights263
Titans261
Warriors170
Tigers080

If you look are more recent numbers and take last seasons Top 8, you can see from the last 5 seasons, how we rate (2017 - 2021).
TeamMade Top 8
Melbourne5
Roosters5
Souths4
Manly4
Panthers4
Eels4
Knights2
Titans1

And we are currently on track for the top 8 this season.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many of those coaches got 9 years without a prelim????
Merkin we went eight years without making the top eight, under four different coaches. Time to stop blaming coaches, no matter how long they've been here. It's not their job to make the club stronger. That responsibility is well above the coach's pay grade.

Latest posts