What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
And bomb that useless Edwards merkin, which always pays off for us. They have the best defence for a reason, so no kind of play is going to reliably score against them. Taking risks is what they want you to do because you'll turn over the ball and then they dominate possession.

Against Penrith you just have to stay in the grind and hope you're ahead on the scoreboard after 80 minutes. We can do it sometimes, which is the best you can ask for. There's no magic cheat code that lets you win every time.

They are the best side in history potentially

TheRam

Coach
Nah we should sack him now so premiership winner Maguire can take over for the rest of the season.

I would sack him now for Flanagan. You may say it could destabilize our whole season, but you would be wrong.

We aren't going to win anything this year with BA anyway, so electroshock treatment for this lot maybe what they need. A new fresh jolt of reality and new voice to go with it.

Losing an average coach mid season for a club with a premiership potential winning team won't have any long term negative effect if you replace him with a winner. Fearful statements that it would are like old wives tales spread around just like the bullsh*t one that if you sack 'X' super popular coach that he will take half the squad with them.

It just never happens and quality coaches that have the respect of the players would have instant results when given a quality roster heading into the finals. Think of it almost like a coach that is given a quality rep squad and he is there to get them into peak playing mode for the big games ahead.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hahaha...

Do you seriously think that Makatoa or Kaufusi are better players then him and would be in front of him in our pecking order?

If you do, then you are even a worse judge of player pedigree then I thought or even, dare I say it, El Plodder-Pou.
If we had Twal in our team it's not Makatoa or Kaufusi we'd need to cut to fit him under the cap.

yy_cheng

Coach
I would sack him now for Flanagan. You may say it could destabilize our whole season, but you would be wrong.

We aren't going to win anything this year with BA anyway, so electroshock treatment for this lot maybe what they need. A new fresh jolt of reality and new voice to go with it.

Losing an average coach mid season for a club with a premiership potential winning team won't have any long term negative effect if you replace him with a winner. Fearful statements that it would are like old wives tales spread around just like the bullsh*t one that if you sack 'X' super popular coach that he will take half the squad with them.

It just never happens and quality coaches that have the respect of the players would have instant results when given a quality roster heading into the finals. Think of it almost like a coach that is given a quality rep squad and he is there to get them into peak playing mode for the big games ahead.
If flanno came, he could potentially bring in some better assistants. Maybe gallen could be our defensive coach

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If BA was smart he would listen to TIGERS. If they come up and offered a 5yr deal then take it.
His days are numbered here mate. Unless he wins the title. And if he goes backwards in 2023 he may be unwanted.
A long deal with Tigers amd he moves on for 2023 and we capture Ciraldo would be perfect.
Agreed, if he doesn’t win it for us next year and we go backwards next year how in demand would he be then??

Does he even want to coach anywhere else?? The club really should have a succession plan. He has done a lot of good for the club finding him a job in other areas while we chase another coach wouldn’t be the worst way to go.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agreed, if he doesn’t win it for us next year and we go backwards next year how in demand would he be then??

Does he even want to coach anywhere else?? The club really should have a succession plan. He has done a lot of good for the club finding him a job in other areas while we chase another coach wouldn’t be the worst way to go.

BA might be great in a development role. He has done well transforming many forwards. Or a spot where he can look after juniors.
The thing is he would be able to earn much more as a head coach.
I dare say he would be getting 500k now. The Tigers may offer 750k for him. And over 4yrs that's a tidy package.
I imagine a development role would be Max 200k. Still great money and a lot less pressure.

Incorrect

Coach
Kafusi I expected to be much more then he is. He got his money day from the Sharks. I hope he kicks on but I doubt it.
Peni Terepo-Lite is how I think of Kaufusi... With better hands granted but not quite the same punch in the line as Peni. Has been disappointing IMO. Glad it's not us paying him what the Sharks are for next year.... Though of course he might yet fulfil his promise but he's a way off from where I think most around here thought he'd be...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we go backwards is because our premiership window shut, not because the coach did anything wrong. Why would clubs blame him for that?
But after 9 years I don’t think it matters, we’ve had a more than competitive squad the last 3 years. He’s had his chance and if we do go backwards next year I don’t think he will get another chance to rebuild. Unless he manages to win a GF of course.

TheRam

Coach
If we go backwards is because our premiership window shut, not because the coach did anything wrong. Why would clubs blame him for that?

Yes he did. He failed to win it during our premiership window and then couldn't sustain that window longer the 2 years max and in reality, was never really in a premiership window considering the way he has us playing.

That is the sort of result I expect from the lesser clubs in the State like Dogs, Tigers, Sharks and the like, not the likes of a powerhouse club like ours that is on paper and resources in the top 3 clubs in the Country.