What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Well funny you should point that out.

Now lets see what reality is and what it actually teaches us here.

Firstly both Robinson and Bellamy are one NRL club coaches that were the bees knees young Ciraldo's of their day that their respective clubs were the beneficiaries of getting while still unproven and they took the risk and it paid off big time for them.

Bennett was also the largely unproven bees knees young super coach coming through of his generation and the Broncos identified him again a rookie as far as coaching on his own at 1st grade level, to spearhead what would be the number one franchise of the league.

As for Cleary many have never rated him as a super coach, because it has taken so long for him to win his premiership, but if you look back on many of my old posts I have always said he is of similar class as those other 3 but has unfortunately gone to clubs that needed rebuilding from ground up and left before they were on the cusp of glory for varying reasons. In the Tigers case, he basically didn't even get going really. Now with the Panthers over the next decade he will probably end up with multi premierships like the other three. Good luck grabbing him now that he is a premiership winner and still going strong no matter what you offer him.

As for 'ever wanting our cash', that is obviously a ridiculous statement meant to be sarcastic, but it highlights your stupid opinions very well that just fall flat. For rookie potential super coaches coming through, it doesn't have to do with money alone as Ciraldo just proved that by knocking back the tigers offer. As for established super coaches, well good luck. The only one that has moved on is Bennett and that was only because in the Broncos wisdom he was not wanted and look what has happened to them since.

The rumour right now is that Ciraldo wants the Parra job. Kind of like the other great coaches wanted to go to quality organisations with decent rosters to fulfill their potential with the resources that good organisations will provide them. These sorts of coaches are rarely ever really available and when they are you as a club have to tick quite a few boxes for them to even consider you as a destination before they even start to think or talk about money.

We in the past when these established 4 great coaches were available before they started their great NRL careers were run by morons and or had really bad rosters or had a strong coach like Brian Smith in charge anyway. In Cleary's case like I said, many(but not me) didn't value him. But what they all had in common (except Cleary) they were all unproven hyped up rookies that their initial clubs took a gamble on and it paid off. Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson were all very discerning when they picked their first NRL gig because they could and knew the pitfalls of starting out at a lemon of a club what it could do to their long term careers.

We are now a club that is considered by the next generation of young elite coaches to be worth the risk for them to take on as their first dip into the NRL as head coaches. It is now incumbent on us to do our due diligence and take the gamble on the best young coach coming through who by all reports is Cameron Ciraldo. At this stage of his career we can afford him money wise and if he indeed does turn out to be the next super coach, well that is how you get to keep them long term if not for their entire coaching life. He becomes a Parra man to the grave. But if we were to ignore him at this stage of his development, then good luck getting him here when he is the finished product and part of the furniture of wherever he has gone on to be a success.

Like I said previously, these types of coaches are rarer then the best halfbacks in the game. Is Ciraldo going to be that good, odds are probably against it, but there are some odds for it too. I think that it is a risk worth taking, especially considering he would be only replacing a slightly above average plodding incumbent. Not much to risk really is there?
The rumour now is we’re not the better club he is holding out for.

yy_cheng

Coach
The first game was on fittler.

He wanted to combine penriths defense and attack with paulo offloads and hence everything was out of sync

The props didn't know what to do or how to get into the game according to the game plan.

Yesterday, he just used penriths game plan. The dragging back defence and line speed and then let cleary control the attack

The Burton bonbs, cleary would've done them if Burton wasn't there

TheRam

Coach
He is a gamble and is being talked up based on Penrith success just like Barrett was. I knew heaps of dogs supporters who loved his signing a few years ago.

Barrett was always a dud of a dumb NRL coach in the making by by point of view and I kept pointing it out over the years.

I never rated him as a head coach ever. To dopey sounding and always blamed others when things went wrong. Players love that but rarely play well under coaches like that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We are now a club that is considered by the next generation of young elite coaches to be worth the risk for them to take on as their first dip into the NRL as head coaches.
Oh yeah? Like Storm assistants Kearney and Arthur? Coaches live and die on the rosters they have at their disposal. It’s why Cleary had early success at the star studded Warriors but then went on to do f**k all until he came back to Penrith to help them keep his son without having to pay too much. Even Robinson had a 6 win season (saved from the spoon by the inept Knights) when things went wrong at the Roosters in 2016. This is a club at which Ricky Stuart was able to win a premiership. All he managed at our club was 5 wins.

Avenger

Immortal
Oh yeah? Like Storm assistants Kearney and Arthur? Coaches live and die on the rosters they have at their disposal. It’s why Cleary had early success at the star studded Warriors but then went on to do f**k all until he came back to Penrith to help them keep his son without having to pay too much. Even Robinson had a 6 win season (saved from the spoon by the inept Knights) when things went wrong at the Roosters in 2016. This is a club at which Ricky Stuart was able to win a premiership. All he managed at our club was 5 wins.
How the f**k can you compare to what Stuart did in 2002 to what Robinson didn’t do in 2016? You started off well with the Cleary example but blew way too soon and then tried to continue with a flaccid cock.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well funny you should point that out.

Now lets see what reality is and what it actually teaches us here.

Firstly both Robinson and Bellamy are one NRL club coaches that were the bees knees young Ciraldo's of their day that their respective clubs were the beneficiaries of getting while still unproven and they took the risk and it paid off big time for them.

Bennett was also the largely unproven bees knees young super coach coming through of his generation and the Broncos identified him again a rookie as far as coaching on his own at 1st grade level, to spearhead what would be the number one franchise of the league.

As for Cleary many have never rated him as a super coach, because it has taken so long for him to win his premiership, but if you look back on many of my old posts I have always said he is of similar class as those other 3 but has unfortunately gone to clubs that needed rebuilding from ground up and left before they were on the cusp of glory for varying reasons. In the Tigers case, he basically didn't even get going really. Now with the Panthers over the next decade he will probably end up with multi premierships like the other three. Good luck grabbing him now that he is a premiership winner and still going strong no matter what you offer him.

As for 'ever wanting our cash', that is obviously a ridiculous statement meant to be sarcastic, but it highlights your stupid opinions very well that just fall flat. For rookie potential super coaches coming through, it doesn't have to do with money alone as Ciraldo just proved that by knocking back the tigers offer. As for established super coaches, well good luck. The only one that has moved on is Bennett and that was only because in the Broncos wisdom he was not wanted and look what has happened to them since.

The rumour right now is that Ciraldo wants the Parra job. Kind of like the other great coaches wanted to go to quality organisations with decent rosters to fulfill their potential with the resources that good organisations will provide them. These sorts of coaches are rarely ever really available and when they are you as a club have to tick quite a few boxes for them to even consider you as a destination before they even start to think or talk about money.

We in the past when these established 4 great coaches were available before they started their great NRL careers were run by morons and or had really bad rosters or had a strong coach like Brian Smith in charge anyway. In Cleary's case like I said, many(but not me) didn't value him. But what they all had in common (except Cleary) they were all unproven hyped up rookies that their initial clubs took a gamble on and it paid off. Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson were all very discerning when they picked their first NRL gig because they could and knew the pitfalls of starting out at a lemon of a club what it could do to their long term careers.

We are now a club that is considered by the next generation of young elite coaches to be worth the risk for them to take on as their first dip into the NRL as head coaches. It is now incumbent on us to do our due diligence and take the gamble on the best young coach coming through who by all reports is Cameron Ciraldo. At this stage of his career we can afford him money wise and if he indeed does turn out to be the next super coach, well that is how you get to keep them long term if not for their entire coaching life. He becomes a Parra man to the grave. But if we were to ignore him at this stage of his development, then good luck getting him here when he is the finished product and part of the furniture of wherever he has gone on to be a success.

Like I said previously, these types of coaches are rarer then the best halfbacks in the game. Is Ciraldo going to be that good, odds are probably against it, but there are some odds for it too. I think that it is a risk worth taking, especially considering he would be only replacing a slightly above average plodding incumbent. Not much to risk really is there?
Bellamy was the only real rookie out of those you mention…..

Bennett was hardly a rookie coach identified by the Broncos…he was co coach of the Raiders that made the GF in 1987 and before that had a lot of experience coaching in the QLD cup comp (which was on par with coaching in the “winfield” cup) additionally he had also coached QLD in origin…

Robinson had head coaching experience in uk super league coaching the French side for a few years…

CC has no head coaching experience and has only ever really coached at the panthers…..he may become a great coach but he could also become another Barrett, O’Brien, Brennan…..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How the f**k can you compare to what Stuart did in 2002 to what Robinson didn’t do in 2016?
Simply that even if the great Trent Robinson can only win six games in a season at a powerful club like the Roosters, how can you criticise Arthur for doing the same at a club like ours? Likewise, Ricky Stuart won even fewer games in his season at Parra but still managed to win more than six games in his worst year at Easts.
You started off well with the Cleary example but blew way too soon and then tried to continue with a flaccid cock.
You’ve gone off half cocked again, haven’t you?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My Dads 79 and followed the Footy since he was a kid. He said we won't win a chook raffle with BA as coach. Hasn't the killer instinct. This is a man who knows his footy.
So he’d know how hard it is to win anything at our club. Yet he keeps blaming coaches? Sounds like he’d be right at home on LU.

I guess it’s a lot easier swallowing the idea that sacking the coach and replacing him with a rookie will fix everything, than accepting that we need to get stronger (richer) and improve our management across the board before we can compete with the big clubs. This is a process that could take another decade or more. Our main source of income (the PLC) was hit hard by Covid. Good thing we have executives who have been able to leverage the state government for a bunch of free shit. It’s one area the big fan base has been a benefit.

hindy111

Post Whore
So he’d know how hard it is to win anything at our club. Yet he keeps blaming coaches? Sounds like he’d be right at home on LU.

I guess it’s a lot easier swallowing the idea that sacking the coach and replacing him with a rookie will fix everything, than accepting that we need to get stronger (richer) and improve our management across the board before we can compete with the big clubs. This is a process that could take another decade or more. Our main source of income (the PLC) was hit hard by Covid. Good thing we have executives who have been able to leverage the state government for a bunch of free shit. It’s one area the big fan base has been a benefit.

Well it isn't like we haven't given him a fair chance. 9yrs is a good run.

strider

Post Whore
Avenger, assume for a minute that my prediction about BA leaving a year early isn't true...

He is currently contracted until the end of 2024, so what I would see happening is that he would be told mid-way through 2023 that he isn't going to be extended any further. The club would begin looking for his replacement in late 2023, over the off-season and into 2024 they would hopefully settle and sign someone. I reckon they would announce it in about May 2024 and not any earlier. BA would finish his term, but the new coach would have input into 2025 player signings throughout 2024, not unlike Fitzgibbon at the Sharks late last season.

Of course, if BA gets an offer for 2024 then the new coach would be announced and ideally start 2024 pre-season.
I dont see it working .... the sharks and fitzgibbon is totally different. Sharks booted their coach and fitzgibbon was an assistant.

Yet we are say BA would stay and finish 2024? ... and have another role lined up for 2025? ... how can that work? He would have to be juggling 2 roles. Planning for another club for 2025 while still coaching us? .... i wouldnt like to see that

84 Baby

Referee
Of course it’s us or the Roosters. Who else could it be ?
He wants the Storm job when Martina retires so he can be the champion coach he is destined to be.
I reckon taking on the Storm after Martina would be a hiding to nothing.
Scums could either be a career killer or a cake walk. Obviously you’re being compared from day one, but they have access to massive resources. But then I’m sure Seaplod thought the same at Boncos

emjaycee

Coach
I dont see it working .... the sharks and fitzgibbon is totally different. Sharks booted their coach and fitzgibbon was an assistant.

Yet we are say BA would stay and finish 2024? ... and have another role lined up for 2025? ... how can that work? He would have to be juggling 2 roles. Planning for another club for 2025 while still coaching us? .... i wouldnt like to see that
What happened when Halser left Manly after winning the GF in 2011?
And Bennett left Saints to join the Knights?
And Cleary left Warriors to coach Penrith in 2012?

They can do it when it is known and they are professional mate.

#edit

Is it any different than a player knowing 12 months in advance he will be with a different club?

Latest posts