What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RYAN WEBB...Gone Missing ????

Walpole

Juniors
Probably would have given them a few Keith Lord vouchers from up the road from the Leagues club like Storm is alleged to have provided to some of its players with a national retailer. Free use of the company boat on the Georges River. FF could have had a round of golf at Beverley Park GC with the players. You just have to think outside the square.
Could have got Changa to turn the sprinklers on at Kogarah and paid him an extra 100k as the groundsman.

denis preston

First Grade
The Mad Dragons had Webby on their podcast and it is on face book. Very interesting

* Club should be aiming top 4 and red v membership of 25-30k
* Club had ( has ? ) a divided inside culture between various departments ( so it is not just the players ?? )
* Perhaps 6-8 new faces at back end of this year but not necessarily elite. Looking at most positions except 1.
* Bud knew when he resigned that the club would have Hunt until the end of 2023. ( assume this means at 7 )
* Doesn't want the club to overpublicise the players coming through Pathways & junior sides as it puts too much pressure & expectation from the players family's ( and I assume agent !! ) There is still a large fall off rate from "potential "to NRL.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Mad Dragons had Webby on their podcast and it is on face book. Very interesting

* Club should be aiming top 4 and red v membership of 25-30k
* Club had ( has ? ) a divided inside culture between various departments ( so it is not just the players ?? )
* Perhaps 6-8 new faces at back end of this year but not necessarily elite. Looking at most positions except 1.
* Bud knew when he resigned that the club would have Hunt until the end of 2023. ( assume this means at 7 )
* Doesn't want the club to overpublicise the players coming through Pathways & junior sides as it puts too much pressure & expectation from the players family's ( and I assume agent !! ) There is still a large fall off rate from "potential "to NRL.
Good to know, thanks Denis.

denis preston

First Grade
Webby just sent a message to all Red v members. He was more revealing in his interview in the Mad dragons podcast !

dungay dragon

Juniors
Webby just sent a message to all Red v members. He was more revealing in his interview in the Mad dragons podcast !
Just the standard rank n file bullshit hey Denn
Have u ever noticed in particular when we resign a player ..the press release that follows ...word for word , line by line ...the same as all others ....
So we have arrived at Friday ....And the 1st of the month to go with it ....
Usually the day when the Club tends to issue press releases , after much discussion at Board level , and after a real battle fighting over the remaining spring rolls and dim sims from the taj buffet
We still await these signing announcements that were imminent weeks ago .
Heard a whisper that Greg n Garry the ball boys have signed on for the 2023 season ...phew...all it took was an x sausage roll to go with the pie n sauce to get them over the line , prior to the Nov 1 deadline 😄

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
Have u ever noticed in particular when we resign a player ..the press release that follows ...word for word , line by line ...the same as all others ....
Usually the day when the Club tends to issue press releases , after much discussion at Board level , and after a real battle fighting over the remaining spring rolls and dim sims from the taj buffet
Heard a whisper that Greg n Garry the ball boys have signed on for the 2023 season ...phew...all it took was an x sausage roll to go with the pie n sauce to get them over the line , prior to the Nov 1 deadline 😄
SGÌ has the most incompetent band of administrators in the NRL.
PLUS the most incompetent and deceitful BOARD in the NRL.We will never succeed in this competition until we are rid of every single one of these parasites.

Trifili13

Juniors
Are the sausage rolls and pies part of the 'soft cap'? don't want to get into salary cap trouble.

Trifili13

Juniors
I think Tigers take that Trophy
Agree, at least we did not let Moses, Tedesco, Papenhuyzen, Koroibete, Andrew Fifita, Taupau, Benji (returned), Farah (returned), Addo-Carr, Suli, Woods (i know what you all think but he was an international at the time) and I am sure there are others, go and keep Luke Brookes. That's worked out well for them.

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree, at least we did not let Moses, Tedesco, Papenhuyzen, Koroibete, Andrew Fifita, Taupau, Benji (returned), Farah (returned), Addo-Carr, Suli, Woods (i know what you all think but he was an international at the time) and I am sure there are others, go and keep Luke Brookes. That's worked out well for them.
Wow, they did lose some great ones that's for sure. Just imagine how well they would have gone with those guys playing together.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Bennett fell into to Doust's lap,after the Roosters stuffed up.Bennett wanted 5 Years,but our Fearless Leader said no- only 3 years.The rest is history- thanks to Doust- Price and Mary - both flops a the Dragons for many years.
Your not wrong Lawman

Trifili13

Juniors
Wow, they did lose some great ones that's for sure. Just imagine how well they would have gone with those guys playing together.
I know we have lost or let go of players, but nowhere the calibre of the Wests Tigers, some of which have gone on to win premierships and/or play for Australia. I stand to be corrected but how many of the players that have left the Dragons have reached those heights?
The Dragon's forum would have gone into full meltdown if we had let those players go.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Well, on the podcast, Ryan said he would try to communicate with fans more often. At least he seems to be trying to do that, so kudos to him for following up.
All on here would agree that Ryan appears a genuine person who is busting his butt to get things happening but just appears to be completely Hamstrung by the old boys Guard that day by day , week by week are decimating this once Proud Great Club

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I know we have lost or let go of players, but nowhere the calibre of the Wests Tigers, some of which have gone on to win premierships and/or play for Australia. I stand to be corrected but how many of the players that have left the Dragons have reached those heights?
The Dragon's forum would have gone into full meltdown if we had let those players go.
O'Connor, Tallis pre Joint Venture..
Jack Bird, Craig Fitzgibbon, Brent Kite, Josh Morris would be the ones who went on and represented, probably one or two more..

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Our beleaguered CEO made the earth shattering comment early in the week that significant signings were imminent .... So far , as usual , Nothing ....
Webb came in like a breath of fresh air and gave us all hope for the future , but slowly but surely the Dragons dinosaur Board rained him in like they have all others . Now he is no better than a public service pencil pusher .
i guess the two we desperately require are a quality , relatively young, with some miles left in his legs , Front Rower and a nippy , agile Hooker that can deliver quality quick ball to the halves ...
He also suggested the possible return of a former player ..wow...we have let so many slip through the net .. who could it be ??
Frizell ..Robson..Garrick..Saab ..D Cook ,,AFB .... of the current listings....
Our juniors are our Future ..Enough of bringing in the , hacks , pensioners and rejects that others dont want ..
Perhaps J maclean (cowboys) Thompson ( dogs) are worth a crack and lets off load the journeyman whom many have been an abject failure
over to you Ryan
AFB bashed his missus, good move by the club moving him on.
Jason Saab was a perennial sook, and the only thing I remotely miss is his speed. Other than that bog average.
Damien Cook was an unestablished bench utility who didn't even know what position he played. Seem to remember him lining up as fullback and halfback for the dogs a few times after leaving us, until Madge got a hold of him and stuck him at Hooker. Unfortunate to not see his potential but not the club's fault entirely, the Bulldogs had a better look and couldn't work it out either.
Frizzel went and chased a paycheck/premiership with Newcastle.. how's that one working out?

We really have to stop lamenting the loss of these guys because it only serves a negative narrative, that if you went through the league you could easily find an equivalent or worse situation.. Tigers anyone?

Robson and Garrick I agree should not have been let go and was a dodgy job on the club's behalf.

Yes it's a slow rebuild, and I desperately wish they were world beaters again. But even Bennett had an established roster that was ready. There's a ways to go with this side, but I believe they're on their way to being competitive again.

Illusion

Bench
AFB bashed his missus, good move by the club moving him on.
Jason Saab was a perennial sook, and the only thing I remotely miss is his speed. Other than that bog average.
Damien Cook was an unestablished bench utility who didn't even know what position he played. Seem to remember him lining up as fullback and halfback for the dogs a few times after leaving us, until Madge got a hold of him and stuck him at Hooker. Unfortunate to not see his potential but not the club's fault entirely, the Bulldogs had a better look and couldn't work it out either.
Frizzel went and chased a paycheck/premiership with Newcastle.. how's that one working out?

We really have to stop lamenting the loss of these guys because it only serves a negative narrative, that if you went through the league you could easily find an equivalent or worse situation.. Tigers anyone?

Robson and Garrick I agree should not have been let go and was a dodgy job on the club's behalf.

Yes it's a slow rebuild, and I desperately wish they were world beaters again. But even Bennett had an established roster that was ready. There's a ways to go with this side, but I believe they're on their way to being competitive again.
Well said mate ......