What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

Avenger

Immortal
Flanagan if he got the gig would immediately clash with MON because he’d try and recruit established players and get rid of plenty of deadwood.

Ciraldo would take plenty of Panthers players with him. I even think he’d try and lure someone like Stephen Crichton and tap Gutherson on the shoulder.

If we stick with BA he will try and keep buying these surprise packets that he makes into decent players. A bit like a shit version of Bellamy.

hindy111

Post Whore
Never. You guys are f**ken mental.

But I agree that we need a change.

I wanted us to get Bennett in 2018 but when that didn’t happen I was happy to stick by the coach. I expected us to have a strong year this year but some of our losses have been unacceptable.

One thing I will say is that I’m not expecting miracles from a new coach. If we do go with Flanno or Ciraldo they will have to find a way to bring some proper on and off field leadership into the squad. The fact that Gutho is the best we have speaks volumes.

Sounds like your in the HINDY111 BOAT.

Coach has to go and squad needs a make over as it isn't that good and over rated. I tipped us for 10th. Unsure why as we are good enough to make the top 4. I just feel sides when are close a few times need to freshen or get stale and we didn't. Of course there is still time to finish top 4. Maybe go on a run after origin. Reed and Gutherson find form. Both been horrible.

But also plausible we lose a few close ones and slide out of the top 8.

Soto

Bench
Agreed. Gutho is a deadshit, but BA has shown poor judgement by backing him. Making Paulo co-captain was a concession but it hasn’t helped.
Neither are captain material.
I would make Moses captain.
Yes he was terrible last night but he has more upside than Guth who plays his best footy scooting from dummy half. Something our exiting 9 has no idea how to do that.
When we don't offload and play 1 out, the opposition just numbers up on us and smashes us into submission.
Demetriou admitted that in his presser last night.
Again outclassed, out smarted and out coached.
Can the so called experts running this team and club leave immediately.
Its downright embarrassing

Avenger

Immortal
Gutherson and Mahoney have been terrible this year especially that little one dimensional turncoat. Even the handbrake being dropped has affected us because he usually set the tone for our line speed.

Soto

Bench
Flanagan if he got the gig would immediately clash with MON because he’d try and recruit established players and get rid of plenty of deadwood.

Ciraldo would take plenty of Panthers players with him. I even think he’d try and lure someone like Stephen Crichton and tap Gutherson on the shoulder.

If we stick with BA he will try and keep buying these surprise packets that he makes into decent players. A bit like a shit version of Bellamy.
When was the last time BA actually signed a rep level player?
Let's go to ALDI and check the special buys and make it great...

Avenger

Immortal
C
When was the last time BA actually signed a rep level player?
Let's go to ALDI and check the special buys and make it great...
He does but usually when their career is well and truly over, or for overs or when someone else chips in.

Watmough, Beau Scott, Foran, Jennings and Blake say hi.

hindy111

Post Whore
I have done my ladder predictor. I think we are certainly a chance of not making finals. Id say we are a long shot of top 4.
Most likely would be around 7th.

Soto

Bench
He does but usually when their career is well and truly over, or for overs or when someone else chips in.

Watmough, Beau Scott, Foran, Jennings and Blake say hi.
Correct but not someone in their prime or as you correctly state unless it's subsidised by another club.
Bring on Flanno or Ciraldo now.
There is clearly a problem with the coach and players. The common denominator must go

IFR33K

Coach
He's had 9 years to recruit leadership and he has hung his hat on Gutho. Show's he has no idea what real leadership is. A bloke who tries really really hard at training doesn't make you a leader.

Being a hog and abusing his team mates when things go bad doesn't make you a leader. The way he played his contract saga out in the media and let his management drag the clubs name through the mud to squeeze every extra drop from a club you are the skipper of is not leadership. A real leader would of gotten the team together and said we are building something speshal here a strong squad i'm signing for a little bit less and i hope you all do too. He set the example and guys like Mahoney and Papa just followed his lead. He's not a captains arsehole i'm afraid.

Such inspiration have you considered joining the squad.

hindy111

Post Whore
What you need to do is break wins down and the luck to win.

Let's look at our season so far and what's happened.

Titans rnd 1 - Win Got away with it. Could of lost but better side. Fair result

Sharks rnd 2 - Loss Should of won. Sharks where better side. Fair result.

Storm - Won - Golden Point could of lost 50/50

Dragons - Won easy

Titans - Won - Just held on. Could of lost but where better side

Tigers - Lost - Could of won. Didn't deserve to win.

Knights - WON easily

Cowboys - Lost Anhilated us

Panthers- Won could of lost 50/50

Roosters - Lost - Fair result- Roosters better side

Manly - WON - TURBO not injured we lose that. A 50/50 and very lucky.

Raiders - Won. Could of lost but where the better side. Deserved.

Dogs - Lost Anhilated us

Roosters - Won. Brilliant first half. Deserved to win. Rooster missing 3 key players and HIAs.

Souths - LOST Anhilated us.

I look at our season and would say 3 games where a 50/50. We won all 3 of those. STORM,PENRITH,MANLY. These 3 x 50/50 games going our way is keeping our season alive.

Yes we could of beat Tigers,Roosters and Sharks but didn't deserve it. Just as Canberra and Titans twice could of beaten us.

*We have been in control in two games this year and won easily.

* Suffered 3 flogging and never in the game

* Beaten by the Tigers at home

4 very poor performances so far.

hindy111

Post Whore
Of our hammerings 3 happened in the last 8 games.
And our 4 worse losses in our last 10 games.

We will face the Tigers next. We should win but if we managed to lose I reckon it could be curtains.

Soto

Bench
Of our hammerings 3 happened in the last 8 games.
And our 4 worse losses in our last 10 games.

We will face the Tigers next. We should win but if we managed to lose I reckon it could be curtains.
Absolutely no fkn excuses. Next 2 games against tigers and warriors are not negotiable. If we lose in one of those games BA has to go. I think the time is right now, like Penrith did to Griffin, but that's not going to happen.
Depends on what happens between now and seasons end, (GF or GF qualifier) the call needs to be made.
A new voice is required or an overhaul of coaching tactics and new playing personnel

King-Gutho94

Coach
The benefit in the run home is the fact we play 6 out of last 8 games at fortress commbank.

We should be 5 from 5 there this year except for the Tigers debacle.

Our record at home shouldn't be underestimated we are tough to beat and yet to lose B2B games there since moving back.

The f**ker thinks he’s Brad Pitt in moneyball