What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 2/7/22

TheRam

Coach
We are talking about squads, irrespective of injuries .... dont be an apologist for the brave roosters ffs

Apologist my arse. They just aren't the team people think they are. They need a bit of a rebuild to take out a premiership again. Currently a bottom of the 8 team at best.

Yep. Thats how odds work. Even the Tigers at $501 cant strictly be considered "no chance".
But you countered Avenger's claim that plenty in the media thought we'd win by saying that the bookies didn't. I would say that if we're fifth favourite then plenty of bookies also thought we'd win. I also reckon if we were $13 it wouldn't have been for long.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brian Smith made 4 GF's from 3 different clubs, he was good enough to get a gig with the almighty Roosters a club you put on this pedestal.

Cronin and Hilditch were relics from a different time, fitzy even admitted he wasn't spending all he could on the football club and team while he built up the leagues clubs and assets. None of which seems to spend a cent in the team at all anymore. I ask again by bother??? They are just wasting everyones time.
No they’re not. We’re a chance to win every game we’re in

emjaycee

Coach
But you countered Avenger's claim that plenty in the media thought we'd win by saying that the bookies didn't. I would say that if we're fifth favourite then plenty of bookies also thought we'd win. I also reckon if we were $13 it wouldn't have been for long.
Wouldnt being 5th favourite just mean they thought there were 4 teams with a better chance than us of winning, not that any of them actually thought we could win it?

IFR33K

Coach
OK. Sorry about that. I was asking a question in response to someones comment that we should be in the top 4.
I will stick to agreeing with @TheRam that we have an awesome squad shall I?

It’s def one of the better squads in the nrl. We’ve beaten Penrith and melb and have several origin players as well as having a fair few finals games under our belts.

so what’s stopping the team progressing?

Wouldnt being 5th favourite just mean they thought there were 4 teams with a better chance than us of winning, not that any of them actually thought we could win it?
It's impossible to know what they thought. But we were rated the fifth most likely, in simple terms. I think the most reasonable assumption is that 'plenty' of bookies thought we could win.
In any case, pointing out that we were about fifth favourite isn't much of a counter to the claim that plenty in the media tipped us to win.

emjaycee

Coach
It’s def one of the better squads in the nrl. We’ve beaten Penrith and melb and have several origin players as well as having a fair few finals games under our belts.

1) Individual player attitude
2) Lack of leadership both on and off the field
3) Inability of the coach to develop a Plan B
4) Lack of attention to detail in either planning or execution of defensive patterns
5) Lack of speed in a number of key positions
6) Lack of killer instinct
7) Lack of self-belief when behind on the scoreboard by more than 12 points
8) Lack of depth in key positions resulting in overplaying spine players despite drop in form

Probably some more I can think of but is that enough for now?

Avenger

Immortal

Sorry MJC, I think IFR33K has got a point here. If we can beat those top 2 teams and we can't be consistent enough to beat the lesser teams (I don't consider Souths a lesser team) then there are no excuses. It's a mental thing, and that's on the coach. He doesn't have the intellect to get them up for the games they should win.

And his tactics and bench rotations are inconsistent and f**king terrible respectively.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Penrith and the Storm were considerably shorter priced in comparison. Fair to say thats who most people thought would win.

Latest posts