What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Zero premierships?
But good to hear the team is travelling ok and we’re not paying overs. I’ll let Gutho know

Haha well in general. But good for you being able to pinpoint one comment. We’ve come a long way since signing players like sandow and choc.

apart from premierships, what’s management doing wrong.

I’ll add that extending Ba was a huge failing on there part.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I wonder if we are considering Tabuai-Fidow. He'd be a great signing for us in 2023 and actually provides speed and x-factor. He's stuck on the bench at Cowboys which I bet he isn't happy about. It'll also allow us to put Waqa in his better position on the wing. I also think we should enquire about Turpin. I feel his being hard done by Brisbane, think he could provide good service for us on the bench and gives us a decent option if Hodgson goes down. I don't think there's much interest in him at the moment so we could pick him up for cheap.
Ill be interested to see if Rheed develops a running game at The Dogs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If only we had the money and the resources of a rich and wealthy club like the Sharks.
They have a bigger junior competition and all three junior rep teams finished ahead of ours. Good evidence that they are spending more, which is evidence they have more to spend. They aren't the Storm or Roosters but they are quite obviously better resourced than we are. More evidence is the quality of coaching staff they can attract.

The only things we really have going for us is the fantastic government-owned stadium near our leagues club and the large fanbase. Memberships and merchandising income would be decent. Would it translate well to sponsorship? Who knows.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just because your talented does not mean you are consistently capable week in week out.

Talent, consistency and a winning culture are all very different and one doesn't automatically come with the other.
And none of that has anything to do with the coach I presume???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They have a bigger junior competition and all three junior rep teams finished ahead of ours. Good evidence that they are spending more, which is evidence they have more to spend. They aren't the Storm or Roosters but they are quite obviously better resourced than we are. More evidence is the quality of coaching staff they can attract.

The only things we really have going for us is the fantastic government-owned stadium near our leagues club and the large fanbase. Memberships and merchandising income would be decent. Would it translate well to sponsorship? Who knows.
So 140 million dollars of assets means absolutely nothing???

Keep talking down the club to prove a point on the internet Superfan. No wonder @Cloeel is a fan he’s almost as good as deflecting as you are.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But despite that the club has out a more than competitive team on the park this season that at worst should be challenging for the top 4.
Well it is challenging for the top four. Are you suggesting it should be guaranteed a top four finish? What do you base this on? Our single Origin player?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How are we not challenging for top 4? We are currently in 6th place and last time I checked there are still 8 games left in the regular season.

Maybe with some luck and a purple patch of form we can over achieve and squeeze into the top 4.
We've done it before. With half a dozen teams vying for two spots it takes some luck.

Incorrect

Coach
Just because your talented does not mean you are consistently capable week in week out.

Talent, consistency and a winning culture are all very different and one doesn't automatically come with the other.
I get that talent doesn't guarantee elite performance each and every week... But to have been beaten by the Tigers and Dogs this year is simply unacceptable. The 1 point loss to the Tigers should have been the kick in the arse needed to ensure the team take nothing for granted against an inferior opponent. But then less than 2 months later the Dogs lapped us by 30.... Unacceptable

Cloeel

Juniors
I get that talent doesn't guarantee elite performance each and every week... But to have been beaten by the Tigers and Dogs this year is simply unacceptable. The 1 point loss to the Tigers should have been the kick in the arse needed to ensure the team take nothing for granted against an inferior opponent. But then less than 2 months later the Dogs lapped us by 30.... Unacceptable

Both Panthers and Storm lost to us. Do you see them kicking stones because they lost to team that was beaten by the Tiger and Dogs?

It is a long season. Makes no sense to judge a team week to week.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So the NRL teams get first dibs at picking players from clubs in their junior districts? Why do we not raid the Penrith junior district clubs which are right next door to us?
I'm sure we try. But the youngsters with NRL potential are rare and in high demand. They go where the money is (which includes educational expenses and favours to family members).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Sharks and Cowboys in the top 4 can be considered overachievers. The Broncos if they scrape in instead of either of those 2 could also be considered overachievers.

The squad we have and the way we ended 2021 and started 2022 (ie nearly toppling the Panthers in the Finals and then spanking them in the trial along with our ability on show V the Storm in round 3) - nobody is calling us overachievers if we finished top 4. It was expected by many pundits/so called experts... Suggesting we are overachieving by finishing top 4 is nonsense.
The difference between fourth and ninth at the moment is only two wins. Well within normal variance due to luck on the day.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well it is challenging for the top four. Are you suggesting it should be guaranteed a top four finish? What do you base this on? Our single Origin player?
Keep talking down the club and squad super fan lol. 3 played origin 3 weeks and we also had 3 kiwi reps that helped smash a very strong Tongan team. Moses is also in the top 4 or 5 halfbacks in the NRL.

No origin reps, no resources and no money ☹️ BA is an absolute SuperCoach!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
There isn’t any limits, I know of dragons/Steelers juniors who have signed with Sydney clubs before even playing NRL junior reps…..
There was an official from one of the local clubs (might've been the Rhinos actually) on the TCT podcast who said their kids had ended up at plenty of NRL clubs, including the Storm. Clubs fish where the fish are.

84 Baby

Referee
Haha well in general. But good for you being able to pinpoint one comment. We’ve come a long way since signing players like sandow and choc.

apart from premierships, what’s management doing wrong.

I’ll add that extending Ba was a huge failing on there part.
I don’t think they are doing anything “wrong” but I don’t get scapegoating BA as the cancer on the club, yet ignore shortcomings of his bosses.
Individually, I don’t have any major criticisms of anyone at club from coaches up to execs. Despite what the Ram say, some of the board are very good operators. But like the actual team, results aren’t off the back of individual performance, it’s a team game and the club overall is deficient in a number of areas.