What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Just because we lost 2 games to weaker sides does not make us a bad team.

I should be able to parallel park a car. But there are times where I'm off with the fairies and f**k it up - it doesn't make me a supposedly bad driver.
If you can’t reverse park (for what ever reason) then yes you are a shit driver.

Eelctrifying

Juniors
I just want to see them not concede the first try. It's happened for what.. like 10 games straight now.

It's a massive attitude problem that sets the tone for the rest of the match, regardless if we win.

Defend the f**king line. You literally have no fatigue but the first 10 mins are like an automatic 6 points for the opposition recently.

84 Baby

Referee
Ok then

I just finished the PRs for the season so get ready forumites.... Let's roll.

1 - PENRITH PANTHERS. They are just a well oiled machine. Bar injuries they will be very hard to stop.

2. STORM - Brilliant organisation.

I feel there is a big gap after these.

3. Manly - Yes a huge suprise. But Des is a great coach and without Schuster who is a great player. Turbonwill come back and Tapau. I dislike the pack but they have x factor.

4. SHARKS - I picked them as my suprise packet. They ooze class. Can they trouble the big sides? Depends how much the halves improve. A knock out chance.

5. Eels - Having a rough run with injuries. The side is built for the tough grind. If all fit can do a bit of something in finals. They do lack any sort of x factor. Big concern. And a half who isn't clutch.

6. Roosters - Maybe a little over hyped. Not seen enough to suggest they can challenge the top 4.

7. Souths - One thing they have is x factor. Just the halfback worries me.

8. Titans - There is a good football team there somewhere.

9. Cowboys - On the up and may sneak into finals.

10. Warriors - As above

11. BRISBANE - As above.

12.Knights - Have some talent but something doesn't seem right.Could still make the top 8 for mine.

FORGET FINALS
13. SAINTS

14. CANBERRA

15. TIGERS

16 DOGS
Pretty close but you failed dismally on Cows/Broncos/Tits

Incorrect

Coach
Just because we lost 2 games to weaker sides does not make us a bad team.

I should be able to parallel park a car. But there are times where I'm off with the fairies and f**k it up - it doesn't make me a supposedly bad driver.
Unless you parallel park for a living, that is one of the more absurd analogies I've read...

Do you parallel park cars for a living??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Go to the predictions thread and almost every merkin thought we’d be top 4 or better. Now apparently top 6 is what we are aiming for because since February , our squad, management structures and resources aren’t good enough.
Asking a bunch of fans for predictions ffs. It’s based on hope.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When our junior nursery was bigger you never gave us such praise and thumbs up kudos. You're full of sh*t.
It’s not just about the size of the junior catchment. You still need the money to keep the best ones, plus recruit externally. Drown and Mahoney aren’t from f**ken Guildford ffs. Neither were Panthers premiership players Edwards, Burton, Yeo, Kikau and JFH, even though all of them played in the Penrith junior rep teams. Finding those players and winning their signatures takes resources.

IFR33K

Coach
I don’t think they are doing anything “wrong” but I don’t get scapegoating BA as the cancer on the club, yet ignore shortcomings of his bosses.
Individually, I don’t have any major criticisms of anyone at club from coaches up to execs. Despite what the Ram say, some of the board are very good operators. But like the actual team, results aren’t off the back of individual performance, it’s a team game and the club overall is deficient in a number of areas.

well I have no idea where you’re going with this. I’ve conceded management has done a good job overall. There biggest blunder would be extending Ba knowing he has plenty of downside.

hindy111

Post Whore
Unless you parallel park for a living, that is one of the more absurd analogies I've read...

Do you parallel park cars for a living??

My parralel parking is always a 50/50. I'm sure I've bumped quite a few cars behind me too. I have a metal bar on the back of my van so you can't tell.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
My God!

This is a business as well as entertainment. If Parra put any of those 3 nobodies in place as head coach unless they literally have instant success and or were able to attract quality players then they would within their first season become toxic to the fans, sponsors and players in regards to recruitment and attraction as a club to go to.

If a coach isn't high profile and or has runs on the board then the criticism and attacks will be relentless from the very beginning and for a club as big as ours it will be deafening. Besides unless the powers that be at the club know something no one else knows and they are unearthing a Bellamy or Robinson from left field, they should steer clear of any middle of the road candidates or unknowns.

Ciraldo even though he would be a rookie, comes with a lot of hype and much good will from both the playing ranks of the NRL and the media a like. That is a vital ingredient to have for a rookie coach because it would give him some breathing space to get some new recruits and have some failures along the way without have to much criticism and pressure put on him from the outset by the media wolves.

Otherwise if we were to go with a head coach of the type like your 3 suggested ones, it be like the Tigers giving Noddy the keys to the kingdom, but even worse, without the safety net of Tim Sheens overseeing. Those sorts of appointments lead to nothing other more mediocrity or outright failure. In todays game you need head coaches that wield power and presence in recruitment and talent identification more then ever. The day of seeing average coaches winning premierships unless they are blessed with being in the right place at the right time and having a whole lot of quality juniors all come through at the same time without them actually being the architect behind it all are virtually gone.

An average coach that can't attract stars or develop from within quick enough, will not get the luxury of being around long enough to see any real success. We can't afford to get the next head coach appointment wrong especially if we were to give it to an unknown and uncelebrated nobody rookie. Carr for example maybe a decent coach, but he needs to be brilliant not decent. If we go with a rookie he needs to be the best there is available. Rightly or wrongly that is what the NRL community wants to see. If we go with a low profile unknown, then like I said, management better be pulling one hell of a rabbit out of their arse. Otherwise we have just consigned our club to another 10 years of nothing cos that is how long it will take to get the players back that we will lose and structures that will dissolve even further and then going through the whole process of finding a quality coach who wants to come at a weak club and try his luck.

Whoever we get though better not be adverse to having the best assistants and footy minds around him like this current coach has shown to be, otherwise he will also fail just like BA has, but someone like Ciraldo doesn't strike me as the fearful type that doesn't want equally bright minds around him to help out. In my opinion we need someone like him or Flano and a great not good talent scout and stop the nepotism that is apparently going on under BA's watch.

We aren't producing many if any SOO or Australian rep quality players at all at the moment. This is the driest spell I have ever seen our club go through as far as lack of talent, no matter what some on here keep saying about how good our juniors are. We have lost so much ground in numbers and quality it isn't funny. This needs to stop and be reversed otherwise no matter who we appoint as our head coach he will be coaching at a markedly major disadvantage to the clubs that are true development clubs.

IFR33K

Coach
Keep rehiring a coach that can't get us to play consistently and or past week two of the playoffs and also whoever is in charge of our junior pathways sucks hairy stinking Cyclops balls with a hint of Pou fart.

Yeah I agree there biggest downfall thus far has been the coach. I guess they’ve just got cosy playing semis.

The point is we're not a great team. Do you think the Panthers and Storm set themselves the goal of top four this year? Or minor premiership?
You can't do any better than finishing top of the ladder, so they've set their sights as high as possible. As they should because the MP is realistic for them. As top four is for us.
A goal should be something to aspire to, not just about where you'd expect to finish in an average year. If our goal wasn't to be top four at least I'd be hugely surprised.

Last edited:

Latest posts