What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I get that talent doesn't guarantee elite performance each and every week... But to have been beaten by the Tigers and Dogs this year is simply unacceptable. The 1 point loss to the Tigers should have been the kick in the arse needed to ensure the team take nothing for granted against an inferior opponent. But then less than 2 months later the Dogs lapped us by 30.... Unacceptable
💯
I didn’t like the other losses but they were acceptable (inc last week as bad as it was) on the season as a whole but Tigers game should’ve been the low point of the season that maybe you accept if it’s the kick in the arse for the remainder of year but then they outdid themselves versus Dogs.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Keep talking down the club and squad super fan lol. 3 played origin 3 weeks and we also had 3 kiwi reps that helped smash a very strong Tongan team. Moses is also in the top 4 or 5 halfbacks in the NRL.

No origin reps, no resources and no money ☹️ BA is an absolute SuperCoach!!!
Decent number of reps and money. I'd say 6th place is about right for our club. Get some luck and top four is even a possibility. It's very exciting.

hybrideel

Bench
Both Panthers and Storm lost to us. Do you see them kicking stones because they lost to team that was beaten by the Tiger and Dogs?

It is a long season. Makes no sense to judge a team week to week.
Panthers and Storm lost to another premiership contender in us. Sure they would be disappointed in losing but it was to a supposedly good team.
We have lost 2 games to the team that at the time was coming 16th, and had 2 close calls to the Titans. You can't compare those situations

Yes it's a long season however poor performances against lower ranked teams we should beat easily are why you are saying we should be aiming at 6th rather than 3rd-4th. And that is unacceptable for this team

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Go to the predictions thread and almost every merkin thought we’d be top 4 or better. Now apparently top 6 is what we are aiming for because since February , our squad, management structures and resources aren’t good enough.
Finishing 6th was the plan apparently.

The A Team 80S GIF

hindy111

Post Whore
So the NRL teams get first dibs at picking players from clubs in their junior districts? Why do we not raid the Penrith junior district clubs which are right next door to us?

I don't think that's how it works. My cousin boy played in A grade for St Mary's. He wanted to go to a Parra jnr club but couldn't cause St Mary's won the comp so it stops them being able to. Even if they don't win comp they have to get permission I am lead to believe. Unsure if this is 100% but its not as simple as just going where you want.

Cloeel

Juniors
Panthers and Storm lost to another premiership contender in us. Sure they would be disappointed in losing but it was to a supposedly good team.
We have lost 2 games to the team that at the time was coming 16th, and had 2 close calls to the Titans. You can't compare those situations

Yes it's a long season however poor performances against lower ranked teams we should beat easily are why you are saying we should be aiming at 6th rather than 3rd-4th. And that is unacceptable for this team

Just because we lost 2 games to weaker sides does not make us a bad team.

I should be able to parallel park a car. But there are times where I'm off with the fairies and f**k it up - it doesn't make me a supposedly bad driver.

84 Baby

Referee
Go to the predictions thread and almost every merkin thought we’d be top 4 or better. Now apparently top 6 is what we are aiming for because since February , our squad, management structures and resources aren’t good enough.
I’ll call anyone who says they predicted Cows, Sharks and Broncos to be where they are, a liar.
I think our wins/losses are about right, maybe a win short (basically the losses to Dogs/Tigers offset the wins over Scums/Smugs), but our F/A and nature of our losses have been infuriatingly woeful

TheRam

Coach
no leaks.
memberships up.
sponsors on board.
team seems to be traveling ok.
Don’t seem to be paying overs and not paying players to play elsewhere.

Where have they gone wrong?

Keep rehiring a coach that can't get us to play consistently and or past week two of the playoffs and also whoever is in charge of our junior pathways sucks hairy stinking Cyclops balls with a hint of Pou fart.

TheRam

Coach
They have a bigger junior competition and all three junior rep teams finished ahead of ours. Good evidence that they are spending more, which is evidence they have more to spend. They aren't the Storm or Roosters but they are quite obviously better resourced than we are. More evidence is the quality of coaching staff they can attract.

The only things we really have going for us is the fantastic government-owned stadium near our leagues club and the large fanbase. Memberships and merchandising income would be decent. Would it translate well to sponsorship? Who knows.

When our junior nursery was bigger you never gave us such praise and thumbs up kudos. You're full of sh*t.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I, for one, don't understand the idea that we are overachieving if we make the top 4.

This is a professional sporting organisation - if you don't set realistic, but aggressive, goals, then you can't get anywhere.

A top 4 finish is not out of the realm of possibility, and is the minimum that a club should aspire for.

Whatever happens after that can be up for debate - but I don't think many professional sporting clubs were successful by setting themselves easy goals.

Ambitious targets are what make people strive to be better.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’ll call anyone who says they predicted Cows, Sharks and Broncos to be where they are, a liar.
I think our wins/losses are about right, maybe a win short (basically the losses to Dogs/Tigers offset the wins over Scums/Smugs), but our F/A and nature of our losses have been infuriatingly woeful

Ok then

I just finished the PRs for the season so get ready forumites.... Let's roll.

1 - PENRITH PANTHERS. They are just a well oiled machine. Bar injuries they will be very hard to stop.

2. STORM - Brilliant organisation.

I feel there is a big gap after these.

3. Manly - Yes a huge suprise. But Des is a great coach and without Schuster who is a great player. Turbonwill come back and Tapau. I dislike the pack but they have x factor.

4. SHARKS - I picked them as my suprise packet. They ooze class. Can they trouble the big sides? Depends how much the halves improve. A knock out chance.

5. Eels - Having a rough run with injuries. The side is built for the tough grind. If all fit can do a bit of something in finals. They do lack any sort of x factor. Big concern. And a half who isn't clutch.

6. Roosters - Maybe a little over hyped. Not seen enough to suggest they can challenge the top 4.

7. Souths - One thing they have is x factor. Just the halfback worries me.

8. Titans - There is a good football team there somewhere.

9. Cowboys - On the up and may sneak into finals.

10. Warriors - As above

11. BRISBANE - As above.

12.Knights - Have some talent but something doesn't seem right.Could still make the top 8 for mine.

FORGET FINALS
13. SAINTS

14. CANBERRA

15. TIGERS

16 DOGS

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just because we lost 2 games to weaker sides does not make us a bad team.

I should be able to parallel park a car. But there are times where I'm off with the fairies and f**k it up - it doesn't make me a supposedly bad driver.

But part of your obligations as a driver when you are behind the wheel is to give 100% focus at all times - you are controlling a 2-tonne scrap of steel that can literally kill people.

The analogy should still stand for footy players - they only play 20-odd games per year, and it's what they do for a living, so the expectation would be nothing short of 100% effort in all those games.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I, for one, don't understand the idea that we are overachieving if we make the top 4.

This is a professional sporting organisation - if you don't set realistic, but aggressive, goals, then you can't get anywhere.

A top 4 finish is not out of the realm of possibility, and is the minimum that a club should aspire for.

Whatever happens after that can be up for debate - but I don't think many professional sporting clubs were successful by setting themselves easy goals.

Ambitious targets are what make people strive to be better.

Can you imagine the 90s Bulls, early 00s Patriots, or 80s Eels saying, "Finishing in the Finals is good enough!"?

Great teams set aggressive targets - if you don't, you're just kidding yourself.

Latest posts