What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 R17 Thu - Cronulla 28-6 Melbourne @ PointsBet

Round 17: Cronulla v Melbourne

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Melbourne Storm

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
simple stuff numbers in the tackle and control the ruck. Sharks were excellent in defence but imo the attack was disappointing given how poor the storms edges were. Nicho in and the sharks would have put up 60
They absolutely outstormed the Storm in defence.
I thought they were great with the ball in the 1st half. They turned the Storm inside out many times with their ball movement. Yes the Storm outside backs aren't great in defence but teams generally struggle to get it there because the Storm slow the ruck and push up early from 3 or 4 in.

Reflector

Juniors
JT: "They (Qld) had a lot go against them in Game 2..."

Lol here it goes.

As a player, I was always happy to see JT succeed (apart from at Origin level, in which case f**k off with the rest of them you whingeing toad) and found him generally more likeable than a lot of other prominent players of his era. Saying that, he can't bring himself to give credit to NSW for anything, even when it's deserved. The best he can do is claim "They were probably the better team tonight" after NSW won the 2019 decider- when there was no probably about it.

Wally Lewis was arguably the #1 player in some Qld teams that (for a couple of reasons) I put above the 2006-2013 sides. In Qld, he is still "The King". No other personality in Qld has that lofty title. Arguably their #1 player of all time. Yet after Game 1 last year, having just watched his beloved state annihilated on home turf, he had the grace to concur that as far as he was concerned, it was the best performance he had ever seen from a NSW team since 1980. A guy who played against the likes of Kenny, Sterling, Mortimer, Pearce, Daley, Stick etc. Huge praise. But JT could never bring himself to say something like this.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
JT: "They (Qld) had a lot go against them in Game 2..."

Lol here it goes.

As a player, I was always happy to see JT succeed (apart from at Origin level, in which case f**k off with the rest of them you whingeing toad) and found him generally more likeable than a lot of other prominent players of his era. Saying that, he can't bring himself to give credit to NSW for anything, even when it's deserved. The best he can do is claim "They were probably the better team tonight" after NSW won the 2019 decider- when there was no probably about it.

Wally Lewis was arguably the #1 player in some Qld teams that (for a couple of reasons) I put above the 2006-2013 sides. In Qld, he is still "The King". No other personality in Qld has that lofty title. Arguably their #1 player of all time. Yet after Game 1 last year, having just watched his beloved state annihilated on home turf, he had the grace to concur that as far as he was concerned, it was the best performance he had ever seen from a NSW team since 1980. A guy who played against the likes of Kenny, Sterling, Mortimer, Pearce, Daley, Stick etc. Huge praise. But JT could never bring himself to say something like this.
Geez I loved Bert, what a natural.

Frailty

First Grade
Storm really miss Munster. He is a great threat in attack, and him being there draws defenders opening up space for other storm players. Without that threat the defence locks down on Hughes and Paps. Hughes tried to step and run multiple times, but the defence was waiting. Paps was never given room (except for when they ran an obstruction).

Latest posts