What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving the Grand Final

Nsw govt are playing this Well
”we have bigger priorities with people in need right now”
”we’ve delivered two stadiums with a third on the way”
”we’ve always said this is a staged startegy and the next stage is penrith”
”we haven’t said we are not going to do it when the time is right”
”why would nrl punish its fans in Sydney”

the 90% of sydney folk who don’t avidly follow NRL would be reading all that and going, ”yep fair call”.
all countered by

people will always be in need
you have not honoured a written agreement
we only asked for confirmed timeline , the 5th time we have asked
I thought there were people in need ?... hypocrites much !!
we're not you are
the cities & states biggest sport is being treated like shit .... again ... enough

poor old parrotturd
just can't get anything right

Iamback

Coach
i thought that was one offs for those years due to stadium not being available, not every year for twenty years.

The new deal kicked in 2022, So the last time NSW hosted a GF they paid for it.

What the new arrangements are going forward who knows but $10m plus the $15m gate receipts. Should be the starting point

Iamback

Coach
Nsw govt are playing this Well
”we have bigger priorities with people in need right now”
”we’ve delivered two stadiums with a third on the way”
”we’ve always said this is a staged startegy and the next stage is penrith”
”we haven’t said we are not going to do it when the time is right”
”why would nrl punish its fans in Sydney”

the 90% of sydney folk who don’t avidly follow NRL would be reading all that and going, ”yep fair call”.

compare that to vlandys whose coming across as a selfish naive fool.

Which is why he should step back, Allow the 2 ex politicans on the Commission do the Govt deals

butchmcdick

Immortal
theres been floods in NSW since 1788 ... probably longer actually
using them as an excuse to renege on a deal is as Vlandys says.... pathetic
Well I live in Lismore

you can suck my hairy balls if you think spending hundreds of millions on stadiums in Sydney v rebuilding infrastructure in the northern rivers is a good spend

is the NRL proposing to put their hand in their pockets to stump up some cash for stadium upgrades or are they just expecting the taxpayer to pay for it ?

Iamback

Coach
Well I live in Lismore

you can suck my hairy balls if you think spending hundreds of millions on stadiums in Sydney v rebuilding infrastructure in the northern rivers is a good spend

is the NRL proposing to put their hand in their pockets to stump up some cash for stadium upgrades or are they just expecting the taxpayer to pay for it ?

95% of the general public feel the same way

Well I live in Lismore

first time you've had a flood eh ?

oh wait...

95% of the general public feel the same way
then f**k penriths upgrade off too then
oh hang on
marginal liberal seat & policticans are nothing but slimey snake oil salesmen , but we must not call them that eh ..

up rates
up tolls
put a few more mobile speed camera vans out

it'll be fine ..

Iamback

Coach
then f**k penriths upgrade off too then
oh hang on
marginal liberal seat & policticans are nothing but slimey snake oil salesmen , but we must not call them that eh ..

up rates
up tolls
put a few more mobile speed camera vans out

it'll be fine ..

There is zero chance Penrith's upgrade happens.

We have 2 options play at Penrith or move to brand new Commbank, As every Sydney team has the same options.

Why do you desperately want stadium upgrades and why should the taxpayer pay for it ?
I'm not desperate , there are far bigger factors at play here , shady politicians feathering their own nests agendas & other sports at the expense of the tax payer already

Govts build stadiums in this country , no one else
tax or rate payers have built every sports venue in the land , sports fans are tax payers too so thats perfectly justifiable
stadiums generate income for govts & communities & pay for themselves eventually so enough of your bleating & go build a dam wall or something

Maximus

Coach
Well I live in Lismore

NRL stadiums are far more important than loser flood victims and if you disagree you are not a true rugby league fan according to baselinepanther and Wb1234

NRL stadiums are far more important than loser flood victims and if you disagree you are not a true rugby league fan according to baselinepanther and Wb1234
not rl fans ?
no just dumbarses

if we waited for flood victims to be looked after before everything else in australia
we'd still have gas lamps on streets

there have been natural disasters & will continue to be natural disasters , they're never going to stop

for a govt to ... hide ... behind them to break promises , agreements & contracts is as weak as it gets

butchmcdick

Immortal
I'm not desperate , there are far bigger factors at play here , shady politicians feathering their own nests agendas & other sports at the expense of the tax payer already

Govts build stadiums in this country , no one else
tax or rate payers have built every sports venue in the land , sports fans are tax payers too so thats perfectly justifiable
stadiums generate income for govts & communities & pay for themselves eventually so enough of your bleating & go build a dam wall or something

yeah nah

the afl do ( shock horror, the AFL )

yeah nah

the afl do ( shock horror, the AFL )

you f**king clown 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

they didn't build it , they bought it 19 years after it was built by the Vic govt for about a 3rd of what it cost ... or would be worth

go milk a cow or something & leave the city folk to chat

dogslife

Coach
images

Danish

Referee
I thought it was all about stadium spend? Spend on stadiums and you get to have gf for twenty years. Where does it say nsw govt is currently paying $10mill a year for it?

they are claiming QLD will pay $10m to host it.

so ergo NSW could offer $10m + $1 and they would have the better bid, No billion dollars of suburban grounds required

Iamback

Coach
they are claiming QLD will pay $10m to host it.

so ergo NSW could offer $10m + $1 and they would have the better bid, No billion dollars of suburban grounds required

Which is the amount NSW has paid from 2019 anyway

The Great Dane

First Grade
Well I live in Lismore

Baselinepanther is a moron, but it’s not necessarily a question of either or. That’s a false dichotomy.

It’s unbelievable that PVL was stupid enough to fall into the trap of allowing the government to frame the discussion that way.

Latest posts