What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Green dies aged 49

JJ

Immortal
f**k me that's sad - so sorry for the family, so sad that he would be in that state and make that decision... just terrible in so many ways

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Absolutely shattered. Felt sick watching trent barrett have a gig but greeny not land somewhere. Amazing character and decent human being and will forever have a place in the hearts of north qld. RIP mate, thanks for everything. Pull up a stool next to graham murray and watch the boys win another one in a few weeks time

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I'm in shock and upset hearing of his passing and how he was going through a difficult time. 😭 😭

Absolutely shattered. Felt sick watching trent barrett have a gig but greeny not land somewhere. Amazing character and decent human being and will forever have a place in the hearts of north qld. RIP mate, thanks for everything. Pull up a stool next to graham murray and watch the boys win another one in a few weeks time

I remember him being interviewed after the GF win in 2015 and paid tribute to Murray and he should be recognised for turning the club around and getting them into a good position. I believe him and Murray wouldve worked together at Wynnum Manly I think.

So sad they are both no longer with us.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Every unexpected death is heartbreaking, however, suicide death hits so much more.

If anyone reading this is struggling with their psychological well-being, please reach out to someone or any of the organisations that can help. My DMs are always open and you can unload any kind of chat you need, without judgement.

Last edited:

Floodwaters

Juniors
His been interviewed for almost every job thats come up in the past 2 years and kept missing out, can't imagine that'd be easy.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Why take a pot shot at Barrett when this shit has just gone down. Maybe Greeny didn't need another HC role with the associated pressures.

Floodwaters

Juniors
Why take a pot shot at Barrett when this shit has just gone down. Maybe Greeny didn't need another HC role with the associated pressures.

tbh.. how the Cowboys faired his past couple seasons pretty much put Green on the coaching scrapheap, he wanted a job though, he applied for every recent job.

GongPanther

Referee
The club wanted Green the way I understand it but the NRL over-ruled them and told them to go Bennett the way I understand it.
I'm not following you. You are saying the NRL blocked a coach from a job? I read on the ABC website today that he had actually been in talks.

Sphagnum

Coach
Fmd. Rest In Peace Paul Green.

will always be remembered for his deeds in helping the Cowboys to their first premiership amongst his other feats as player and coach.

Sad day for the league community

Latest posts