What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greatest Side/Era put together!

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Even though the season is not complete yet, This current side (Last 4 years) in my eyes is greater than the 1989-1991 and 2003-2004 sides.

2 X Minor Premierships
1 x Premiership.

If we do not get that main title than it just wasn't mean to be. But the domination is justfied for my liking of Best side we ever had. 1991 will always be close to my heart and we would have dominated the 1990s if it wasn't for the death of Ben.

2003 was pretty much a 1 hit wonder came out of nowhere. Preston being the final jigsaw for that side.

What are your thoughts.

MugaB

Coach
This thread already exists...
Its called
PENRITH!!!!

Smug Panther

First Grade
How many make our best ever 17? Api and Yeo 100%. Nathan will surpass Brandy (we all know why he didn't have the career he should have). Fish at least makes the bench as well

Pomoz

Bench
How many make our best ever 17? Api and Yeo 100%. Nathan will surpass Brandy (we all know why he didn't have the career he should have). Fish at least makes the bench as well
Fish on the bench? You can can tell him, coz I aint. JFH is the best front rower we have had. He and Martie Lang would lock down that front row and wreak havoc.

John Hamblin

Juniors

No way API is in front of Craig Gower. Gower's toughness, will to win, skill are legendary. He carried the team on his back to many memorable victories.

Iamback

Coach
This year in particular, considering Nathan Cleary has missed a chunk of the season with injury/reps/suspension it would have to be the guttsiest.

This brings up an interesting point, Brandy and Gower are clearly club greats. Given Cleary has missed a huge part of the season, If we win the comp as a team does it put him past them due to winning more comps?

Iamback

Coach

Given no one has won multiple comps here, Certain positions like wing and even Fullback. The current crop will get in

Iamback

Coach
Flash is our best winger imo. Would probably have been our best fullback as well if Elliott had any idea

It wasn't as though he went on to carve up at Fullback after he left.

Lewis/Mansour would be my wingers given Lewis was a back when here, Both sit in top 5 on our try scorers list. Which is a wingers job really.

Yeo would be the best lock we had for sure

BossleyPanther

Juniors
This brings up an interesting point, Brandy and Gower are clearly club greats. Given Cleary has missed a huge part of the season, If we win the comp as a team does it put him past them due to winning more comps?
It's more of a team effort overall. I mean Brandy will always be my favourite. But Nathan is close.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It wasn't as though he went on to carve up at Fullback after he left.

Lewis/Mansour would be my wingers given Lewis was a back when here, Both sit in top 5 on our try scorers list. Which is a wingers job really.

Yeo would be the best lock we had for sure
Lewis would be the 14. Most versatile player I've seen

Sime_11

Juniors
Brandy & Gowie (unofficially) have Dally M's but Nathan has a Clive Churchill, more finals wins & a better regular season win % (albeit has played at least 100 games less than Brandy & Gowie).

the way Nathan is tracking you'd back him to be ahead when his future is done, but too close to call now.

Gower at 14 is a strong argument considering he played well both as hooker and a half.

Iamback

Coach
Lewis would be the 14. Most versatile player I've seen

He is but there a few positions stacked, So until a winger beats him

Wesser
Lewis
Girdler
Fittler
Mansour
Brandy
Gower
Geyer
Royce
Fish
Puletua
Waterhouse
Yeo

Cleary
Cartwright
Kikau
Waterhouse

Murraymob1

Juniors
Terry Geary is the toughest front rower to ever pull on a panther jersey for extra money he would bounce at the club and boy could he throw them

Latest posts