What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

qld redvee

Juniors
All our speculation is great and we do need mcullough to 'accept" the retirement angle
What worries me is how Griffin works his bench
We all want sullivan playing as 14 so he shares hooking half back with hunt liddle BUT I dare say elephant in the room will be MBYE remember griffin brought him as our utility we cant have him and bud on the bench
Another dilemma coming up

All our speculation is great and we do need mcullough to 'accept" the retirement angle
What worries me is how Griffin works his bench
We all want sullivan playing as 14 so he shares hooking half back with hunt liddle BUT I dare say elephant in the room will be MBYE remember griffin brought him as our utility we cant have him and bud on the bench
Another dilemma coming up
Nailed it. If Mbye gets picked ahead of a fit Bud, that would be our biggest mistake.

ralph18

Juniors
I know that ralph 18 alluded to Reece Robinson and we know you meant Robson baggygreen, but what ralph posted with the name of Reece Robinson is to do with what Mary called Robson a few years ago and that he was ignorant of the names of several of our juniors. I think that was what ralph was joking at.
Precisely!

(A moment in history never to be forgotten!)

I know that ralph 18 alluded to Reece Robinson and we know you meant Robson baggygreen, but what ralph posted with the name of Reece Robinson is to do with what Mary called Robson a few years ago and that he was ignorant of the names of several of our juniors. I think that was what ralph was joking at.
Really, did not know that. Well Mary lost the plot with some recruitees and releases but was not aware he had lost some marbles too.

macnaz

Staff member
Serious question as i didnt watch many Saints games , what was everyone thoughts on Mbye this year ?

macnaz

Staff member
40m per game in '22. When you compare that with Macca, 25m, not all that great. The best like Grant, Cook and Robson run double what Liddle does.
Like i mentioned earlier , if Liddle is to excel in running metres he needs a pack creating momentum just as the list has noted above.
Regardless of his runs and despite what you may hear i found games he went of through interchange the team direction turned to shit. So yes he can be a good runner but also directs play quite well.... but he hasnt been able to master 80 minutes.

mattchuot

Juniors
Serious question as i didnt watch many Saints games , what was everyone thoughts on Mbye this year ?
To be honest, I’d say he had more good games than bad. Nothing amazing but did what he was signed to do, fill the gaps. I think the main frustration with MBye is Hook kept picking him over the young kids. Obviously that is not his fault but a lot of the anger gets directed at him regardless.

possm

Coach
Hope Jacob goes well. He’s never been the same since he did his ACL, MCL and PCL in the same injury back in 2019. Considering he’s about to turn 26 I’m not sure he’ll suddenly regain his speed but who knows.

Solid defender who gives his all but only seems to be able to pass right to left. If you’re excited about him I highly suggest you DONT go back and watch the last minute of our game v you in Wollongong when we’re attacking your line. I wouldn’t want to kill your spirit.
A Liddle / Robson hooker rotation this season followed by our young gun / Robson in the hooker rotation in 2024, should do the trick nicely.

Hunt is a blocker taking up too much salary cap. I rather have a top-grade forward recruit added to the squad. Someone like David Fifitit would be a suitable replacement for Sims.

redv13

Bench
A Liddle / Robson hooker rotation this season followed by our young gun / Robson in the hooker rotation in 2024, should do the trick nicely.

Hunt is a blocker taking up too much salary cap. I rather have a top-grade forward recruit added to the squad. Someone like David Fifitit would be a suitable replacement for Sims.
Possm I love your enthusiasm but Fifita ain’t happening. Time to move on

Draginzaaar

Bench

Bloody Fifita again. Give it a rest Possum. He is not worth $1M.

True_Believer

Juniors

Robson also isn't coming for 2023. He's signed with the Cowboys until 2024.

SnowDragon

Juniors
To be honest, I’d say he had more good games than bad. Nothing amazing but did what he was signed to do, fill the gaps. I think the main frustration with MBye is Hook kept picking him over the young kids. Obviously that is not his fault but a lot of the anger gets directed at him regardless.
I think this is spot on.
can’t complain at Mbye at all. But we all want the young guys to be tested and developed. They need game time.