What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023-2028 next tv deal discussion

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth Guy hates Abdo/Vlandys because they went with Redcliffe over Perth. Has to be it.
Hate is a very strong word for someone you don’t know personally. dislike, distrust, despair would probably be more accurate descriptors. And nothing to do with dolphins, brisbane2 has been a no brainer for 20 years.

Last edited:
heres my perspective on gil the dill when dealing with far more serious issues in his sport

his sports administrators
coaches
players
& fans ..... are pretty much card carrying clan members unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
If he was fair dinkum about expansion he would have brought two clubs in when in the history of the sport has expansion not resulted in an even number of games.

vlandys is benefiting from being news corps yes man.
That’s the point,he’s only delivered two good things, and both of them have been at a high cost.
1. covid restart, but at the cost of hundreds of millions
2. expansion, but at the cost of actually not getting the brisbane2 the game needs and not getting any money for it

so the only two good things are not very good!

on the flipside
terrible tv deal costing the game a fortune
still no plan for game nine where the value is
a naming rights deal nearly half the value of afls
closing down an important arm of the digital strategy
Messing with the rules
Sydney stadium fiasco

and so it goes on. Yet still the sycophants praise him lol
oh but he does throw childish barbs at the sport that’s kicking our arse so all good there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You sure it’s not your perspective on AFL and it’s continued racism?
Tv rights thread, if I wanted to talk about the horrible racist problems their sport has I’d go to the fight club were it belongs, so let’s get back to tv deals.

That’s the point,he’s only delivered two good things, and both of them have been at a high cost.
1. covid restart, but at the cost of hundreds of millions
2. expansion, but at the cost of actually not getting the brisbane2 the game needs and not getting any money for it

so the only two good things are not very good!
🤣🤣🤣
how exactly was he going to get the game going again after covid without spending hundreds of millions you complete F wit ?

he posted a 43 million profit
while gil the drop kick posted a 43 mill loss .... only a vlandys hating clown could spin that negatively 🤣🤣🤣

Perth Red

Post Whore
🤣🤣🤣
how exactly was he going to get the game going again after covid without spending hundreds of millions you complete F wit ?

he posted a 43 million profit
while gil the drop kick posted a 43 mill loss .... only a vlandys hating clown could spin that negatively 🤣🤣🤣
By not signing us up to a tv extension deal at that moment in time that’s clearly now cost us hundreds of millions you pumpkin

so how you feeling about the fact that Vlandys and Abdo will deliver a revenue increase yr1 of a new tv deal that’s likely to be 2/3rds less than the previous two deals/ leaders of the game? You think they fcked up? yes or no?

2012-2013 $139mill increase
2017-2018 $143mil increase
2022-2023 ?

By not signing us up to a tv extension deal at that moment in time that’s clearly now cost us hundreds of millions you pumpkin

so how you feeling about the fact that Vlandys and Abdo will deliver a revenue increase yr1 of a new tv deal that’s likely to be 2/3rds less than the previous two deals/ leaders of the game? You think they fcked up? yes or no?

2012-2013 $139mill increase
2017-2018 $143mil increase
2022-2023 ?
you said spending hundreds of millions you soap dodging gronk

Perth Red

Post Whore
you said spending hundreds of millions you soap dodging gronk
I appreciate you probably never finished school so I’ll cut you some slack in not knowing the difference between spend and cost lol now go back and re-read what I put.

His actions have COST the game hundreds of millions, for those with comprehension difficulties. Not what we spent on covid response which was very necessary, but in siginifn tv deals during covid that have currently cost in the region of $500mill plus compared to our competitor.

so come on, looking at what previous nrl leaders have delivered in terms of revenue increase in yr1 of next tv deal do you think they’ve fcked up or not if they only deliver $50mill? and that’s being generous

Last edited:
I appreciate you probably never finished school so I’ll cut you some slack in not knowing the difference between spend and cost lol now go back and re-read what I put.

hmmmm
so..
you state he .. cost .. us hundreds of millions during covid .. not elaborating that you were referring to the tv deal because

further down on your whingey anti vlandys rant , you state the TV deal was ... also.. no good

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
i'd suggest you learn how to construct a post a bit better

theres a good clown

Perth Red

Post Whore
hmmmm
so..
you state he .. cost .. us hundreds of millions during covid .. not elaborating that you were referring to the tv deal because

further down on your whingey anti vlandys rant , you state the TV deal was ... also.. no good

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

theres a good clown
Did the deals get done during covid?
Did the covid situation influence the value of that tv deal?
did we give tens of millions in reductions we aren’t getting back? Has it turned out to have been a terrible decision to offer a 7 year new deal at that tumultuous time?
has it cost us hundreds of millions?
I think you’ll find the answer is yes to all of the above if you take your head out the sand for a moment.

$70-100mill covid reductions not recouped

2023 $402v433
2024 $402v433
2025 $402 v593
2026 $402v593
2027 $402v593

its literally the shttest tv deal done in the history of the nrl. heres hoping those Vlandys rabbits appear out of his sleeve soon!

Iamback

Coach
If he was fair dinkum about expansion he would have brought two clubs in when in the history of the sport has expansion not resulted in an even number of games.

vlandys is benefiting from being news corps yes man.

You need to be able to afford expansion, A QLD club ticks plenty of boxes. The harder stuff is better to wait

Did the deals get done during covid?
Did the covid situation influence the value of that tv deal?
did we give tens of millions in reductions we aren’t getting back? Has it turned out to have been a terrible decision to offer a 7 year new deal at that tumultuous time?
has it cost us hundreds of millions?
I think you’ll find the answer is yes to all of the above if you take your head out the sand for a moment.
🤣 🤣 🤣

Vlandys cost us hundreds of millions during covid
also the TV deal was bad

he got expansion wrong
also the TV deal was bad

the stadiums deal too
also the TV deal was bad

he bought a hotel too
also the TV deal was bad

he went to court with the NSWRL
also the TV deal was bad

yep thats about it

did I mention the TV deal was bad ?

yep
here he is again folks image7009191x.jpg

Iamback

Coach
hmmmm
so..

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

theres a good clown

He really has no idea

He continues to add Telstra to the AFL deal
Has no link to the Fox part of the NRL, Hell the fool can't even state if the $20m Fox are paying for Dolphins is part of the $402m figure he keeps sprouting

PVL said bad words about Perth and he loves AFL hence the sky is falling in attitude

Perth Red

Post Whore
🤣 🤣 🤣

Vlandys cost us hundreds of millions during covid
also the TV deal was bad

he got expansion wrong
also the TV deal was bad

the stadiums deal too
also the TV deal was bad

he bought a hotel too
also the TV deal was bad

he went to court with the NSWRL
also the TV deal was bad

yep thats about it

did I mention the TV deal was bad ?

yep
here he is again folks View attachment 66423

The tv deal was fine, Vlandys is doing a good job, games never been better, Abdo is a great ceo.

B488898E-1C8C-4CA4-AFFC-6711D3C8BFC1.jpeg