What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New recruits for 2023

He can take one for the team and play at hooker.
Club ahead of egos.

He is the best player in a bog average side.
Agree 100% on your first point.
Differ on second. JDB is our best player week in week out. The man is tireless. Ben is busy and is a good leader. He gets all the accolades if we win as he is the skipper and prime play maker. The other 16 get the kick in the bum if we lose tho while Ben seems to never cop any flack.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Yep agree with the majority in this thread re Hunt. To put the whole blocking Sullivan issue aside for one moment, it still makes Dragons position quite clear.

Right now the club is desperate for a bit of success.

While good players are taking less to stay at decent clubs, here he is trying to get every last dollar from us again. He is worth decent coin and while he fired the last two seasons, the seasons preceding that were underwhelming by his standards and he was effectively over paid for most of his time. He'd accept that fact and I do believe in the grand scheme this needs to be part of the equation from the club's position.

I'm not saying he isn't worth 900 but he isn't worth it to us given our up and coming talent in the halves. If he doesn't want to take one for the team he can take more money elsewhere and go through the hassle of uprooting his family and leaving the region that has treated him well without much upset from me.

When will we get the type of player that actually bleeds for the club, not just says he does? All our player seem happy to leave at the drop of a hat. No wonder we have a loser culture.

Mojo

Bench
Yeah but they say lots of stuff. How Do they know these details? I’m sure the club isn’t talking (getting them to talk is the problem usually), so I guess Hunts manager is trying to put the pressure on.
either that they are talking shit

possm

Coach
Absolute disaster if fat Albert is involved
didn’t have a role like this a few years ago and make an utter arse of it
At one stage, the highly experienced Peter Doust and Craig Young promised Brett Morris would receive a pay rise for taking a cut in order to stay within the salary cap. Only to see the Club renege on the deal and Morris moved to the Dogs.

since77

Juniors
First fan I have heard that from. You have it wrong way round. A stand out player in the worst pack. Other than seeing him every week.. his stats back up my comment.
Just my opinion. And you said he had been our best player week in, week out, which is nonsense. It’s been Hunt and daylight second. Anyway, name me a side in this years top 8 that JDB gets a starting jersey in?

Old Timer

Coach
He would be in most but would be in the 17 in all of them
Didn’t get a gig in SOO so not sure your statement is correct.
He is somewhat overrated in this place re his ball playing ability and his attack is limited compared to the best in the game
He is adequate but not special

dungay dragon

Juniors
Wow. I’ve clearly been watching a different Dragons team to you. JDB since his return from the stand down has become at best an average player in the worst forward pack in the NRL.
Seriously 😮
Go back and watch the majority of our games when JDB is off the field
Gaps everywhere esp up the middle
May not be in the highlight reels of Hunt n Co but does a lot of the mopping up and covering for some of our lazy defenders
Still one of the best hitters in the NRL

saintmar

Juniors
Seriously 😮
Go back and watch the majority of our games when JDB is off the field
Gaps everywhere esp up the middle
May not be in the highlight reels of Hunt n Co but does a lot of the mopping up and covering for some of our lazy defenders
Still one of the best hitters in the NRL
JDB has been our most consistent AND Best player all year.

since77

Juniors
JDB has been our most consistent AND Best player all year.
Wow. I’m amazed that anyone could think he’s been our best and most consistent player all year. He’s a plodder like the rest of our pathetic forward pack, albeit slightly better than the rest of the rabble Hook picks every week.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Thinking on 2023 side, currently seems to likely be, pre season not withstanding,
1. Ramsay
2. Feagai
3. Suli
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Amone
7. Hunt
8. JDB
9. Macca/Liddle/ Sullivan
10. Lawrie
11. Sua
12. Burns
13. Bird
14. Mbye/ Sullivan 15. F.Molo, 16. M. Molo, 17. ?
To me we are definitely an edge forward and a middle forward short. Our bench underwhelming too for mine.
I hope the rumours on Spencer Lenui are true, he is a beast! Still unsure how we get Sloan first grade experience saving injury or form slump.

Latest posts