What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench
Lets just focus on the game today I couldn’t give a shit about recruitment today.

Lets put our focus and energy where it needs to be.
On a different note, this game showed us a couple of positions we need to strengthen.
Honestly... we should go all out for tesi nui and play him at FB and put trell in the centres, first of all i cant believe he is fit enough, he needs to handle the ball alot more,5 carries for 40m from a million dollar player just isnt enough.
Cookie needs a bomb, his passes are diabolical and his running game nonexistent, if we paid him more than 500k for his extension we are lost,i doubt he makes the WCup squad.
Cartwright,milne kennar ,are just backups.
We need at least 3 backs with 1 a decent winger.
And we need at least 1 prop if not 2, our pack without thomas and havili are just too small,especially now the goat is gone.
We have freed up some money i hope we use it wisely

Runrabbit14

Juniors
On a different note, this game showed us a couple of positions we need to strengthen.
Honestly... we should go all out for tesi nui and play him at FB and put trell in the centres, first of all i cant believe he is fit enough, he needs to handle the ball alot more,5 carries for 40m from a million dollar player just isnt enough.
Cookie needs a bomb, his passes are diabolical and his running game nonexistent, if we paid him more than 500k for his extension we are lost,i doubt he makes the WCup squad.
And we need at least 1 prop if not 2, our pack without thomas and havili are just too small,especially now the goat is gone.
Yep, I thought Mitchell was timing his run to have a huge game last night and not sure why he went missing.

Cookie’s running game has gone awol we need Thompson to come good on the wing as his bulk and size is needed….

handyman2190

Bench
Yep, I thought Mitchell was timing his run to have a huge game last night and not sure why he went missing.

Cookie’s running game has gone awol we need Thompson to come good on the wing as his bulk and size is needed….
Thompson the games he played dosent seem fast enough,needs sprint training

Hellray

Juniors
If you move mitchell to centre would you then move Tass to wing? As then you wouldn’t be needing another winger maybe just another back up.
Plus should he or Graham be punished for great seasons and dumped to wing or Reggie’s just because Mitchell is moved?

finally I don’t disagree with maybe moving Mitchell for a different positions. But is Nui the best option? He can’t even get the FB gig Fulltime at the broncs, Martin outshone him there plus signing of Walsh shows they clearly have no faith in him.

how about we go after one of the more talented broncos that can’t get the FB spot in Farnsworth (who can also play centre) or Cobbo?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If you move mitchell to centre would you then move Tass to wing? As then you wouldn’t be needing another winger maybe just another back up.
Plus should he or Graham be punished for great seasons and dumped to wing or Reggie’s just because Mitchell is moved?

finally I don’t disagree with maybe moving Mitchell for a different positions. But is Nui the best option? He can’t even get the FB gig Fulltime at the broncs, Martin outshone him there plus signing of Walsh shows they clearly have no faith in him.

how about we go after one of the more talented broncos that can’t get the FB spot in Farnsworth (who can also play centre) or Cobbo?
Good points.
As a big believer that Trell should be FB, I'm starting to waver on this.
For me the issue is involvement. I can cop the lack of running the ball from his goal line, but to wait until Souths are attacking in the red zone to get his hands on the ball just isn't enough. Also, the "hot potato" passing is great and all, but sometimes he needs to go himself and hit the line, especially when we are in their red zone.
Anyway, I just don't see how we move him back to centre without creating disharmony, and also, like you said, where does Tass or Graham go? I was very impressed with Tass, he got better quickly from his debut, he deserves to stay at C for the time being.
Farnsworth would be good, I can't see the Broncos letting Cobbo go. And there is the Dolphins who are going to net available talent, making harder to get these guys on the fringe.
I think we need more BIG fowards. We should consider trying to keep Tom for 2 more years, or at least one + option, hopefully Fifita can be a mainstay in the 17, Moale will be good, but we need at least 2 more rotational props.

handyman2190

Bench

Cobbo was just resigned.
Farnworth is signed for 23 and i dont know how good a FB he is, but tesi nui was playing good and is originally a centre,so if latrell stays st FB can play centre

Rabbit57

Juniors

Charlie Staines might benefit from a change of clubs. When Taylan May is available Penrith don’t pick him.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If Trell is moved to centre, would you switch Graham to FB?
Interesting thought.
The biggest negative I see is overcoming the disharmony it'd create.
With that aside, it could work, but I don't know how good Campbell could be in support play, on either side of the ruck.
Latrell is great at that, the problem is his involvement is 1/3 of what it should be.
All I know is Taafe is not the answer, the probable plan was Sualli until he dogged us.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
No of course not campbell would be latrells yang, attack,defence with isaia on the wing
I get what you're saying, so with that in mind, a starting winger, a back up W/C plus Thompson, Kennar, Milne, plus the young guys already signed should be enough.
My view is we need forwards. I mean BIG, aggressive, mobile, ball-playing ones. Front rowers.
We've generally held our own, but we lack depth in size and aggression.
Look at Canberra, they went as far as they did solely based on their forward pack. If we had that in our depth, the backs would have the roll on and space to run riot

handyman2190

Bench
We won’t be signing much our cap is tight and roster close to set for 2023.
How do you know this?
From what ive worked out,
Mansour was on 400k
Goat i estimate 300k
There is a couple more going, plus cookie was on 850k his new deal cant be more than 500k
Ok we bought fafita, increased ilias, and latrell, id say cody stays on his 700.
Nicorema on 150k is gone
There must be $ left

Rabbits20

Immortal
I get what you're saying, so with that in mind, a starting winger, a back up W/C plus Thompson, Kennar, Milne, plus the young guys already signed should be enough.
My view is we need forwards. I mean BIG, aggressive, mobile, ball-playing ones. Front rowers.
We've generally held our own, but we lack depth in size and aggression.
Look at Canberra, they went as far as they did solely based on their forward pack. If we had that in our depth, the backs would have the roll on and space to run riot
I do not see us buying more forwards we have

Tatola
Cook
Sele
Keaon
Arrow
Murray

Mamozelos
Host
Havili
Tom

Moale