What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday GRAND FINAL 2/10/22: PARRAMATTA EELS v Penrith Panthers

JokerEel

Coach
She called some of the players and antics that go on at the club childish 2 weeks ago radio when the nepotism report got leaked.

I have no doubt that's filtered back.

She had also been critical of Jake's selection which wouldn't have pleased Brad at all.

You hear her on the radio trying to make up news to get Voss and Brandy something to talk about.
She will be at Penriths training today talking them up.

Glenneel

Bench
This Grand final appearance feels so more satisfying then 2009 i feel.

This will be the 3rd GF of my lifetime for the Eels after 2001 & 2009.

Those 8 years between 01 & 09 weren't as tough as the past 13 years.

2001 - I was 7 years old and basically only watched footy for 2-3 years and parra were in the finals every year. I just expected we would be there again next year and win the comp.

2009 - Blur we had a great 3 month ride it happened so quick you blinked and it was gone.

Since 2009 we have won 3 wooden spoons and spent 7 years in the doldrums with off field dramas, scandals and garbage performances.

There were times like 2011- 2013 where you felt it was so hard to see us win a game let alone think we will evet make the GF again we were down the bottom and the road ahead looked impossible.

Then the 2016 salary cap where the club endured 4 months off scrutiny and embarrassment.

If we win next week there are lot fans been waiting longer then me 23 years I would say as 1999 my first season I remember as an Eels fan. But every Eels fan deserves it we have endured plenty and the journey will worth the wait especially those who like me probably doubted at times we would ever see us win a premiership again or for the 1st time like me in there lifetime.

I can't wait for the next 9 days it hopefully is the greatest week and half of my life so far.

And I think i won't be going to work to at least Thursday after the Grand Final.
With all the shit hitting the fan over Parras forward pass last week what about our 2017 final game against Storm. With Cam Smith's record breaking game the NRL were never going to let us win that! Cheats threw a 8 metre forward pass that was let go for their first try and a pass from us that went every direction EXCEPT forward was ruled on by the bunker, after a cursory 1 sec look, as forward which everyone else thought was ok. There are countless other examples of us being duded by forward pass calls against us or let go with other teams that finally its a bit of luck going our way for once.

King-Gutho94

Coach
With all the shit hitting the fan over Parras forward pass last week what about our 2017 final game against Storm. With Cam Smith's record breaking game the NRL were never going to let us win that! Cheats threw a 8 metre forward pass that was let go for their first try and a pass from us that went every direction EXCEPT forward was ruled on by the bunker, after a cursory 1 sec look, as forward which everyone else thought was ok. There are countless other examples of us being duded by forward pass calls against us or let go with other teams that finally its a bit of luck going our way for once.
Well the NRL admitted Leuilua try shouldn't have been awarded as well so swings in roundabouts.

Cowboys were lucky against tigers late in the year with a controversial decision.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I just think we need to f**king bash em!!!!

Especially that pampered little Tik tok fart sniffer Cleary. f**king smash them!!!
I think thats why BA has brought nathan brown back in tbh.

He has realised they need someone to bash cleary up and the reality is we need Paulo & RCG's energy more when carting the ball up. We need that one hound dog in defence that will be in Cleary's face.

He has lost 2 unloseable series as Halfback and both series were lost when QLD dragged the game into a dogfight.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hopefully young Jake steps up this week and tells the coach he's probably better off picking 17 first graders as, you know, kinda important game. For those saying it's working so far I say bullshit, we might have gotten wins but his play had very little and usually nothing to do with those wins. You're young Jake, plenty of time to earn a spot in a grand final team.

We've established he is ordinary. But also established hr is in the 17 to cover our halves and Hooker and won't see game time unless one gets injured.
At this stage I am unsure the alternative tbh. Unless pick Bryce who did a peanut play.
It would be kind of magic but to see Bryce do something special and help win the game against his former club.

King-Gutho94

Coach
What would be the best way to get back to Parramatta from Accor after the game.

Train or 525 bus

None of the special event buses head into Parramatta going off the transport website post match.

Glenneel

Bench
Yes Nrown in and Carty staying so BA drops his son. What's the chances of that? 100-1 against probably but definitely the better bench particularly if they all play decent minutes. Both middles and edge forwards need a rest during game imho. We need to maintain the rage for the whole 80 min to win. Also we need to slow down the ruck more, we're forever getting up too quickly while every other team lays on us for an age with impunity.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've heard a bit of a rumour there is a growing number of Parra fans who are going to be driving around the streets of Penrith Saturday night beeping horns/firework and being loud in the very early mornings. Unsure how true but from what I known is a list of players addresses are on record and will be targeted.

We've established he is ordinary. But also established hr is in the 17 to cover our halves and Hooker and won't see game time unless one gets injured.
At this stage I am unsure the alternative tbh. Unless pick Bryce who did a peanut play.
It would be kind of magic but to see Bryce do something special and help win the game against his former club.
I'd just bring Nrown in for JA. Forwards are the most likely ones to go down.

Latest posts