What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks 16’ vs Sharks 22’

Chimp

Bench
Bored… So…. We finished 2nd, so a very successful regular season - our most successful since 2016, so it got me wondering, how many of todays team would get a game in that 2016 GF team.

Barba 1 Kennedy
Feki 2 Katoa
Bird 3 Ramien
Loots 4 Talakai
Holmes 5 Ronnie
Maloney 6 Moylan
Chad 7 Hynes
Feefs (2016) 8 Toby
Ennis 9 Brailey
Prior 10 Hunt
Lewis 11 Nikora
Wade (2016) 12 Wade (2022)
Gal 13 Finucane
Beale 14 McInnes
Heighno 15 BHU
Taga 16 Feefs (2022)
Boogs 17 Wilton

- I reckon Chad is a the only starter to miss out from 16’, with Hynes in
- Beale misses out for Talakai on the bench

Other than that, I think that’s it. Ronnie could make a claim for Feki’s spot, but Feki was an absolute beast it of yardage that year, so gets there on delivery. You could possible mount an argument for Dale/BHU to snick a bench spot off Taga, but Dale isn’t really that impact type, and again Taga played his role perfectly, just giving Feefs enough of a breather to go again.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Good thread.

This exact comparison is why I look at our exit and feel “ok” with how it ended up.

Firstly and I’ve mentioned it before we dont have a “superstar” in the team, no game breaker that wows the crowd like a barba or holmes.

Secondly we did benefit from a favourable draw, yes we won the games but we all know we didn’t play well in a whole heap of them.

Not to mention no team gets near Penrith anyway.

A good year for sponsors, recruitment (longer term), Fitz confidence and next years membership sales.

Special K

Coach
Secondly we did benefit from a favourable draw, yes we won the games but we all know we didn’t play well in a whole heap of them.
We won the comp in 2016 thanks to our draw.

We went from round 1 in NQ to games in NSW until round 21 on the gold coast(one game in Canberra round 7). Our 2016 draw was insane from a travel perspective.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Only Briton remained elite, and huge shoes to fill, Luke Lewis I woulkd give 5 goats to marry my daughter..That ship sailed.

But serious Briton is our only elite player. Maybe Ronnie, but he needs to calm down.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I think Uele could be @ 13, not sure Fitz can make that happen.

Did the lazy the man has skills.

Eion

First Grade
I’ve got Ronnie over Feki, Ramien over loots, dally m over Chad. 4 forward on the bench. Give me Finucane, Sifa, McInnes. Keep boogs, lose Hieghno, taga, Beale.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Man could be a slip fielder, up there with Mark Waugh at second, maybe not Jonty Rhodes at point, or the Tasmanian. Man is the most skillful in our squad, needs Fitz to beat the lazy out of him.

Latest posts