What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2022 discussion

snickers007

Juniors
Few injuries for Samoa messed up their rotations, forcing some to play much longer minutes.

Plus their spine is terrible. Neither Milford or Luai have any game management, Danny Levi has the slowest dummy half service in the game, and Suaalii is simply not a fullback.

Thought England played at 3-4 gears above Samoa all game. Great line speed, tackled in pairs, and played at the advantage line.

Best we can hope for with this Samoan team is that the Panthers cohort come home uninjured.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I'll die on this hill and I know I'm f**king right. Burton is such a better footballer than Luai and no one try the hEs A bEtTeR fIT wItH cLeRy shit

snickers007

Juniors
I'll die on this hill and I know I'm f**king right. Burton is such a better footballer than Luai and no one try the hEs A bEtTeR fIT wItH cLeRy shit

Cleary and Burton never played together to establish any kind of 'fit'. I'll admit, I was one who thought they were too alike to work together. But seeing Burton this year, I reckon it would have been epic to see.

Luai has had the easiest job in the world. Let Cleary do all the hard stuff, and he just needs to feed Kikau, Tago/Burton, May/To'o as they stroll into a yawning gap.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Cleary and Burton never played together to establish any kind of 'fit'. I'll admit, I was one who thought they were too alike to work together. But seeing Burton this year, I reckon it would have been epic to see.

Luai has had the easiest job in the world. Let Cleary do all the hard stuff, and he just needs to feed Kikau, Tago/Burton, May/To'o as they stroll into a yawning gap.
Not saying Luai is bad but he needs "merkin" in his game to fire. It was no where to be seen tonight. He's on holiday it seems

Munky

Coach
Penrith are such a good side because of the dominant middle.

Yeoweh and Fish (with Leota to a lesser extent) are the James Hetfields of the NRL. They zero in on their rhythm and are near perfect.

Yeo is a human metronome in attack and defence with everything he does being executed at the highest possible level.

Luai and the other blokes are now going to be playing an extended run of games without the best player in the game making all the decisions off the ruck. Hopefully they learn the lesson that they are just bit parts in a great scheme.

Even better if the WC plummets their market values.

Also, big kudos to Huth who did a fantastic job filling in for Yeo this year. No wonder Ivan gave him his ring since Penrith lock is probably the toughest role in the game.

It's disgraceful that Yeo isn't the first name on the Kangaroos' team sheet.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It’s understandable. The Samoan contingent of Penrith men are those within your club that outsiders do not like the most. It’s nice to see them shown up because they aren’t as good as it is claimed they are.
Damn those uppity blacks aye

You deadshit

Murraymob1

Juniors
It’s understandable. The Samoan contingent of Penrith men are those within your club that outsiders do not like the most. It’s nice to see them shown up because they aren’t as good as it is claimed they are.
3 grand final in a row says your wrong.The difference between the best and worst player in the pacific teams is way wider than the big 3 teams

Munky

Coach
3 grand final in a row says your wrong.The difference between the best and worst player in the pacific teams is way wider than the big 3 teams

It's the system.

Luai, Critter and Leniu are low involvement players when on the back foot.

It just happens so rarely at Penrith.

To'o will beast it at all times but can be taken out of the game if the rest of the back three are weak ball runners.