What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Games Are You Playing?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I played a couple years back it was okay. Since I didn't play on its original release it didn't have me spellbound.
Fred is talking about the new one, done by the original creator Ron Gilbert

I grew up on Point and Click Adventure games in the 90s so obviously a huge amount of nostalgia attached to them. I played Curse of Monkey Island the other week as a lead up to Return and still thought it was great

Fangs

Coach
Fred is talking about the new one, done by the original creator Ron Gilbert

I grew up on Point and Click Adventure games in the 90s so obviously a huge amount of nostalgia attached to them. I played Curse of Monkey Island the other week as a lead up to Return and still thought it was great

I played a weird one called Titanic. Very quirky. Not many others. I wish I still had the DOS floppy discs from Go-Lo. My first game was Desert Storm Command. Brother owned Blake Stone which was a Doom rip off.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I played a weird one called Titanic. Very quirky. Not many others. I wish I still had the DOS floppy discs from Go-Lo. My first game was Desert Storm Command. Brother owned Blake Stone which was a Doom rip off.

I never played Titanic, in the late 90s adventure games lost their way and went to the realistic graphics/first person which Ididn’t work for the genre. Over the past decade they’ve really made a comeback though and there’s been some absolute gems.

Fangs

Coach
I never played Titanic, in the late 90s adventure games lost their way and went to the realistic graphics/first person which Ididn’t work for the genre. Over the past decade they’ve really made a comeback though and there’s been some absolute gems.

Its a frustrating one but rewarding. Multiple endings and all that. The Steam version isn't perfect so you'd have to put up with some annoying shit to play it.

Yep if there are good ones link em over ill check them out.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Deathloop

Soooo much fun. Arkane Studios sure make some awesome game worlds.

NBA 2k23

Probably the best basketball game ever.

However, I hate that they force you to play online against selfish players (who don't play as a team), in order to unlock equipment, or fast track your My Career player's progression.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah, I really enjoyed Deathloop.
I don't bother with sports games these days though.

I love the idea of creating your own player, and guiding them through their career.

But something as simple as, say, a shooting sleeve, needs to be unlocked by playing online.

And online players are selfish, and not team players - how can you get any points, or assists, or anything like that, when they won't play as a team?

It irritates me no end.

I don't want to play online.

Eelectrica

Referee
I love the idea of creating your own player, and guiding them through their career.

But something as simple as, say, a shooting sleeve, needs to be unlocked by playing online.

And online players are selfish, and not team players - how can you get any points, or assists, or anything like that, when they won't play as a team?

It irritates me no end.

I don't want to play online.
Yeah. The online live as service thing is a huge turnoff for me.
Just not interested in dealing with that while trying to relax.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I tried to play an online game of 2 V 2 to try to unlock some shooter's sleeves - this kid kept telling me to play defence, even though he was hanging around at half court, screaming for the ball, when he wasn't even open.

I quit after 30 seconds.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Recently got my PS5 and playing Horizon Forbidden West. Love those open world type games.

Question - what should I play next? Elden Ring I am thinking

Apey

Staff member
Starting to go through games I bought in Steam and never played. Hollow Knight is a ton of fun, but endgame is too hard for me. I'm past my prime.
Hah 10 days later and I'm smashing it. At least, what I thought was the endgame. Super fun and trying to 100% it now on steam.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I tried to play an online game of 2 V 2 to try to unlock some shooter's sleeves - this kid kept telling me to play defence, even though he was hanging around at half court, screaming for the ball, when he wasn't even open.

I quit after 30 seconds.
My advice brother, get a group of players you know/have played with before, and just play online with them - The dumb f**ks on there are annoying so I only play online with a very select group of people (some actual mates, others I've just met while playing)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Just wrapped up my replay of God of War to prepare for Ragnarok, I have now moved on to Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. You wouldn't assume that iterating on something as lowkey as rumble in controllers would prove to have such a huge impact on the experience, but bugger me if the Dualsense is not a fascinating piece of hardware in what it does. The subtle sensation of individual bits and bolts being sucked in to your character, and the sensation of bouncing on objects like parade floats, actually feeling it in your hands and it feels genuinely authentic is pretty insane.

We've come a long way since the Rumble Pack and Dualshock 1.

Apey

Staff member
Just wrapped up my replay of God of War to prepare for Ragnarok, I have now moved on to Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart. You wouldn't assume that iterating on something as lowkey as rumble in controllers would prove to have such a huge impact on the experience, but bugger me if the Dualsense is not a fascinating piece of hardware in what it does. The subtle sensation of individual bits and bolts being sucked in to your character, and the sensation of bouncing on objects like parade floats, actually feeling it in your hands and it feels genuinely authentic is pretty insane.

We've come a long way since the Rumble Pack and Dualshock 1.
Wish they'd release Rift Apart on PC. Love Ratchet and Clank.

Playing the C&C remastered collection atm. Still fun after all this time.

This Year?

Immortal
Just finished Resident Evil 8 on Village of Shadows mode. The Heisenberg battle is one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever had with 200+ attempts to beat it.
The game is beautiful overall though.

Munky

Coach
Finished Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 last week.

Fell off it in April when I started it, it's a weird moment to moment game.

Some bits reach the same heights as the Witcher 3 while others feel like a bad FPS.

The open world is a waste of time and not fun to move around in.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Been playing Grounded a lot since it kicked out of beta and into full release. So much fun if you enjoyed Honey I Shrunk the Kids back in the day.

Latest posts