What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade

BIG RIG

Juniors
Hearing Spencer Leniu has joined the Bulldogs

f**king seriously what is it that these shit ass clubs like the Tigers and Bulldogs offer that is so different to our shit ass club

they are going out and signing marquee players and we are stuck with a roster which in my honest opinion is the weakest in the whole competition for 2023

jak

Bench

f**king seriously what is it that these shit ass clubs like the Tigers and Bulldogs offer that is so different to our shit ass club

they are going out and signing marquee players and we are stuck with a roster which in my honest opinion is the weakest in the whole competition for 2023
players want to go to a club that have a coach.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach

No way seriously how can they afford everyone under the cap?

Dragon David

First Grade
GUS GOULD !!!
This is what I wrote in the New Recruits thread a few days ago -

"I know that a lot of the journalists are reporting stories of some good, possibly marquee players are being sought after by the Dogs/Tigers etc and to be put into positions that boost their squad and I should take what they are reporting with a grain of salt but it is depressing to read about them while we just sign up the mediocre ones and so far not too many."

We all know that the club has been just useless with their recruitment in the past X amount of years that by now you would think that they would know what they want, who they want and how they should go about getting the RIGHT players that we really need to enable us to be much more competitive. The Bulldogs and Tigers have left us for dead well and truly on who they are targeting and getting and in the past few years we were stronger and able to beat them in games. They will turn that around next year.

I don't think that we need too much more to be an improvement for next year. Our backs aren't too bad but we need much stronger forwards who can help with improving our attack and defence. Also, Hook and his new assistants need to work out greater methods in ensuring our attack and defence is much better and work as a team.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I heard they off loaded schoupp, allen been told dont bother attending training and jackson retiring. would free up some cash.
Schoupp is on nothing low tier contract, Allen probably $200k Jackson was on a bit of coin,( while playing on $500k when he retires $750k), but when you look at their squad Kikau, Burton, Addo Carr Mahoney TPJ Sutton Flanagan all big money signings, Davey and Pele are also signed up sure not big names but not cheap either.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
They are keeping Hook which is a huge issue in terms of recruitment as we has seen in the past what type of players he likes e.g Norman (Mary brought him in but Hook wanted to retain him), McCullough, Woods, Maguire. If Saints give him some say in recruitment for 2023 which will be his last year we hope, then the new coach will have an even bigger mess to clean up. Luckily Macca's last year as he looks to be staying and we are hoping Woods goes to the Tigers. They my be waiting to free up as much cap space as possible for the new coach when he comes in which we hope will have a better idea of players required that actually are young, quick, and skillful which are not a Hook trait in terms of recruitment. He like old, slow, ill disciplined and experienced guys that are hanging on longer to their careers than necessary. Saints probably just buy guys to fill gaps for now. 2023 will feel like an off season preparing for 2024 unfortunately.

I am hoping Browny comes in and looks after recruitment for Saints. If he does a review he will see nepotism deluxe under Hooks coaching.

dungay dragon

Juniors
They are keeping Hook which is a huge issue in terms of recruitment as we has seen in the past what type of players he likes e.g Norman (Mary brought him in but Hook wanted to retain him), McCullough, Woods, Maguire. If Saints give him some say in recruitment for 2023 which will be his last year we hope, then the new coach will have an even bigger mess to clean up. Luckily Macca's last year as he looks to be staying and we are hoping Woods goes to the Tigers. They my be waiting to free up as much cap space as possible for the new coach when he comes in which we hope will have a better idea of players required that actually are young, quick, and skillful which are not a Hook trait in terms of recruitment. He like old, slow, ill disciplined and experienced guys that are hanging on longer to their careers than necessary. Saints probably just buy guys to fill gaps for now. 2023 will feel like an off season preparing for 2024 unfortunately.

I am hoping Browny comes in and looks after recruitment for Saints. If he does a review he will see nepotism deluxe under Hooks coaching.
FFS the Club tells Sponsors , Supporters , Members , Fans and Broadcast partners
' 2023 in Dragon Land will be a write off as we prepare better for 2024 "
Major Sponsors should be asking the hard questions of the Board as to WTF is happening
Seriously , We have a Board , CEO and Coach that are so inept and out of touch that it is embarrassing .
This once great Club is on Life Support and No one within the place appears to give a toss .
No one of note will sign with us due to uncertainty over the Coach
We have had Flanagan as our recruitment guy , who the whole time has been shopping himself around for a gig with anyone wanting to take him
We have young players being told " hang tough , the present Coach wont be there next year "
We have a CEO who commented players signings imminent prior to commencement of pre season ....Nothing
We have just lost our Dragons boss due to an innocent embarrassing lapse of judgement
The place is an absolute basket case ,
Whats the answer ??
Complete strip out of Board , Coach and deadwood in the playing ranks to start with
Make a decision on a sole playing venue Kogarah or the Gong
We are prostituted all over the place worse than the Wests Tigers
I fear for the future . The stronger well run Clubs are getting more powerful while Clubs like ours are dying a slow painful death

Gareth67

First Grade
FFS the Club tells Sponsors , Supporters , Members , Fans and Broadcast partners
Major Sponsors should be asking the hard questions of the Board as to WTF is happening
Seriously , We have a Board , CEO and Coach that are so inept and out of touch that it is embarrassing .
This once great Club is on Life Support and No one within the place appears to give a toss .
We have had Flanagan as our recruitment guy , who the whole time has been shopping himself around for a gig with anyone wanting to take him
We have young players being told " hang tough , the present Coach wont be there next year "
We have a CEO who commented players signings imminent prior to commencement of pre season ....Nothing
We have just lost our Dragons boss due to an innocent embarrassing lapse of judgement
Whats the answer ??
Complete strip out of Board , Coach and deadwood in the playing ranks to start with
I fear for the future . The stronger well run Clubs are getting more powerful while Clubs like ours are dying a slow painful death
Excellent post dungay dragon .

BIG RIG

Juniors
Whats the answer ??
2024 ain’t gonna be anything special at this rate

couldn’t get a look into signing Robson before he stayed at Cows

Liam Martin staying at Penrith

David Fifita looking likely to either stay at GC or go to Canberra

and even if we had a shot a Leniu he looks like he is jumping on the Gus bandwagon at the Doggies

and we Hasler getting into legal action and with know one knowing if he will coach again and Flanno off to Manly we don’t even have anyone who I think would be a legitimate coach for us

we are in a shambles

Budpower

Juniors

and even if we had a shot a Leniu he looks like he is jumping on the Gus bandwagon at the Doggies

and we Hasler getting into legal action and with know one knowing if he will coach again and Flanno off to Manly we don’t even have anyone who I think would be a legitimate coach for us

we are in a shambles
Cheika

slippery5

Juniors
I didn’t realise how good Grant is, his numbers are very impressive. No wonder the Storm were happy to let Brandon Smith walk.
Matty Johns talked about him being good enough to play SOO when he had only played Q Cup games.
I've also watched him playing through the system in the Falcons with Hynes playing in the halves. That's why I used to giggle, about people questioning Hynes not experienced in playing #7

possm

Coach

we are in a shambles
Former Chairman Craig Youg!

BLM01

First Grade
Whats the answer ??
Least they are telling us all the truth