What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yep, it sure will.

As for DeSantis winning yeah I dunno. Trump is by far the better public performer in a lot of folks eyes, but then the establishment GOP is looking more and more like it wants no part of him anymore.

So it depends on whether Maga or The GOP prevail, hardcore Maga won't accept a Trump loss any more than they did in 2020 and It may take a willingness to blow up the party to be done with Trump, I aint so sure that when faced with oblivion or Trump they ( the GOP ) would be willing to choose the former.
DeSantis is much more outspoken and hardcore conservative than those that ran in 2016. He's Trump without all the weird shit that Trump does. He'll appeal to a lot of people looking for someone to stand up for the same values but do so in a more professional manner. Hardcore Maga alone won't be enough for Trump, but thats increasingly all that he has left.

Bandwagon

Staff member
DeSantis is much more outspoken and hardcore conservative than those that ran in 2016. He's Trump without all the weird shit that Trump does. He'll appeal to a lot of people looking for someone to stand up for the same values but do so in a more professional manner. Hardcore Maga alone won't be enough for Trump, but thats increasingly all that he has left.

For sure, but that's part of what I'm saying. The opposite also applies, no Maga = no GOP election win.

Unlike here where they might just go f**k it, we don't want to vote GOP but we really don't want a Dem win so they'd vote GOP at least as first preference, the problem is they have to get the base out to vote in the first place.

So what you get is the party that motivates it's base to actually vote inevitably wins. Now Maga is a pretty significant part of the base, and they are Trump voters first, and GOP second, if Trump is running around saying the nomination was stolen from him by the GOP establishment, and you can near guarantee if he loses that's what he does, then where's the motivation for Maga to vote DeSantis? It aint there, and many of those folk will stay home.

On the other hand, perversely Trump also provided motivation for Dem voters to get out and vote, so no Trump and maybe Dem numbers fall enough for a DeSantis win by default. But relying on that would be a brave strategy cotton.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
For sure, but that's part of what I'm saying. The opposite also applies, no Maga = no GOP election win.

Unlike here where they might just go f**k it, we don't want to vote GOP but we really don't want a Dem win so they'd vote GOP at least as first preference, the problem is they have to get the base out to vote in the first place.

So what you get is the party that motivates it's base to actually vote inevitably wins. Now Maga is a pretty significant part of the base, and they are Trump voters first, and GOP second, if Trump is running around saying the nomination was stolen from him by the GOP establishment, and you can near guarantee if he loses that's what he does, then where's the motivation for Maga to vote DeSantis? It aint there, and many of those folk will stay home.

On the other hand, perversely Trump also provided motivation for Dem voters to get out and vote, so no Trump and maybe Dem numbers fall enough for a DeSantis win by default. But relying on that would be a brave strategy cotton.
I think motivating your base to vote is one thing, but that alone wasn't enough for Trump against Biden. I think the key thing is to claim someone else's and gain seats in areas where you aren't expected to. DeSantis is a much greater chance of doing that.

But, I agree that it may count for little if you have an Orange Man shit bagging you and your party the whole time.

Trump is essentially holding his own party hostage.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Not really.

Maybe like 10% or 20% of it, which are the "toss-ups" that decide the election, but most districts are very decidedly red or blue.
It was a smart arse comment about how misleading the big circles map is. Its not really showing how people voted because its still just showing who won the popular vote in each state. For example, 6 million people in California voted red.

The best method would be to show shades of blue and red.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Single Ladies Beyonce GIF

Gronk

Staff member
I would be keen to see a third colour of the merkins who CBFd to vote.
NSFW.

Political commentator has a rant after Kari Lake lost Governor race for Arizona. He f bombs that there was a reason why their founding fathers didn’t make voting compulsory.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so morons and single white females shouldn't vote ?

gee nothing wrong with that place

Gronk

Staff member
Using excess energy from the grid to pump it up higher is hardly sustainable.
Not a fan ? The Yancoal Mine site would offer the same capacity as the Tesla battery when it was first installed installed in South Australia. I would have though that it compliments a solar farm / wind farm and certainly costs less than large storage lithium and would be far more environmentally friendly. You don't need to dig a 500m deep shaft and use existing mining infrastructure, so the hard work is largely done.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It relies on excess energy when the demand is low, so technically it uses power to provide the potential energy which makes the claim of sustainability moot

Latest posts