What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

the phantom menace

First Grade
🤔
Plenty of info out there - current because the orange man formally announced he's in the ring to try and get into the 2024 presidential elections (if he avoids criminal charges between now and then).

Eelogical

Referee
🤔
Plenty of info out there - current because the orange man formally announced he's in the ring to try and get into the 2024 presidential elections (if he avoids criminal charges between now and then).
I'm quite aware of the volumes of info out there on the person in question. I'm just interested in your point of view on his taste in peanuts, so to speak.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Like you, I have no dog in the fight. I'm just curious why fellow aussies can be so divisive when it comes to American politics, especially considering the offerings on both sides.
It's just the same division we have here and then turned up to 11. But yeah, Sleepy Joe Vs The Orange Man, there's nothing much there to get invested in beyond the entertainment.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Even happier with the principled stand taken by the Diamonds now, after this piece of work was spotted in the peanut gallery.

Gina Rinehart seen at Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential bid announcement​

The mining billionaire was seen in the background of an Instagram snap posted by Trump’s son Eric, who posed alongside his wife Lara.

1668598345242.png

Gronk

Staff member
Even happier with the principled stand taken by the Diamonds now, after this piece of work was spotted in the peanut gallery.

Gina Rinehart seen at Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential bid announcement​

The mining billionaire was seen in the background of an Instagram snap posted by Trump’s son Eric, who posed alongside his wife Lara.

View attachment 68193
Looks photoshopped.

Gronk

Staff member
His nomination to run for POTUS was the earliest in history. Plenty of speculation as to why, but he’s got got two grand jury indictments against him, a charge in NYC for gaining money by deception. It’s fascinating how he is made of teflon.

So he’s still complaining that the 2020 election was rigged, as was the 2022 election. So if/when DeSantis wins the race for republican nominee, will that system be rigged too ?

Meanwhile it seems inevitable that the GOP will gain control of the house and will cancel the Jan 6 hearings. Extraordinary.

Anyway, keep the memes coming I say.

1668628832066.jpeg

the phantom menace

First Grade
It will be entertaining again - right up until the orange man realises he doesn't have the same support this time, and pulls the pin on his campaign at some stage in the republican primaries.

Gronk

Staff member
Yesterday was the final sitting of NSW parliament before the election on 25 March, 2023.

We are now in election mode, so expect the unexpected.

Noting what is happening 7 days out from the Vic election, I wonder how hard News Ltd / SkyNews will go against Chris Minns ? Does he actually have any skeletons in his closet ?

The noise against Dan Andrews one week away from their election is vocal across social and traditional media. Notwithstanding all efforts Ladbrokes are just not interested.

D708D22E-4ACE-47BA-A7D2-6D1B1EADAD3D.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
What did Rupert say via New York Post about the Don going around again in 2024 ?

Nothing except for this on page 26.

20221118_080149.jpg

the phantom menace

First Grade
Oh no 4 months of pre-election crap promises and gotcha moments in NSW... no wonder Perrottet finally "gave in" and actually met with the rail union, as had been requested for six months.