What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BIG RIG

Juniors
Canberra and Sharks have signed 1 player for 2023. Manly and Cowboys 2 players which one of those is Gosiewski and the Rabbitohs have signed none. Saints are not the only team not keeping up with the likes of the Dogs and Tigers in player recruitment.

The Management is a mess at Saints and after Hooks extension and disastrous signings of Burgess, Maguire, McCullough and Woods would you trust his judgement on bringing in any forwards? The Saints are probably waiting on him to finish off next season and give the new coach a clean slate to gut the team and start fresh with plenty of cap to spend which I can understand. They are right to force Hook to blood the youngsters by not bringing in more has-beens because he wasted a year on cheap buys and giving them heaps of game time when not injured or suspended and not bringing the kids through. Saints cannot even go and recruit for 2024 because they don't know who will be coaching then. 2023 is not one to expect much from but only to avoid the spoon. But then again the same was said in 1996 and they made the GF. Difference was David Waite could coach and this guy that is there now cannot.
Difference though is that Canberra and Cronulla are coming off good years and don’t really need massive changes

Dragon David

First Grade
DD
dont you love how the dogs are looking after their juniors !!!!!!!!!!!! Gould is really investing in their pathways isnt he ... looks like gus wants instant success he must be on some sort of bonus ...
BUT at least they are signing name players I just wish we could do something similar
Yes you are right qld redvee. Gus is wanting instant success whilst allowing Ciraldo to get the juniors up to speed and be ready in 2024 and beyond I guess. Ciraldo wanted to have a good nursery of youth to work on and I think he will be doing this at the same time of getting the Dogs into the finals next year.

They have a plan. Gus will want success. The big sponsor of the Dogs also wants success.

I wish that we had similar people wanting instant success.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
DD
dont you love how the dogs are looking after their juniors !!!!!!!!!!!! Gould is really investing in their pathways isnt he ... looks like gus wants instant success he must be on some sort of bonus ...
BUT at least they are signing name players I just wish we could do something similar
Dogs have been investing in juniors from all over QLD, NSW and NZ, they are building the club back up again.

randomdragon

Juniors
Do you trust our juniors? Most of the young junior forwards have had zero game time as of yet or went missing when promoted.

The younger backs should be primed for a great year with talent to burn and experience under their belt, however, as per usual the club has failed to bulk up our forward pack and the whole backline suffers when there's no go forward. You think this might have been picked up on in the last 5 years.

Where are the signings that Webb promised? Other teams have once again schooled us in recruitment.

I'm fine putting faith in juniors but they are being set up to fail with the lack of balance in the team.
Feagai x2 Amone Ramsey say hello

Crush

Coach
Don’t understand people still talking about Mary.
He’s long gone, Hook has had two full seasons to put us back on track.
He hasn’t moved the dial north IMO.
Unlike someone like Fitzgibbon, who was able to attract Hynes and then take Sharks from 9th to 2nd in the regular season.
Anyway, enough talking about Hook, he’s a goner, will be retired by round 10.

HenryTatana

Juniors
The Bulldogs reported to be going to sign Bronson Xerri in 2024.

SPEEDSTER RETURNS

The Bulldogs are reportedly set to offer former Sharks speedster a Bronson Xerri a deal from 2024 when his doping ban ends.

Xerri was banned for steroids following the 2019 season in which he made his NRL debut and played 22 games for the Sharks.

The then teenager copped a four-year suspension but he’s set to sign a two-year deal with the Dogs, according to Danny Weidler.

So it looks like the Bulldogs are looking at the future well and truly. Who else will they be going for?
Who gives a toss.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Don’t understand people still talking about Mary.
He’s long gone, Hook has had two full seasons to put us back on track.
He hasn’t moved the dial north IMO.
Unlike someone like Fitzgibbon, who was able to attract Hynes and then take Sharks from 9th to 2nd in the regular season.
Anyway, enough talking about Hook, he’s a goner, will be retired by round 10.
and the Bulldogs have attracted plenty, meantime our club deteriorates further.
Our club doesn't seem to give a toss about bringing the right people to take this club forward.
Only seem interested is saving money and bringing coaches and players who are worth bottom end of the salary cap, I love this Club, but i hate our administrators, more like Traitors really.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I agree with all the sentiments re incompetence and self interest, but what really makes me angry is being lied to as a member. It was not long ago that Ryan Webb came out and stated more signings would be announced in Novemebr before pre season kicked off....this has not happened. This obviously was just blatant deception to get everyone off their back...the whole lot of them are without integrity!

justadragon

Bench
The Bulldogs reported to be going to sign Bronson Xerri in 2024.

SPEEDSTER RETURNS

The Bulldogs are reportedly set to offer former Sharks speedster a Bronson Xerri a deal from 2024 when his doping ban ends.

Xerri was banned for steroids following the 2019 season in which he made his NRL debut and played 22 games for the Sharks.

The then teenager copped a four-year suspension but he’s set to sign a two-year deal with the Dogs, according to Danny Weidler.

So it looks like the Bulldogs are looking at the future well and truly. Who else will they be going for?
Is there anyone around that the Dogs are not signing, I'd like to see what their cap looks like, they have signed some big name players plus what they had,,,,interesting.

Dragon David

First Grade
Is there anyone around that the Dogs are not signing, I'd like to see what their cap looks like, they have signed some big name players plus what they had,,,,interesting.
I'd be interested too justa. Xerri's proposed signing is from 2024 and I imagine they will be casting aside several lesser lights before then and getting more signed up like a few from Penrith (Lenui, Chrichton for example). They are building big time and Gus knows how it's done. But as someone said earlier, who gives a toss about the Dogs.

I certainly give a toss about us and if we don't do something similar to the Dogs then forget about it and put the cue in the rack because bottom 8 we will be for a very long time.:(:rage:

redv13

Bench
Canberra and Sharks have signed 1 player for 2023. Manly and Cowboys 2 players which one of those is Gosiewski and the Rabbitohs have signed none. Saints are not the only team not keeping up with the likes of the Dogs and Tigers in player recruitment.

The Management is a mess at Saints and after Hooks extension and disastrous signings of Burgess, Maguire, McCullough and Woods would you trust his judgement on bringing in any forwards? The Saints are probably waiting on him to finish off next season and give the new coach a clean slate to gut the team and start fresh with plenty of cap to spend which I can understand. They are right to force Hook to blood the youngsters by not bringing in more has-beens because he wasted a year on cheap buys and giving them heaps of game time when not injured or suspended and not bringing the kids through. Saints cannot even go and recruit for 2024 because they don't know who will be coaching then. 2023 is not one to expect much from but only to avoid the spoon. But then again the same was said in 1996 and they made the GF. Difference was David Waite could coach and this guy that is there now cannot.
4 of the 5 teams you mentioned had a good 2022 and probably don’t need to recruit too much. Comparing those teams against Saints, Dogs, Tigers, Knights etc is a total different ball park