What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The only issue is what will the spine look like in 2024.

Gutho will be 30 and a 35 year old Hooker are the only contracted so far in the spine.

Even though i dont think we will lose both Drown or Moses imo. If we lose one just means we have to pay an extra 200-300k for the other I suspect.
We might've already decided how much we want to pay for our halves as a pair. That could be, for example, a maximum of $1.9M. This means two halves wanting more than $950k each are mutually exclusive. We might be willing to take the first one to sign. I think that's most likely.

FWIW I’ve been reliably informed by a sponsor of the tigers that their offer to Moses is the reported figure of $1.4m, however about $200k is TPA. He knows this because they reached out to the sponsors to source companies for the TPA. He also told me that MM management has said a 3 year extension to Brooks must be part of the deal.

I have no idea what the Eels have offered, however if the $950-$1m reported is correct then Personally I believe that’s bang on for his skill set/age.
It’s how they got Pap from us. TPA and base contract much better

lucablight

First Grade
FWIW I’ve been reliably informed by a sponsor of the tigers that their offer to Moses is the reported figure of $1.4m, however about $200k is TPA. He knows this because they reached out to the sponsors to source companies for the TPA. He also told me that MM management has said a 3 year extension to Brooks must be part of the deal.

I have no idea what the Eels have offered, however if the $950-$1m reported is correct then Personally I believe that’s bang on for his skill set/age.
I would be very surprised if Moses’ management is dictating that Brooks needs to sign with the Tigers to land Moses’ signature. It seems too stupid to be true and I can’t believe they would have the audacity to demand such a thing.

It would be difficult to believe that MM is so wanted even by the Tigers that he'd not only command a significant premium but also stick his neck out for a guy that's already on a million plus and on the nose with plenty of fans, probably the majority. It would be more like hey, it'd be cool if we could keep Luke. Any chance? Oh me or him, okay. Where do I sign?

Avenger

Immortal
Like I said in a previous post it would be best if he just took his option. Put it this way. If he failed to win us a comp in the next 2 years would we even want him for 2025? I’d say no. That’s why the best case scenario for us would be if he just took his player option and then we could make a proper call in 12 months time with 2024 potentially being his last year with us.

However he isn’t stupid. This will not happen because the desperate Tigers are offering stupid money for him. More money than what Munster or Cleary is on. The two best halves in the comp.

Stevie

Bench
Maybe I’m on my own but I like Dylbags, heaps. But he in my opinion isn’t in the same sentence as our best player most weeks. Great at D no doubt. Young and getting better no doubt. But MM is week in week out our best player. Those saying “he has peaked” is laughable. What else can he do, turn water into wine? He is a top NRL half and anyone who prioritises Brown over him is off their head.
This coming from a big Brown fan but let’s get real. Far easier to replace Brown than Moses.
Moses critical for us.

Avenger

Immortal
Maybe I’m on my own but I like Dylbags, heaps. But he in my opinion isn’t in the same sentence as our best player most weeks. Great at D no doubt. Young and getting better no doubt. But MM is week in week out our best player. Those saying “he has peaked” is laughable. What else can he do, turn water into wine? He is a top NRL half and anyone who prioritises Brown over him is off their head.
This coming from a big Brown fan but let’s get real. Far easier to replace Brown than Moses.
Moses critical for us.
Which is why we are offering Moses more than Brown but there must be limits. $1m. Take it or leave it.

eels_fan

First Grade
He asks some fair questions to be honest, the same could be written about Dylan Brown.
The senile fool asks why Moses is playing it out in the media when Latrell is doing it quietly.

Moses isn’t playing anything out in the media - the media are playing it out in the media!

Moses hasn’t given a quote or statement, nor should he while he spends time with his new child (believe he is in the US currently).

I haven’t even read a quote from his manager.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moses critical for us.
All of these decisions are for 2024 onwards though. How good will Moses and Drown be during those years? Drown is likely to keep improving over the next four years while Moses will decline.

IFR33K

Coach
Which is why we are offering Moses more than Brown but there must be limits. $1m. Take it or leave it.

If Moses is on 900-950 imo 1 mill won’t cut it. He just got us to a gf and is vital to our future success. He’s the best half we’ve had since sterling and it’s taken us how many years to find a good one?