What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
I hope he does take his game to the next level - hence my comment that (so far) he seems a tiny bit lazy in being as good (consistently) as he could be.

But true re Fittler and the NSW team selections of late...

My main criticism of his game would be runs too up right and get defenders under his ribcage way too often.

TheCrowe

Juniors
yes, what i am saying is the prop that tackles the run against the set defensive line like RCG
Your point is still valid. We may not need to look externally for a bench prop but if we can get Taupau for one year he may harden up whats been a week period in the game for us. Kaufusi was decent usually but made some bad errors at bad times. Nuikore was great at times and average at others. Not exactly impossible to replace.

Pazza

First Grade
Your point is still valid. We may not need to look externally for a bench prop but if we can get Taupau for one year he may harden up whats been a week period in the game for us. Kaufusi was decent usually but made some bad errors at bad times. Nuikore was great at times and average at others. Not exactly impossible to replace.

we definately need the depth

marata had a disappointing season considering how good he was in 2021. didnt have much impact in the GF either

yy_cheng

Coach
Nope. JA will play all season at 7 in cup except when needed to replace our halves due to injury/suspension/rep.

Club knows only way JA becomes a better half is playing 80 a week, not a bit part utility bench player in the NRL
He's our most experienced 14.

I'll bet he is our 14 but instead of just playing 5 mins a game, he will sub Hodgson and play longer minutes.

eels_fan

First Grade
He's our most experienced 14.

I'll bet he is our 14 but instead of just playing 5 mins a game, he will sub Hodgson and play longer minutes.
He isn’t been groomed to be a utility though. He isn’t one anyway, he was cover for Moses and he dodgy ankle/calf.

I don’t think he’s a bench player in 23, because Hodgson can cover the halves and true utility can play 14.

TheCrowe

Juniors
He isn’t been groomed to be a utility though. He isn’t one anyway, he was cover for Moses and he dodgy ankle/calf.

I don’t think he’s a bench player in 23, because Hodgson can cover the halves and true utility can play 14.
Potential utilities. Hands, Yates, Asi and Rein . JA needs to run the reggies to deveop his game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

14 is not a position ffs. If you mean dummy half then he also needs to be able to defend in the middle. If a merkin is good enough to come off the bench and replace a starting backline player then why wasn’t he starting in the first place?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Arthur Sr has a plan, and can't (or won't) sacrifice Jake's career for the sake of another season of 10min cameos.
Cooper Cronk started as a bench player. And in any case, making cameos off the bench doesn’t preclude a player from playing reserve grade. Jake Arthur’s played 13 games in reserve grade this year plus 14 appearances in the NRL (including four starts). I’m expecting a similar split of games next year.

Latest posts