What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Of course it does, it pretends to be a news organisation, when it's far more a propaganda outlet.

You are a RWNJ, hence your opinions.

Does that sound silly to you?

Triggering the libs is pretty much all the alt right is interested in. It's a solid political platform for sure.

Genuine competition isn't like for like, it offers points of difference, elswise it aint competing.

But alternatives don't need to be serious competition, they just need to exist in order to be an alternative.

It's sure enough to create influence, just as any other type of media does and can with it's audience.

What's dishonest here is your attempts at making out the bird as the be all and end all of influence that has no counter. That's complete horse shit.

Go f**k yourself nothing burger boy.

There's heaps of folk who consume their shit. Tucker Carlson was pulling 3.5 million viewers a night in 2020.

And that doesn't include web views, which I dare say would likely be more.

Twitter doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's just another cog in the machine, there is really no way anyone can state with any authority it turned enough votes to change the outcome of 2020, if you believe that shit you're genuinely cooked
I don't even know what that means so it doesn't sound like anything to me.

Oh and I watched Tucker Carlson interviewed and apart from the weird laugh he doesn't seem all that bad. Doesn't drink, married his childhood sweetheart, lives in a small house in the country. I guess that makes me a rwnj.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Oh and I watched Tucker Carlson interviewed and apart from the weird laugh he doesn't seem all that bad. Doesn't drink, married his childhood sweetheart, lives in a small house in the country. I guess that makes me a rwnj.

He preaches plenty of shit you believe in, so not particularly surprised.

I don't think that anyone being honest would label me that.

That's the point, you spout a fair bit of RWNJ opinion, but that doesn't make you a RWNJ.

the phantom menace

First Grade
This isn't about who does the advertising, but about who receives it. On the service station billboard the Democrats (for example) can't portray themselves as the party of 'family values' (conservative) PoC to one audience while portraying themselves as the party of rich white feminists to an entirely separate audience. On social media they can due to targeted advertising. It's the users who are having their reality tailored for them by Twitter, and until now it was done secretly and dishonestly.
I still don't think this is significant in the slightest... let's try a different analogy.

Jim and Terry meet up for coffee to talk about the weekend game and Terry agrees to pay. Jim tells Terry he thinks it's a waste picking Jake on the bench and using him for 5 mins, and Terry agrees. Terry leaves to go to his bowls club and Steve walks by and sees and recognises Jim, and joins him for a chat and agres to by Jim a coffee. Jim tells Steve that he thinks it's a good move picking Jake on the bench in case we have a mid-game injury in the halves, because he knows Steve is a Jake Arthur fan. Steve agrees. Jim has advertised two different things to two different people, who both still think he's a footy expert and remain glad to shout him coffees in return for the chance to chat about the weekend game.

Twitter is only doing what Jim does to get free coffees - telling people whatever they want to hear, and taking their cash. It's called capitalism.

He preaches plenty of shit you believe in, so not particularly surprised.

That's the point, you spout a fair bit of RWNJ opinion, but that doesn't make you a RWNJ.
Nah, just my impression of him. I'm not really political and certainly not aligned to the right. But when one side goes batshit crazy it's fair to walk on the other side.

From the person who labeled me a far Lefty on a previous page for posting supportive opinions of a mainstream party...
I labelled you that due to a number of posts that described Manly players choosing not to wear the rainbow jersey as homophobes and various other posts. I think it's a fair description and doesn't call into question your sanity in the way nut job does.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I labelled you that due to a number of posts that described Manly players choosing not to wear the rainbow jersey as homophobes and various other posts. I think it's a fair description and doesn't call into question your sanity in the way nut job does.
Calling out bigoted homophobes for what they are is hardly far left... it's mainstream these days (thank goodness too). Far in thiscontext implies unrealistic or batshit, in a similar way to NJ for the right-inclined/persuaded.

Calling out bigoted homophobes for what they are is hardly far left... it's mainstream these days (thank goodness too). Far in thiscontext implies unrealistic or batshit, in a similar way to NJ for the right-inclined/persuaded.
Except there aren't many calling those people homophobes as you did. So you might claim that's a mainstream view but you don't have the evidence to back it up. You're fringe, however much you want to pretend otherwise.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pretty much everyone thinks news corp are a pack of shit stains .... as if no one gives a f**k about them .... talk about deflection
Yep, I’m fairly conservative and I don’t f**ken trust them. People know they’re partisan bullshitters. Now we know Twitter were as well.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Except there aren't many calling those people homophobes as you did. So you might claim that's a mainstream view but you don't have the evidence to back it up. You're fringe, however much you want to pretend otherwise.
Not many people may be calling them that - but not many people would disagree that the Manly 7 committed a homophobic act. Amirite? Pretty mainstream then.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course it does, it pretends to be a news organisation, when it's far more a propaganda outlet.

You are a RWNJ, hence your opinions.

Does that sound silly to you?

Triggering the libs is pretty much all the alt right is interested in. It's a solid political platform for sure.

Genuine competition isn't like for like, it offers points of difference, elswise it aint competing.

But alternatives don't need to be serious competition, they just need to exist in order to be an alternative.

It's sure enough to create influence, just as any other type of media does and can with it's audience.

What's dishonest here is your attempts at making out the bird as the be all and end all of influence that has no counter. That's complete horse shit.

Go f**k yourself nothing burger boy.

There's heaps of folk who consume their shit. Tucker Carlson was pulling 3.5 million viewers a night in 2020.

And that doesn't include web views, which I dare say would likely be more.

Twitter doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's just another cog in the machine, there is really no way anyone can state with any authority it turned enough votes to change the outcome of 2020, if you believe that shit you're genuinely cooked
Fox News and other partisan media organisations have close to zero reach with swing voters. Twitter has huge reach with this cohort and now we see the platform has been actively suppressing their access to one set of political views, all without their knowledge.