What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
The lack of depth in the halves is something Douhie openly conceded in his interview today.

And this apparent injury to Brooksy, well he’s supposed to be back to full training by now, but I understand it’s another 3 weeks.

Benji filling in as a player at training for significant periods. That’s something we all hoped would be avoided, but he can’t help himself.

Training is not designed for coaches to fill in for players. It’s for players to train with other players.

Tim is not going to throw flick passes at Will Smith or Nado.

It’s less than ideal when a few weeks out, the guy you are pinning your hopes on, can’t train properly.

Where he can’t train, he can’t improve on the garbage he proffered last season, when he actually played.

And reading Doogie, I don’t think he’s a Moses man.
Benji is plan B.
He will play this year if Luke goes down.

Benji filling in as a player at training for significant periods. That’s something we all hoped would be avoided, but he can’t help himself.
Is that correct?
significant periods, perhaps it’s best to be hands on, show the team what he’s trying to achieve and then move to the sidelines and watch the 6 or 7 run the play a number of times, practice makes perfect, doesn’t it?

Api has said that he’s learnt plenty from Farah since he’s been there, surely Farah is doing the same thing ie training for significant periods with the forwards?

it’s certainly not something I had hoped would be avoided?

Benji is plan B.
He will play this year if Luke goes down.
Wouldn’t that take them to 31 in squad numbers?
And remember the NRL has to approve it and they would have to be a value put on the player. Can’t say he’s playing for $1000 a game when he’s worth $10000 a game.

Interesting thought though.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
There must have been some serious personality clashes with Hastings, that’s the only reasonable reason I can think of for why they ditched him. Clashes with the wrong people or with too many people, or maybe he’s carrying injuries? They’ve seriously crippled their half depth, I think the decision to ditch him will land the Tigers a 9th spot finish, again, rather than a top 8 this year. Madge wouldn’t have ditched him.
Madge wouldn't have ditched him as evidenced by him not dropping any players no matter how crap they were.
If we kept Madge we would pretty much have the same team as last year and be producing pretty similar results.

WA Tiger

Bench

Training is not designed for coaches to fill in for players. It’s for players to train with other players.

Tim is not going to throw flick passes at Will Smith or Nado.
Benji currently isn’t the coach. Amongst other things He’s a resource. And a hell of a resource, having been one of the top, if not the top 6, in the history of the game - don’t you think. At this moment that would be stupid to waste. He’s upskilling the team to a standard that he wants longer term. And getting the team as primed as possible for a top 8 or better tilt. Nothing wrong with that.
He’s not silly enough to try to play. He knows that would diminish his standing as the upcoming ‘25 Coach. Pick away but.

Last edited:
Madge wouldn't have ditched him as evidenced by him not dropping any players no matter how crap they were.
If we kept Madge we would pretty much have the same team as last year and be producing pretty similar results.
Madge signed Api,
Madge signed Paps
Madge signed Hastings
Because he thought Brooks was crap

He was sacked to get ciraldo
to put the pressure on
the club f**ked that up badly
And Tim chose himself for the job.

Ivan left the side in tatters
Madge had no real chance
To denigrate his name
Is club spin and voodoo dance.

Most players liked the Madge
Douhie said he wasn’t rough
A victim of the perfect storm
Of club in arrogance.

To say he would not perform this year
With a 42% cull
with better players installed
Sounds wrong and very dull.

All you Madge haters, jumping in his grave, the club has f**ked with your minds. You’re to be pitied.

He did everything he could for the Wests Tigers.He had a red hot go.

Not you Ned, but I won’t have his good name soiled and dragged into the gutter by toothless knuckle dragging lobotomised club shills.

Last edited:

Bench
UK visas are apparently a shit show at the best of times. I don't see how this is WT admin's fault.
Correct, and it is not just Bateman that has to get a visa this time, it is his daughter as well, his wife and other kid should be right, but you can't get a working visa without a job, so they had to wait for the contract to be signed

Bench
I’d say: Madge would have had even less clue that Brooks was the problem and as Madge originally signed Brooks, Madge would have have felt pressure to keep him and the Newcastle conversation would have been nipped in the bud before it started. Klemmer wouldn’t have even considered playing under Madge. There’s no past links between the two. Klemmer would have seen 1/ the potential change of mind of paps and then 2/ the possible change of mind of Paps anyway and all the related drama.(I’m thinking the pathetic state of the club and the spoon more than Madges exit scared Paps off) We may have got Staines with Madge but consider that all the Penrith signings occurred way before we got the spoon, when there was a sliver of hope of some success. Being wooden spooners with a lunatic at the wheel, I’d say WT would have been a last option for Staines and he would have landed at a different club. And Crichton. Do u really think he would have come across. Or was he trying to beef up his pay deal at Easts?

So who are we left with: Api, Hastings who's slow as a wet week maybe Paps, ..Another spoon. And the beginning of a dynasty.

But no, Sheens and Benji are here,with a resulting influx of star players. And in future; better talent ID’n and for the first time promotion on merit from the lower grades, and the demotion of players that deserve it after being given a reasonable time frame to prove themselves (Think of all the players that Madge kept in a position or in the team way past their use by date) with the very real possibility of snaring Moses. Without Moses we should be looking at a far more respectable position on the ladder. And with him the sky’s the limit.

Let it go
100%, Madge never improved the players, actually made them worse, he couldn't coach to the squad he had, his game plans were from 2014, he took us further down the table each year he was here, he should have been sacked at the end of 2021 after the Bulldogs horror show.
He took Souths to 12th in 2016, and 12th again in 2017, Seibold took that same team to 3rd in 2018, Souths sacked him for a reason, a reason we should of heeded, no club will want him as head coach again, his style is one dimensional and outdated, and he won't or can't change

Is that correct?
significant periods, perhaps it’s best to be hands on, show the team what he’s trying to achieve and then move to the sidelines and watch the 6 or 7 run the play a number of times, practice makes perfect, doesn’t it?

Api has said that he’s learnt plenty from Farah since he’s been there, surely Farah is doing the same thing ie training for significant periods with the forwards?

it’s certainly not something I had hoped would be avoided?
I don’t think our Robbie has too much to teach the best hooker in the world.

100%, Madge never improved the players, actually made them worse, he couldn't coach to the squad he had, his game plans were from 2014, he took us further down the table each year he was here, he should have been sacked at the end of 2021 after the Bulldogs horror show.
He took Souths to 12th in 2016, and 12th again in 2017, Seibold took that same team to 3rd in 2018, Souths sacked him for a reason, a reason we should of heeded, no club will want him as head coach again, his style is one dimensional and outdated, and he won't or can't change
I think there are too many variables for this submission.

And you left out the bit about him taking the Bunnies to their first grand final in 100 years or whatever it f**king was

Someone wont rush over here from the Souths forum to correct me I’m sure.

They won’t speak to me since I said that Lats needs a red hot poker up his arse as payback for his assault on Manu.

Cowards attack if ever I’ve seen one.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok cheers I didn’t know that

WA Tiger

Bench
I think there are too many variables for this submission.

And you left out the bit about him taking the Bunnies to their first grand final in 100 years or whatever it f**king was lol.

Someone wont rush over here from the Souths forum to correct me I’m sure.

They won’t speak to me since I said that Lats needs a red hot poker up his arse as payback for his assault on Manu. Cowards attack if ever I’ve seen one.
Calm the mind. Let statements hang in the air to help avoid another Saturday hu ha.

Das Hassler

Bench
WT don't owe Madge for winning the '14 GF with Souths ....the next 6 seasons each worse than the one before is a stark fact. I liked him for his total commitment but he declared prior to his first season that he would take the team Ivan left him to the finals....a lot of longterm injuries to the old guys sure didn't help but after three and a half years he had nothing at all in the positives column that a responsible board could point to to justify a 5th season ...no one's attacked him personally...it's just commentary on the nuts and bolts of coaching

WT don't owe Madge for winning the '14 GF with Souths ....the next 6 seasons each worse than the one before is a stark fact. I liked him for his total commitment but he declared prior to his first season that he would take the team Ivan left him to the finals....a lot of longterm injuries to the old guys sure didn't help but after three and a half years he had nothing at all in the positives column that a responsible board could point to to justify a 5th season ...no one's attacked him personally...it's just commentary on the nuts and bolts of coaching
There wouldn’t be enough computer memory in the entire world to collate the lies, spins and mistakes of the wt board.

No one should forget Madge laid the groundwork for this current pack and our better players, against the odds too.

Madge did not deliver us the spoon. That was courtesy of the so called accountable board and management. We can thank Tim for the privilige of last place as well. We were awarded the spoon under his watch, not Madge.

This rewriting of history is most unbecoming and hurtful.

Last edited:
What rewriting of history? If Madge was given a 5th season then THAT would require a suspension of reality
Madge coaching a team he put together more than anyone else. To his plan, to his design. After years of Ivans pork chop hangovers

And a side without Brooks and without the man-child Benji substituting himself in training because Tim and co didn’t get their sums right and believe in the giant magpie in the sky.

And the club still able to dismiss the spoon as a not in my backyard fantasy that couldn’t possibly concern us?

Thats the reality.

His retention for at least this season and some support for him when he needed and deserved it would have been the absolute best of all options available.

But not with the incompetent unaccountable knuckleheads who run this club and all but ensured they have a job for life.

Madge has more integrity in his little toe than the entire Wt board and quislings.

He took his departure like a man as well, not like most of our rejected players, whining and whinging away on the hate. Gutless Pussies.

Im sure Madge had his own side, we don’t hear it because he drips with quality.

Plus he’s a current international coach. That’s a serious qualification. He will be back in the first grade game soon enough.

Last edited:
In the meantime Saturday off season grumblers, Players family day is now featured on official:

Important to keep the better half’s on-board, players immediate families go to hell and back.

Looks like everyone had a good time, ✔️

Hopefully Justin didn’t charge them!

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
In a nutshell. What is so fkn hard to understand about this post

Reactions: 851

Latest posts