What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If perth is such a can't miss home run for nrl expansion..?!

Pneuma

First Grade
Wookiw exposed himself as a troll. He's spent weeks arguing that all revenue counts, regardless of whether it's from football operations or gaming machines and the governing body. Using his logic the revenue from Twiggy counts just as much. The fact he's trying to rewrite the rules proves he doesn't believe the shit he says and is just looking to join he circle-jerk.

Wookie = Troll
Well there you go. The Wookie is a troll. I bet he didn’t know that. All that knowledge experience and hard work reduced to trolldom. Lucky we have the Donkey here then. A true mastermind.

Wb1234

Referee
The CRL is the worst of the 3. Back in the 90s I called them looking for some results for a fan website and they threatened to sue me if I reported on CRL fixtures. Complete f**king morons.
Yep
It’s cause of those guys we had to add new teams in Newcastle and Illawarra so it didn’t weaken their local comps

when the commission started the nswrl and qrl were supposed to be killed off and sadly they weren’t

the boss of the qrl was against the dolphins in the nrl because he wanted them to focus on his little comp

Stewbum

Juniors
when the commission started the nswrl and qrl were supposed to be killed off and sadly they weren’t

the boss of the qrl was against the dolphins in the nrl because he wanted them to focus on his little comp
I remember that!

And am not surprised by your last statement.

Wb1234

Referee
I remember that!

And am not surprised by your last statement.
And why there is no national reserve grade now

the old school blazer boys protecting their turf

I wonder how many tens of millions they waste each year which could be better directed at grassroots

Stewbum

Juniors
And why there is no national reserve grade now
There never will be one again. A National Division two comp is a possibility though. Maybe with two conferences and joint playoffs.

There is no appetite to see Melbourne Reserve Grade vs Gold Coast Reserve Grade. There is very little appetite to see Newtown vs North Sydney, but more than the above scenario. Our clubs in Qld have strived to build the Qld Cup up, and it got excellent tv ratings for years on the ABC despite poor crowds. Any solution to "Reserve Grade" must at minimum do justice to the stronger clubs which have 100+ years of history. This is one of the reasons that the Dolphins have finally made it.

EDIT I'd love to see other states like WA use a 2nd tier comp to stake their claim for the NRL. Money being the obvious impediment.

Wb1234

Referee
There never will be one again. A National Division two comp is a possibility though. Maybe with two conferences and joint playoffs.

There is no appetite to see Melbourne Reserve Grade vs Gold Coast Reserve Grade. There is very little appetite to see Newtown vs North Sydney, but more than the above scenario. Our clubs in Qld have strived to build the Qld Cup up, and it got excellent tv ratings for years on the ABC despite poor crowds. Any solution to "Reserve Grade" must at minimum do justice to the stronger clubs which have 100+ years of history. This is one of the reasons that the Dolphins have finally made it.

EDIT I'd love to see other states like WA use a 2nd tier comp to stake their claim for the NRL. Money being the obvious impediment.
Haha. Now you sound like the qrl boss !

sorry but it’s true

Iamback

Coach

20 teams possibly 22 should be the aim players are needed for that. A 2nd tier

then the Relevant State Cups allows more areas and players to get involved

Iamback

Coach
This dilemma has been played out in the QLD Cup since the 90s. The comp is pretty even.

Not sure how Mackay, Northern Pride will go without Fulltimers.
Central QLD and PNG have struggled without the class a NRL fringe guy can bring

Stewbum

Juniors
Haha. Now you sound like the qrl boss !

sorry but it’s true
Look I get that you guys have zero buy in on the Qld Comp, but just try to imagine that you grew up in Brisbane PRE-BRONCOS, stay with me, and you had a comp and clubs that weren't from Sid-en-ney. Sorry - no chance you'll understand.

I'll start again. It's 1985, the NSW govt bans poker machines, and the Qld Govt legalises them. Parramatta and Manly chook raffles can't pay the players and they flock to the Brisbane Rugby League. You guys get sick of the drain and the Sydney Broncos are born. Up north we say who f**ken cares about suburbs down south - we are born to control rugby league. Canberra enters, blah blah blah and people one day start calling for expansion and culling of the Brissy clubs.

Meanwhile your suburban NSWRL has gone to hell but a few diehards still like to watch their "local" clubs. Now there's a push for a national Reserve Grade so your sydney comp becomes 3rd grade or worse.

Yeah it does because I'm not going to be part of an echo chamber.
There's risk and realities that need to be pointed out.
I'd love to see a Perth team but not if it means in 10 years all the headlines are about poor Perth crowds , complaining about travel and the lack performance.
Gold Coast was the biggest no brainer for expansion in Rugby league! A few years of bad performance and do you realise how many people want them cut from the competition???
Imagine that x10
The people who call for the Titans to be kicked out are insular NSWRL fans who support clubs that draw even smaller crowds.

Self interest is the QRL's only interest. Unless someone else suggests a good idea, then even it's not in their interest.
The fact we haven't had a team in Logan since 2002 shows how pathetic the QRL is. I tried to get the QRL to reform the Scorpions in 2012/13, but they weren't interested. They're a pack of hillbillies.

So who should go. Sharks ? Perth Sharks. Opens up a 18th team still.

At this stage the leading contenders are Manly, Wests, Canterbury, Cronulla and St George. If Cronulla went then St George would have Southern Sydney to themselves. If one of Canterbury or Wests went then the club that survives would have a chance to grow.

Last edited:

Latest posts