What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Te Kaha

First Grade

His highlight reel from the qld cup is something else

So a player from the NZ third division Rugby province, not offered a Super Rugby contract, who had never played League before, after one season playing League, is considered "the next best thing"? And you and your circle jerk are claiming Rugby players wouldn't cut it in the NRL????

Te Kaha

First Grade

Yikes, out of all of those players, count how many were raised in ANY NZ system, League or otherwise. It wont take you very long.
It seems the push for a second NZ team is not about growing League in NZ, its about maintaining a supply line for the Aussie NRL clubs.

Matua

Bench
Yikes, out of all of those players, count how many were raised in ANY NZ system, League or otherwise. It wont take you very long.
It seems the push for a second NZ team is not about growing League in NZ, its about maintaining a supply line for the Aussie NRL clubs.
That's a strange headline as I think only the first three are NZ related and two of them have already played for other countries and the other one is an Aussie schoolboys captain.

Pneuma

First Grade
That's a strange headline as I think only the first three are NZ related and two of them have already played for other countries and the other one is an Aussie schoolboys captain.
Confused me mate. Journalism ain’t what it used to be.

Wb1234

Referee
Why don’t you send them a message and tell them you don’t think they are kiwis lol

all this talk about declining kiwi juniors doesn’t apply to the nrl

good to see so many spine players

the kiwis will be well serviced in the future

I know this will shock you but all blacks great sonny bill Williams played under 18 origin for nsw ! Great kiwi and all

Matua

Bench
Why don’t you send them a message and tell them you don’t think they are kiwis lol

I know this will shock you but all blacks great sonny bill Williams played under 18 origin for nsw ! Great kiwi and all

I didn't say they weren't Kiwis.

Why would you think SBW playing for NSW U18 would shock me?

Wb1234

Referee
I didn't say they weren't Kiwis.

Why would you think SBW playing for NSW U18 would shock me?
You guys just miss the point or ignore it

you said those kids played for other nations and Aussie schoolboys

so I was reminding you that many kiwi kids who have played league (and union) played in those junior teams

these are players that are eligible for nz and extremely talented

katoa and olapu are freaks

this is why league is chasing them

and you know why another nz nrl team will be so beneficial for rugby league

Matua

Bench

so I was reminding you that many kiwi kids who have played league (and union) played in those junior teams

Why is league chasing them? They're league players. League doesn't need to chase them.

You don't have a coherent point. Those three players, and players like them do nothing for local NZ league and have no relevance to whether another NZ team will be beneficial for rugby league.

Wb1234

Referee
Why is league chasing them? They're league players. League doesn't need to chase them.

You don't have a coherent point. Those three players, and players like them do nothing for local NZ league and have no relevance to whether another NZ team will be beneficial for rugby league.
The ones that were playing in nz they were chased bc they were talented

it’s so funny seeing how ignorant you and your mate are about league systems

in league It’s the clubs developing players largely

so getting these kids from nz into Australian systems is what’s producing elite players

and why nz2 is crucial

it will be another team tapping local talent but putting them into the Australian system which produces elite players

you’ve got the warriors kids playing against the best Aussie talent not a team full of part time players from some provincial backwater

the younger they get into our junior systems the better for their development

Te Kaha

First Grade

So Aussie born players indicate that Kiwi League playing numbers aren't in decline? I knew you were stupid, but that's taking it to the next level.

What a load of horse shit from you as per usual. Only THREE are born here and they are League players who lived in Australia since they were kids.

1. Isaiya Katoa - In Aussie since he was barely a teenager.
2. Siua Wong - In Aussie since he was barely a teenager.
3. Karl Oloapu - In Aussie since he was barely a teenager.
4. Paul Alamoti - Born in Aussie!!!!
5. Jonah Pezat - Aussie Born!!!
6. Blake Mozar - Have a guess where he was born and already played for Aussie age grade.
7. Jesse Mclean - as above
8. Lati Fainu - as above
9. Josh Feledy - Have a guess....
10. Harrison Hassett- have a guess to complete the set.

How will another NZ team be "beneficial" when 70% of that list weren't born here, and 100% of it weren't raised in NZ from the age of 12 or 13!!!!!

MugaB

Coach

I thought Money Bill Williams was Canadian, im sure he played for Toronto..... hehehe

Latest posts